Homes and kitchens in different countries

Looks like this works very well... but curious if or where you stack finished laundry while you sort it? (If the weather is nice, I hang stuff out to dry, and would rather sort this over the washer or dryer than in some other room).

Not sure what you mean by 'sorting'! I just get it out and hang it up. It comes out of the machine and into a basket and then is hung up on a concertina floor standing hanger in front of a radiator. Not pretty but practical - today's wash.

Our washer and dryer are in a separate utility room, with the furnace and the water heater and all that.

Once laundry is dried, it gets dumped and folded on one of the beds, because that's the largest flat surface in the house, minus the floor.

...I only do washing about once a fortnight these days. Once dry I fold it up on the dining room table. No ironing, ever.

My friends houses in London don't have a place to hang and dry clothes outside. All the houses they rent come with a dryer.

My friends houses in London don't have a place to hang and dry clothes outside. All the houses they rent come with a dryer.

No room for a tumble dryer here unless I seriously reconfigure things, but I don't mind a bit of washing hanging around. But yes, most people in the UK have a dryer.

No room for a tumble dryer here unless I seriously reconfigure things, but I don't mind a bit of washing hanging around. But yes, most people in the UK have a dryer.
One of my friends house had a combo washer+dryer, would that be an option? His actually worked really well.

One of my friends house had a combo washer+dryer, would that be an option? His actually worked really well.

Could be an option - I did have one once in another house but it didn't have a very large capacity when washing. I think in order to dry the clothes, there needs to be space in the drum for them to rotate and fly about (if you see what I mean). I really don't mind so much - in the days when I had teenagers here it was annoying, as there was so much washing I seemed to have that concertina rack on display 5 days out of 7. Now its once a fortnight and the washing dries overnight.

We have a separate washing room, tub and washing machine, top loading, and dryer floor standing. I’m currently drying ”smalls” in the lounge now with the heat pump on low. It’s warm enough to hang outside but I can’t be arsed. Towels were done yesterday,I’ve turned into a laundry biartch. Lol.

Russ

Pic of my kitchen:

It’s open, so to the left is the dining area. It has large sliding glass doors to close it off. They’re not brilliant tbh and if I make something like a steak then the house will be filled with smoke. In those cases opening my balcony door and my kitchen outer door will blow/suck it out.

Through the outer door is a sheltered utility area:

..and if we go through and hang a left that’s where my appliances are:

A7A69F3E-A7C1-41F4-A697-7EC469364B9E.jpeg

..and beyond is a ‘maid room’. Many Singapore apartments are designed with a space that is commonly used for a live-in helper. We don’t have one so that’s a pantry and storeroom. At right is a shower/toilet intended for the maid’s use, but that’s the one I use when the others are all occupied. :)

I snapped a few iPhone shots of my parent's house, going up for sale in a few weeks. We hope to get $400,000 USD for it. The house is on a wide boulevard. I was standing on the median between East and West lanes.

For scale, the island in the kitchen measures about 8 feet long and 3 feet wide.

IMG_1597.JPG

IMG_1599.JPG

IMG_1573.JPG
IMG_1575.JPG
IMG_1573.JPG IMG_1575.JPG IMG_1573.JPG IMG_1575.JPG IMG_1573.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1575.JPG
    IMG_1575.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 295
Last edited by a moderator:
There is an extra photo after my "CD" initials that will not go away. Grrrrrr.

CD

Back
Top Bottom