How is the corona virus affecting you?

And without wishing to sound too miserabalist, malaria has been around for a very, very long time and nobody has ever come up with a vaccine. Sure enough, there are anti-malarial drugs and better treatments these days, but what there isn't is a vaccine.

And without wishing to sound too miserabalist, malaria has been around for a very, very long time and nobody has ever come up with a vaccine. Sure enough, there are anti-malarial drugs and better treatments these days, but what there isn't is a vaccine.
I have an hypothesis for the reasons why, but it would be too polemic.

Last edited:

The latest wonderstuff from our government of no talents.

You can't go for a walk with a group of friends, no matter how well you observe social distancing. However, if you go out with the same people and wander across some moorland carrying shotguns, this is no problem because grouse shooting is fine.

I just got this email from the principal of my son’s school. Needless to say, we’re pulling him out and trying to make arrangements for remote education:

Dear Parents,

The Macomb County Health Department (MCHD) has identified a confirmed case of coronavirus (COVID- 19) in a student/staff person at L’Anse Creuse High School. The MCHD and L’Anse Creuse High School have worked closely to identify persons who may have been exposed. If your child was identified as a close contact, you have already received notification from building administration. All close contact individuals have been identified and contacted by High School Administration. We will continue to keep you informed. If you have not been contacted this evening, your student was not in close contact and should continue to attend school as normal. We are required by the MCHD to inform you of these cases.

The symptoms of COVID-19 can include: fever, cough, shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, runny or stuffy nose, loss of taste or smell, and abdominal pain.

As previously communicated to our families, it is extremely important that parents/guardians monitor their children closely and complete at-home screening each day, including a temperature check, prior to sending their child to school. Please notify the school if your child is exhibiting any symptoms and keep them home until you can see your healthcare provider.

If you have questions, feel free to contact us here at school. Additionally, you can contact the Macomb County Health Department Communicable Disease Program at (586) 783-8190.

Thanks for your continued support.

I just got this email from the principal of my son’s school. Needless to say, we’re pulling him out and trying to make arrangements for remote education:

Dear Parents,

The Macomb County Health Department (MCHD) has identified a confirmed case of coronavirus (COVID- 19) in a student/staff person at L’Anse Creuse High School. The MCHD and L’Anse Creuse High School have worked closely to identify persons who may have been exposed. If your child was identified as a close contact, you have already received notification from building administration. All close contact individuals have been identified and contacted by High School Administration. We will continue to keep you informed. If you have not been contacted this evening, your student was not in close contact and should continue to attend school as normal. We are required by the MCHD to inform you of these cases.

The symptoms of COVID-19 can include: fever, cough, shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, runny or stuffy nose, loss of taste or smell, and abdominal pain.

As previously communicated to our families, it is extremely important that parents/guardians monitor their children closely and complete at-home screening each day, including a temperature check, prior to sending their child to school. Please notify the school if your child is exhibiting any symptoms and keep them home until you can see your healthcare provider.

If you have questions, feel free to contact us here at school. Additionally, you can contact the Macomb County Health Department Communicable Disease Program at (586) 783-8190.

Thanks for your continued support.

Texas has 4,500 cases of Covid-19 in public schools since they reopened a few weeks ago.

Edit: Houston and Dallas School Districts have not reopened, yet. Those are the two largest school districts in Texas. So, 4,500 cases, not including Houston and Dallas. :ohmy:

CD

Last edited:
Three Covid-19 cases at my husband´s work place and quarantine measures for dozens of people. My husband is still "on the safe side" as the infection chain has been clarified and he hasn´t been in immediate contact with the affected. My family is not in quarantine but we are recommended to use masks when shopping. We have to avoid crowds and be careful not to be in contact with our elderly parents and neighbors. I shop groceries for a week at a time and live by the computer as I telecommute. We still have occasional dinners in the city and visit coffee shops etc. if they aren't crowded. There are clear markings and plexiglass covers everywhere. People follow safety measures obediently: a two meter distance in mostly kept between persons.

Back
Top Bottom