How is the corona virus affecting you?

I am back in voluntary lockdown for at least the coming two weeks. I can't risk getting infected with all my other health conditions and the situation now is dangerous.

It's getting rapidly out of hand here again, almost 2000 infections a day across the country. I am awaiting the second general lockdown.

Last edited:
We went to one of our local "Furniture Superstores" today. They are still requiring the wearing of masks, temperature monitoring and logging in and out. Some of the staff let their masks slip on occasions.

I am back in voluntary lockdown for at least the coming two weeks. I can't risk getting infected with all my other health conditions are the situation now is dangerous.

It's getting rapidly out of hand here again, almost 2000 infections a day across the country. I am awaiting the second general lockdown.

Your country didn't learn from my country's mistakes. You can never let your guard down, or Covid will bite you in the a$$.

CD

I am back in voluntary lockdown for at least the coming two weeks. I can't risk getting infected with all my other health conditions are the situation now is dangerous.

Similar to in the UK. Around 6000 new cases per day now, and the rates are doubling every three days. Useless government playing catch up again. Im really not looking forward to returning on Sunday night after the relative safety of Cyprus where the virus has pretty much been eradicated.

A reporter's question, and the Presidents response.

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 12.56.20 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 12.56.36 AM.jpg

CD

Similar to in the UK. Around 6000 new cases per day now, and the rates are doubling every three days. Useless government playing catch up again. Im really not looking forward to returning on Sunday night after the relative safety of Cyprus where the virus has pretty much been eradicated.

That could change. Never turn your back on Covid-19.

CD

I completely fail to see how a ten o'clock pub curfew is going to help. If anything, people will pack into pubs even more because of the shorter time available for drinking. And you can pretty much guarantee that lots of these places will simply lock the doors at ten and have a bunch of regulars drinking away until late.

Nicola Sturgeon, the Scottish First Minister, said yesterday that she would have preferred to close pubs, but was constrained by UK Government policy. We haven't been to a pub in ages and that isn't going to change any time soon.

Also very tiresome hearing Bozo attempting to sound Churchillian. The Guardian's John Crace described him as a "Poundland Churchill" which I thought rather generous. You can buy the odd useful thing in Poundland.

He (Bozo) also claimed that the increase in cases was down to the "British love of freedom," contrasting us with Italy and Germany. So the Italians and Germans don't believe in "freedom", then? This little effort managed to insult Italians, Germans and indeed Brits. The "freedom-loving" bit was essentially a backhanded compliment, with the implication that the increase in cases was down to the people and, of course, nothing to do with the Government's perpetual mishandling of the situation.

Back
Top Bottom