How is the corona virus affecting you?

For my April holiday I was torn between the Seychelles and Wales (similar places, I know!). I really wanted to visit Hay-on-Wye but in the end I decided I needed a beach holiday. I ended up not going anywhere though :happy:
Love Wales as I do (I'm about 15 mins from the border) I could not imagine choosing it over the Seychelles as a holiday destination!

At the first surge, Texas banned all elective surgeries. Necessary surgeries only. My dad had to wait a couple of months to get his cataract surgery, but that is something that can wait. Cancer surgery can't wait, so that was allowed. Right now, there are no restrictions on surgeries.

A lot of doctors here have been using tele-pointments online to treat patients with non life threatening illnesses. I've done a few, and for me, they have worked out fine.

CD
My wife had an eye consult - via the phone :laugh:

Thank you epicuric. This is making me rethink my plans about going to the theater and eating out. But I have an issue with my leg, I teared my calf muscle 2 years ago and it's giving me cramps lately, so I'm back and forth between the doctor and the medical center and because I don't drive I take public transports everywhere, I'm already out there.

I reckon if I was your age I'd be going out too. I'm ultra careful because I'm old and have a heart issue. I dread to think what might happen if I caught the virus. You are young and unless you have a compromised immune system or underling health conditions, you would probably be OK if you contracted the virus. Not that I'm saying you should take risks. Just stay safe as you can wherever you go.

I fully understand you Morning Glory. My only concern is my grandma but she's not social isolating so I think it's useless I try to protect her by social isolating myself. Hope you and your family stay safe during these times.

I reckon if I was your age I'd be going out too. I'm ultra careful because I'm old and have a heart issue. I dread to think what might happen if I caught the virus. You are young and unless you have a compromised immune system or underling health conditions, you would probably be OK if you contracted the virus. Not that I'm saying you should take risks. Just stay safe as you can wherever you go.

Rooting for you I am. Hope you'll stay safe.

Rooting for you I am. Hope you'll stay safe.

Thanks. I should be OK. I rarely go out and never go to any shops. My partner walks in the open air every day but socially distances everyone by 2 metres. My kids who live locally do not come in the house and we stay 2 metres apart if they come to the door. I disinfect all the delivered shopping - though there is scant evidence it makes any difference.

Normally a couple of weeks before Christmas we go onto town to buy a shirt for my brother, Hotel Chocolat pressies for TVC's family, we go up on 27th December for a family gathering and take samosas.
TVC's family are mostly up north, a few down south and those inbetween, with the restrictions in place I doubt they will be 'allowed' to have over 20 people from around the country in their house where distancing will be impossible. Just have to wait and see.

I reckon if I was your age I'd be going out too.
I think I'd be acting pretty much the same as I am now, just because I don't want to get sick, period.

I've never had the flu in my entire life (that I'm aware of), and since I started working from home the majority of the time (since maybe 2008), I rarely get a cold anymore. Where I used to get a cold two or three times a year and think of them as pretty much unavoidable, now I know better, and I take care not to get sick if I can help it.

On top of that, there are plenty of cases of younger people getting Covid and still having a rough time of it, there's no guarantee that a person of, say, 25 is going to just get a mild case, feel like crap for three days, then bounce right back.

My friend who had it...she's not terribly young, mid-40's, and it took a good month before she felt sort of normal again...but then all her hair fell out and she still hasn't gotten her sense of taste back yet, and it's been a few months now. Her freaking hair fell out, and the doc said, "Yep, that's one of the side effects some people are reporting."

What kind of flu makes your <bleeping> hair fall out?! No, thanks!

Normally a couple of weeks before Christmas we go onto town to buy a shirt for my brother, Hotel Chocolat pressies for TVC's family, we go up on 27th December for a family gathering and take samosas.
TVC's family are mostly up north, a few down south and those inbetween, with the restrictions in place I doubt they will be 'allowed' to have over 20 people from around the country in their house where distancing will be impossible. Just have to wait and see.

I wouldn't go to a gathering of "over 20 people from around the country in their house where distancing will be impossible." Scroll back to the video I posted of the man who had a superspreader pool party.

CD

Good news! Our President informed us yesterday at his Iowa Rally, where few wore masks and there was no social distancing, that the pandemic is almost over, and that we should open everything up and go back to normal. :woot:

CD

I think I'd be acting pretty much the same as I am now, just because I don't want to get sick, period.

I've never had the flu in my entire life (that I'm aware of), and since I started working from home the majority of the time (since maybe 2008), I rarely get a cold anymore. Where I used to get a cold two or three times a year and think of them as pretty much unavoidable, now I know better, and I take care not to get sick if I can help it.

On top of that, there are plenty of cases of younger people getting Covid and still having a rough time of it, there's no guarantee that a person of, say, 25 is going to just get a mild case, feel like crap for three days, then bounce right back.

My friend who had it...she's not terribly young, mid-40's, and it took a good month before she felt sort of normal again...but then all her hair fell out and she still hasn't gotten her sense of taste back yet, and it's been a few months now. Her freaking hair fell out, and the doc said, "Yep, that's one of the side effects some people are reporting."

What kind of flu makes your <bleeping> hair fall out?! No, thanks!
I was talking to a guy today who's wife had the virus a few weeks ago. Her case was only mild, and she has recovered from most of the systems apart from still having difficulty breathing. She has been told it may be a long term thing. I don't understand how people cannot take this virus seriously.

Back
Top Bottom