Homes and kitchens in different countries

Its much bigger than many 'average' UK homes and probably bigger than mine. The kitchen is way bigger than my tiny kitchen. I don't like the decor but to me it looks to be quite spacious. The ranch style would fetch much bigger money here.

Here is a home for sale (actually sold, awaiting closing) in my neighborhood. The seller is a friend of mine. The homes in my neighborhood are different than most in the Dallas suburbs. They are individual homes, but on small lots. Kind of like row houses in Northeastern cities.

11018 Elizabeth Ave, Frisco, TX, 75035 | realtor.com®

Here is a home for sale a few blocks South of my neighborhood that is VERY typical of my city.

8301 Sebastian Inlt, Frisco, TX, 75035 | realtor.com®

CD

Last edited:
Just for grins and giggles, I thought I'd take a look at some listings in the part of Frisco I will NEVER live in.

2002 Creekridge Dr, Frisco, TX, 75034 | realtor.com®

CD :eek:
Wow, that wooden room with the fireplace, I can definitely imagine me and my Agatha Christie books living there.

And it's not like I can't afford a house like that, but the immigration papers would take too long... :rolleyes:

Hey you know what? As we're on the topic of kitchen design, how do you feel about Sink styles?
I HATE the sink I have which is one of the divided sinks where there is one larger side and one smaller side, but neither is large enough to fit my large skillets except when placed at an angle. What do you ladies and gents think of the trend towards larger & deeper industrial style sinks?

Example of old:
View attachment 71814
Example of trending:
View attachment 71815
I just replaced my divided sink for a single bowl variety, for the very reason you stated, the ability to wash bigger items.

Word of warning - if you do that, figure out what gauge your current sink is and go up to the next thicker gauge. That center divider does provide support. Mine now "feels" too thin, even though it's the same gauge.

One thing I don't like about mine...I had to stick with a 7" depth, which now seems quite shallow. Nothing much I could do about it without replacing the vanity and doing some additional plumbing, which would have tripled the cost, more or less.

In the UK, I lived in a tiny, 2 floor, 3 bedroomed semi-detached house - one of the bedrooms was a "box room" - 1 bathroom. 90mts2, I think. The redeeming factor was a front and back garden ( where I practised cricket!). When I moved to London, it was a flat (apartment). My first abode in Venezuela was my in-law´s house. Absolutely ginormous, by my standards: 650mts2 (that´s over 2,000 sq ft), 3 bedrooms, but huge social areas below,with a miniscule garden up front and a slightly bigger space behind. However, the back garden had a humongous BBQ ( I actually cooked for 30 people on that).
Then it was another flat. OK, I suppose; 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a "maid´s quarters", which was an elongated closet off the kitchen, with a shower/bathroom space.
Finally, we moved into my dream house. 15 kms outside the centre of the city, and 300 mts higher up ( we´re at 1.300 mts above sea level), so a lot fresher. Not enormous: only about 250-300 mts (800-900 sq ft), but with French windows in the front and to the side. 3 bedrooms ( all with en-suite bathrooms) and a galley kitchen. The area downstairs is open, so the dining room, sitting room and TV room can all be integrated when necessary. The architect who designed it was a genius: the house faces north, so the sun never, ever hits the living space; it´s always cool inside. The house is built on a solid concrete frame ( earthquake zone) .
The day my wife called me to come and look at it, I was working in my kitchen, doing 30 kgs of onion marmalade. "Come NOW!" she said.
" I stink of onions!" I replied. I went anyway.
A quick look at the house - fine, lots of open space - but then I saw the garden. That was it. We signed the same day!
Photos to follow...

So as not to disappoint:

Here's the most expensive house for sale in my county:

1192 Frazier Rd, Jefferson Township, OH, 45148 | realtor.com®

And here's the least expensive one:

64 Larrick Rd, Wayne Township, OH, 45169 | realtor.com®

It's not actually the absolute cheapest - there one was that didn't look habitable, and a couple that had no pics.

The cheapest listing I could find in Frisco is an empty lot -- with a shed (Bonus!)

7580 Snug Harbor Cir Lot 10, Frisco, TX, 75036 | realtor.com®

CD

TastyReuben is that all your bakyard? If it's not, how do you know which part is yours if it's not fenced?

Back
Top Bottom