- 2 tblsp Olive oil
- 150 gm Onion (finely chopped)
- 6 fresh red chillis (finely chopped)
- 6 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1½ tsp tomato paste
- 600g tomatoes (peeled and liquidised)
- 1 chicken or vegetable stock cube (crushed)
- ½ tblsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp of dried basil
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- Pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a wok and stir fry the onion until golden brown. Add the chillis and garlic and stir fry for a further minute.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for a further minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 45 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Allow to cool.
- Transfer to containers and refrigerate or freeze as required.