Recipe Honey & orange zest cake

Yay! My cake recipes are usually reliable, glad you found it to be so too!
The last test will be tasting - I frequently think that any cakes I make are too dense. This one doesn’t feel overly heavy, but it also doesn’t look to fluffy, just judging from the outside.

We’ll find out on Thanksgiving, but I’m always prepared to be disappointed in any cake I make.

The last test will be tasting - I frequently think that any cakes I make are too dense. This one doesn’t feel overly heavy, but it also doesn’t look to fluffy, just judging from the outside.

We’ll find out on Thanksgiving, but I’m always prepared to be disappointed in any cake I make.
It's not going to be super fluffy, it only has two eggs. If you want major fluff 4 eggs is the minimum.

American cakes are also often fluffier than European ones, I am not sure what the secret is.

I was just going to tea this sounds delicious with some tea when I saw step 5 in your list Lol. Looks like it would go good with some good jam or marmalade even. Thanks for the pic, looks great!

I was just going to tea this sounds delicious with some tea when I saw step 5 in your list Lol. Looks like it would go good with some good jam or marmalade even. Thanks for the pic, looks great!
Yes I think in case it's not fluffy enough for some people here, add some marmalade or clotted cream!

Well, I think this turned out very well - not dense at all, and everyone loved it:

Well yeah, it's my recipe? Not sure what you're asking exactly. The measurements are correct.
In America, most home bakers use volume rather than weight for measuring pretty much any thing.
So that's why I was asking if you use weigh all of the ingredients as apposed to volume, ie. 1 cup vs. 240 grams of whole milk (just an example).

Back
Top Bottom