How do you like your Weetabix?

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
1:11 AM
Well - maybe you don't like Weetabix at all - but if you do, tell us how you eat it. In the UK, the promotion 'Any-Which-Way-A-Bix' invites photographs of favourite ways to eat the cereal. Since the prize for the 'best' is £10,000, I thought it worth a punt to make a few entries. So any innovative ideas are welcome! The most obvious way is topped with fruit or nuts, as illustrated on the promo pack:

is bringing back its Any-Which-Way-A-Bix campaign, introducing a new ‘Win £10,000’ on-pack promotion and in-store activity for the year.

As an extension of the ‘Have You Had Your Weetabix?’ messaging, the new activation is part of a wider £11m media spend and aims to drive penetration and category value by encouraging consumers to share their Weetabix creations to win the cash prize.

The limited-edition pack design will feature on all core Weetabix Original packs, including grocery multiples and PMPs. Launched this month with in-store activity and remaining on-pack till March, the new packs feature fruit, nuts and seeds and the ‘share your creations to win £10K’ campaign graphic to encourage consumer involvement and purchase.

weetabix-offers-new-way-bix-pack-promotion

Well, I don't eat weet-a-bix here, though we can definitely get it; I eat Post Spoon-Sized Shredded Wheat. I like it because their biscuit is a lot...more dense?...more tightly woven?...than anyone else's that I've tried. It's a seriously heavy cereal.

I like it with golden raisins added, and just enough milk or half-and-half for each biscuit to get soaked and soft. Once I pour in the dairy, I stir it all up to get everything wet, then I let it sit for five minutes or so, to get a bit soggy. Sometimes in the cold months, I might even zap it in the microwave for a few seconds, just to warm it a little.

I knew someone who ate them spread with butter. Must have been a lot of butter as they are so dry!

Last edited:
I suppose it could be used instead of breadcrumbs.

How about breakfast arancini made with porridge, a fruit filling and coated in weetabix crumbs?

A fruit crumble doesn't sound like a winning recipe to me. Erm... I'll think on.

Coat scotch eggs? Didn't we do something with freezing eggs and deep frying?

How about a breakfast cranachan?

Last edited:
I suppose it could be used instead of breadcrumbs.

How about breakfast arancini made with porridge, a fruit filling and coated in weetabix crumbs?

A fruit crumble doesn't sound like a winning recipe to me. Erm... I'll think on.

Coat scotch eggs? Didn't we do something with freezing eggs and deep frying?

How about a breakfast cranachan?

Good ideas!

Didn't we do something with freezing eggs and deep frying?

Don't recall that...

Cranachan sounds like a good way to go... I'll post the judging criteria tomorrow.

Down under here I grew up with it for brekky every day. It's called weet bix here and ran by sanitarium a church based no tax company. We had it with milk from a bottle that had cream on the top 2 inches. I was always first to get the cream for my weet bix. Now there's milk with no cream in it. I havnt eaten weet bix in years. I prefer every now and then skippy corn flakes, with fruit and full cream on it.

Russ

We have a shop here that sells British goods, they tried to import weeta bix here, but sanitarium took a court order to stop them. The small guy spent thousands trying to fight it. Most people here hate sanitarium.

Russ

I've never had it. I did an image search, thinking it may be like Shredded Wheat in the US, but it doesn't look the same at all. :scratchhead:

CD

I've never had it. I did an image search, thinking it may be like Shredded Wheat in the US, but it doesn't look the same at all. :scratchhead:

CD
I don't know if you've ever seen the old-style shredded wheat - not the spoon-sized stuff, but the kind that came individually wrapped in white paper inside the box, about the size of a frozen supermarket burrito. They're more like that (though they do have spoon-sized now as well).

My brother used to joke, out of earshot of my parents, that they were made by Kotex, because of their resemblance (while still wrapped) to a Kotex maxi-pad! :laugh:

Here are the (basic) rules & judging criteria. Full copy of the T&Cs can be found here:

UK & NI only
Log onto your Instagram account (or create one for free) and upload your photo of your Weetabix bowl and recipe ingredients the hashtag #AnyWhichWayABix to be entered into the promotion. Entries without hashtags will not be accepted. Do not tag any other third-party companies or brands;
or
Log onto your Facebook account (or create one for free), then post your photo of your Weetabix bowl and recipe ingredients in the comments underneath Weetabix UK’s Facebook pinned promotional post to be entered into the promotion. Do not tag any other third-party companies or brands.
Entering the same photo and recipe ingredients on both channels is not permitted, only one entry will be counted.

Winner Selection: Entries will be judged and scored on the following criteria:
• Most creative ingredients
• Most original recipe
• Most mouth-watering combination
• A healthy balance of toppings and flavours

Each of these four categories counts for a quarter of the final score for a recipe. Once all recipes have been individually judged, the top 350 ranked recipes will enter a second round of judging by a panel of 3 judges (a representative from Weetabix, the promotional agency and an independent party) to determine the winner and 19 runners up, plus reserves.

There is no cap on the number of Instagram or Facebook entries per person during the Promotional Period, however duplicate entries submitted by the same Participant will only be judged once. Only one recipe per person will be published in the recipe book. Should there be more than one winning recipe from one Participant, only their highest scoring entry will be selected for the book. This place will be filled by the next highest scoring recipe from the remaining Participants. Entries (bulk or otherwise) made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted.

Well - maybe you don't like Weetabix at all - but if you do, tell us how you eat it. In the UK, the promotion 'Any-Which-Way-A-Bix' invites photographs of favourite ways to eat the cereal. Since the prize for the 'best' is £10,000, I thought it worth a punt to make a few entries. So any innovative ideas are welcome! The most obvious way is topped with fruit or nuts, as illustrated on the promo pack.

Why be normal? I'm thinking pan fried in bacon fat, smothered with sausage gravy and topped with a runny egg. Send a few quid my way if you win. :highfive:

CD

Back
Top Bottom