How is the corona virus affecting you?

The clown who runs the grotty pub near where we live has evidently just had his wrist slapped by the local council. Not before time, in my estimation. Their cavalier attitude to any form of regulation is farcical. They broke the rules by slyly opening during lockdown and they've been breaking the rules since, staying open late and quite obviously serving drinks inside when they're only supposed to do so outdoors. They've been staying open well after the ten o'clock limit.

Frankly, I'm amazed there hasn't been a Covid outbreak there. I wouldn't go near the place even in normal times. In general, I hate to see pubs close down, but I'd definitely make an exception for this dump.

Rang my friend to organise a drink and bet session this arvo. His wife who has a cold was tested for covid. She works at customs, a stones throw from the hotel where fishermen are staying. Because she has been tested her husband also is being tested. He's isolating for 12 days. I'm all good today.

Russ

We visited two D.I.Y. Superstores yesterday and the Covid-19 restrictions were still in place (although a little laxly enforced):

Masks required in store, sign in and out, temperature monitoring and hand santiser prior to entry

A massive spike yesterday. The Uber driver taking us home is a very nice guy who speaks English, usually I sit in the front talking about his fav footy club L/Pool. He asked to sit in the back even though we were wearing masks as required by law. The new law requires this, he would be fined about £30 if we broke it.
In the past 24 hours, 1,563 new cases were recorded, so the number of currently ill (active cases) in Croatia today is 7,380. Among them, 661 patients are in hospital, of which 46 are on a respirator. In the past 24 hours, 6,874 people were tested.
Službena stranica Vlade za pravodobne i točne informacije o koronavirusu

We visited two D.I.Y. Superstores yesterday and the Covid-19 restrictions were still in place (although a little laxly enforced):

Masks required in store, sign in and out, temperature monitoring and hand santiser prior to entry

Mask rules are being followed quite well where I live, but again, I live in a well educated community. Temperature taking is only at Doctor's offices and government offices.

How is the turmoil in Bangkok effecting things where you live?

CD

Numbers are exploding here, seeing the highest daily infection rates so far. The county where I normally work is set to go to stage purple, which is the most serious one, denoting that folks should leave their houses only for emergencies. All the surrounding counties around me are one below that, stage red, though my county is one below that, stage orange, which is the highest we've ever reach. I think, judging from the locals, stage orange must mean, "Do what you like, but try and get a mask somewhere near your face. Or not." :laugh:

With the holidays coming up, the experts here are predicting the next 3-4 months are going to be brutal. People simply will not take precautions around family, even if that family live hours away and are traveling for the holidays. We were just invited to someone's house for Thanksgiving, which was nice, but our response was, "Um, no."

It was nice to be invited, but going to a house full of people from four different areas of the country...no, thanks.

We were going to see our friends for a walk for the first time this year (a walk seemed safest) but they said they were coughing this morning and are going to get tested, so no visit after all. We did manage to see my husbands mother for the first time in 6 weeks. She had me a lovely present, a Turkish cook book (she works as a translator) and lovely hand painted arabic dishes to serve food in. I feel very spoiled.

Yesterday our country hit the record mark of 10.000 infections in a day.. I am staying in and sheltering furthermore as long as this lasts. Full lockdown is expected soon.

Back
Top Bottom