Recipe Homemade, low sugar white chocolate

LissaC

Legendary Member
Local time
2:07 PM
Image from iOS (162).jpg

This recipe is expensive to make, but has a lot less sugar than store bought white chocolate. Because it has less sugar and less milk powder it tastes more like cocoa, it's a bit different from the white chocolate you usually buy.

- 40g cocoa butter
- 40g milk powder (I used powdered coconut milk to keep it lactose free)
- 10g powdered stevia

1. Set up a double boiler and bring water to a simmer in medium-low heat. The top boiler shouldn't be touching the water (don't worry too much if it does though, I've been successful both ways).
2. Melt cocoa butter, whisk continuously.
3. Add powdered stevia and whisk.
4. Add milk powder or powdered coconut milk and whisk.
5. Remove from heat and get the chocolate in a high speed blender to get a smooth texture. Put the white chocolate into chocolate molds, and let it in the fridge for 2 hours. This chocolate melts more easily than store bought so you should keep it in the fridge.

Notes on this recipe:
* Because I used powdered coconut milk my chocolate didn't taste so much like milk but it didn't taste like coconut either.
* Always use powdered/confectioners sugar for this recipe otherwise the final product will be very grainy.
* This chocolate has the tendency to become grainy, you need to whisk really well and at the right temperature and blend it in the end, otherwise the final texture will be very grainy.
* Cocoa doesn't like moisture and you can't let anything moist touch your chocolate during the process. Be very careful that your boiler isn't steaming because the steam can seize the chocolate creating lumps that will be impossible to dissolve. And avoid doing this recipe with a wooden spoon, wood tends to retain moisture.
* I personally never tried flavoring my chocolate but you can add some flavors (like vanilla or spices) after you blend the chocolate.

Happy cooking!

View attachment 46499

This recipe is expensive to make, but has a lot less sugar than store bought white chocolate. Because it has less sugar and less milk powder it tastes more like cocoa, it's a bit different from the white chocolate you usually buy.

- 40g cocoa butter
- 40g milk powder (I used powdered coconut milk to keep it lactose free)
- 10g powdered stevia

1. Set up a double boiler and bring water to a simmer in medium-low heat. The top boiler shouldn't be touching the water (don't worry too much if it does though, I've been successful both ways).
2. Melt cocoa butter, whisk continuously.
3. Add powdered stevia and whisk.
4. Add milk powder or powdered coconut milk and whisk.
5. Remove from heat and get the chocolate in a high speed blender to get a smooth texture. Put the white chocolate into chocolate molds, and let it in the fridge for 2 hours. This chocolate melts more easily than store bought so you should keep it in the fridge.

Notes on this recipe:
* Because I used powdered coconut milk my chocolate didn't taste so much like milk but it didn't taste like coconut either.
* Always use powdered/confectioners sugar for this recipe otherwise the final product will be very grainy.
* This chocolate has the tendency to become grainy, you need to whisk really well and at the right temperature and blend it in the end, otherwise the final texture will be very grainy.
* Cocoa doesn't like moisture and you can't let anything moist touch your chocolate during the process. Be very careful that your boiler isn't steaming because the steam can seize the chocolate creating lumps that will be impossible to dissolve. And avoid doing this recipe with a wooden spoon, wood tends to retain moisture.
* I personally never tried flavoring my chocolate but you can add some flavors (like vanilla or spices) after you blend the chocolate.

Happy cooking!

Nice and a very accurate description. I like white chocolate but because of its overwhelming sweetness, I can eat only a very small piece.
I think that more addition of vanilla or spices would be too much for my personal tastebuds, thus it’s perfect like this.

Back
Top Bottom