How is the corona virus affecting you?

Don't get me started, celebrity politics is a joke. She was told to,close our borders three weeks earlier, more luck than management. People breaking out , and in, under guards noses. I'm not happy today.lol.

Russ
Let's face it Russ, the lovely Miss Ardern could turn up on your doorstep, stark b*llock naked, dangling the keys to a brand new V8 monster truck, the paperwork for your knighthood and a lifetime supply of Earl Grey and bikkies, and you would still find fault in her. :laugh:

This has been installed at our local Tesco-Lotus and probably other TL stores also.

You need to look into the "screen" and it takes your temperature and detects whether you are wearing a mask before it will open the gates.

Believe it or not but don't forget that you heard it here first!

View attachment 48476
Great Idea, I bet it can also be set to restrict shopper numbers

Well in places like the UK people with bowel conditions like me have a government issued public toilet key and other accesibility options indeed. However, here in NL such things don't exist. This country is known as one of the worst in terms of disabled accesability, so I very much doubt something like a badge for people with pre existing conditions would be realised. Patient organisations here have lobbied for years for example for an easy acces card for public toilets, but they are constantly denied as well.

So I would hope you are right, but I wouldn't have too much faith in it. People without disabilities often underestimate how difficult such systems can be to navigate or turn around.
Possibly because of the war. Croatians take the disabled very seriously. Where we lived on Znjan beach. There is a disabled car park with a gradual ramp down to a concrete plat form. Further ramps lead to an undersea platform at a depth of 1 metre so the disabled can exit the wheel chair and swim or just sit in the water. For the more adventurous there is a "bosuns Chair" lift with hand controls that carry the person from the platform into deeper water. I saw a guy with no legs but tremendous upper body strength use it on his own. When he was in the water he swam like an Olympian.
1603000902997.png

I've always had private medical but my family all used it, never me,lol. I support government that act for the people, all people. I like everything big, cars etc , compared to most here. I worked two jobs to get started. I have everything I need now. Comfortable. I left school at 14. But I was in the top echelon of intelligent class room though. The top class studied French and German. I'm self taught at everything. I have a friend with fibromyalgia and on a benefit long time, I don't begrudge her, she needs a hand up. I paid taxes all my life for everyone to,get free health and schooling. My daughter is the first to have a degree in three generations.

You never answered my question about trump supporters, did that sum up his supporters. ? Just something I was told.

Russ
Left school at 15 yrs 6 months. I could read but not write ( I still get mixed up) I think I did okay. I retired from formal business involvement at 55yrs nearly 15 yrs ago. I paid and still pay taxes on income. in the UK. I like you believe it is a social responsibility. You are a good man Russ.

When I was a teen, my dad want me to affiliate with a political party so I could meet people who'd get me a nice, high paying job in a government organization. One day he said: "Maybe don't bother the way you are you're gonna end up in the communist party and they don't get any of the good jobs" :D

When I was a teen, my dad want me to affiliate with a political party so I could meet people who'd get me a nice, high paying job in a government organization. One day he said: "Maybe don't bother the way you are you're gonna end up in the communist party and they don't get any of the good jobs" :D
I had a good friend who came to the UK to escape conscription. He returned in 74 to join the MFA. I visited him in 75. I thought I was hard left till I met his Anarchist friends.

I had a good friend who came to the UK to escape conscription. He returned in 74 to join the MFA. I visited him in 75. I thought I was hard left till I met his Anarchist friends.
The Revolution in Portugal was considered quite clean and peaceful, but all revolutions are nasty. Before you could be jailed for doing anything that seemed against the government, after you could jailed if you were in any way even remotely associated to the former government. My parents were living in Angola and Mozambique at that time so they didn't live any of that, but when the colonial war started things got nasty for them.

For what my thoughts are worth from this distance, Ardern strikes me as a fundamentally decent human being, which is a great deal more than we can say about most heads of state in the world. Meanwhile, Trump continues his bid to turn the whole of Scotland into a giant golf course. Pah.

