Local time
8:51 AM
HONEY-CITRUS CHOPS
Makes 6 servings

Ingredients
2/3 cup lemon-lime soda
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)

Directions
In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soda, soy sauce and honey; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.

Drain and discard marinade. Grill, covered, on an oiled rack over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°.

Recipe courtesy of The Taste Of Home Cookbook

The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: honey

Very good idea. I have some in my freezer, might give it a go.
Do you think I could sub the soda with lemon and lime juice? Would I need to add baking soda?

Very good idea. I have some in my freezer, might give it a go.
Do you think I could sub the soda with lemon and lime juice? Would I need to add baking soda?
I'd say use lemon and lime juice and some fizzy water (club soda). I don't know about baking soda. Never thought about that. I'd probably lean more toward just diluting the juices with a little water, maybe, and forgetting the bubbles in that case.

I'd say use lemon and lime juice and some fizzy water (club soda). I don't know about baking soda. Never thought about that. I'd probably lean more toward just diluting the juices with a little water, maybe, and forgetting the bubbles in that case.

Don't forget the high-fructose corn syrup. :eek:

I would ditch the lemon-lime soda in that recipe, and use fresh lemons and/or limes, letting the honey cover the sweet part. You could always use some olive oil to add volume to the marinade.

My apologies to The Taste of Home Cookbook.

CD

Don't forget the high-fructose corn syrup. :eek:

I would ditch the lemon-lime soda in that recipe, and use fresh lemons and/or limes, letting the honey cover the sweet part. You could always use some olive oil to add volume to the marinade.

My apologies to The Taste of Home Cookbook.

CD
Oh ok

Back
Top Bottom