Let's face it Russ, the lovely Miss Ardern could turn up on your doorstep, stark b*llock naked, dangling the keys to a brand new V8 monster truck, the paperwork for your knighthood and a lifetime supply of Earl Grey and bikkies, and you would still find fault in her. :laugh:
Russ would toss her in the back of the truck, drive her out to the middle of nowhere and drop her, then back home for a cuppa and a biscuit (or two). :)

And being a knight, he'd do the chivalrous thing and cover her in a blanket first.

I can't even watch her on tv, I mute her. And I wouldn't touch her with yours. :)

Russ

Left school at 15 yrs 6 months. I could read but not write ( I still get mixed up) I think I did okay. I retired from formal business involvement at 55yrs nearly 15 yrs ago. I paid and still pay taxes on income. in the UK. I like you believe it is a social responsibility. You are a good man Russ.

I like to think I am as well, never been on a benefit or out of work my whole life. When I say "lazy" that casey clicked on, I meant lazy as in I grew up with a family, the loves, he was laid off when I was in my teens, he was around 40, he chose to stay on a benefit. The dole, unemployment. I still shop where I grew up and see his grandkids on the same benefits. Third generation. To me it's criminal. My kids are all achievers, a teacher and a business development manager. He learnt from me. He's on obscene money but worth every cent because he has good people skills. I've never met anyone that has a bad word from them. I think if you achieve better than you had growing up, you have done well. My best friend growing up had a father who worked for himself as a sparky. My friend had everything growing up where I had nothing. I always wanted what he had, so I set out to get it., goals have always been set by myself. Btw my priveliged friend growing up is also a sparky, but achieved not a lot. Just got married recently and has two young girls. He's my age 63.

Russ

For what my thoughts are worth from this distance, Ardern strikes me as a fundamentally decent human being, which is a great deal more than we can say about most heads of state in the world. Meanwhile, Trump continues his bid to turn the whole of Scotland into a giant golf course. Pah.
She says a lot, achieves little, when covid hit the government paid 18 million to an advertising agency to come up with slogans, that's where "team of 5 million" " be kind" came from. The world see her as you do. An Australian journo did a good article about her achieving nothing. Good article. Btw the government forked out 50 million to the media to bail them out when covid hit. You could say it was bribe money, if you were cynical. Lmao.

Russ

I like to think I am as well, never been on a benefit or out of work my whole life. When I say "lazy" that casey clicked on, I meant lazy as in I grew up with a family, the loves, he was laid off when I was in my teens, he was around 40, he chose to stay on a benefit. The dole, unemployment. I still shop where I grew up and see his grandkids on the same benefits. Third generation. To me it's criminal. My kids are all achievers, a teacher and a business development manager. He learnt from me. He's on obscene money but worth every cent because he has good people skills. I've never met anyone that has a bad word from them. I think if you achieve better than you had growing up, you have done well. My best friend growing up had a father who worked for himself as a sparky. My friend had everything growing up where I had nothing. I always wanted what he had, so I set out to get it., goals have always been set by myself. Btw my priveliged friend growing up is also a sparky, but achieved not a lot. Just got married recently and has two young girls. He's my age 63.

Russ

More than 90 percent of the benefit dollars that US entitlement and other mandatory programs spend go to assist people who are elderly, seriously disabled, or members of working households — not to able-bodied, working-age Americans who choose not to work.

The US federal minimum wage was last raised on July 24, 2009, when it rose from $6.55 to $7.25 per hour, the last step of a three-step increase approved by Congress in 2007. Before 2007, the minimum wage had been stuck at $5.15 per hour for 10 years.

Some states have raised their minimum wages to higher amounts, but they are generally states with high costs of living. So, it's a wash.

My belief is that if someone is willing to work 40-hours a week, they should be able to afford the basic necessities -- food, shelter, clothing and health care. You barely do that on $10 and hour, let alone $7.25.

CD

Back
Top Bottom