How is the corona virus affecting you?

What's happening out here are people that tested positive, keep going to various other testing locations and retesting and retesting. All those positive retests are recorded as new cases.

I tested last Wednesday and got a positive on Friday (2 days later). I've had three prior tests (required by my various doctors prior to procedures) which were all negative. I have to quarantine but I do NOT have to retest after that. I will have to do another test prior to the outpatient surgery that was cancelled for Friday but expect it to be negative by that time (they require 20 days between a positive and the next appointment).

I'm in Chicago, IL (USA) and it costs $300 per test if you are uninsured and your doctor didn't order the test. I have been asymptomatic the whole time (minus a slight sinus congestion which I get every Autumn) so I wouldn't have tested had it not been required.

What's happening out here are people that tested positive, keep going to various other testing locations and retesting and retesting. All those positive retests are recorded as new cases.

That shouldn't happen, as everything is tied to a person's date of birth (in the US). I would think organizations, such as Johns Hopkins University, would have that built into their tracking systems.

And, why would someone want to have that swab stuck up their nose till it hits the back of their head more than once? :scratchhead:

CD

That shouldn't happen, as everything is tied to a person's date of birth (in the US). I would think organizations, such as Johns Hopkins University, would have that built into their tracking systems.

And, why would someone want to have that swab stuck up their nose till it hits the back of their head more than once? :scratchhead:

CD
It's happening. Most people remain anonymous. It's the law in Calif.
Maybe to get the numbers up to make a certain politician look bad.
Damfino. We're hearing it from reliable people, directly involved.

I can't find anything supporting that premise. Do you have some names? Some sources?

All the information I was able to find with a few web searches said just the opposite -- more than one positive test from one person is treated as one confirmed case.

CD

They asked for my ID and to confirm my DOB when I showed up to test. I tested positive this past Friday. The doctor that was to perform an outpatient surgery called me directly to tell me about the results. Within a few hours I received a call from the Health Department in my county. I don't see how the tests can be anonymous. Maybe it's different in different places but I've been tested four times now and it's always been the same process.

Sorry but that sounds rather like conspiracy theory to me - there doesn't seem to be any evidence of it.

From what I can tell according to California law the contract tracing part is anonymous....ie. if you're contacted by the contact tracers they will not tell you who it was you were in contact with, only that you were in contact with someone. But that's exactly the same in other countries too, and actually the CPRA/CCPA regulations tend not to be as strict as GDPR rules we work under here in Europe.

A story indicative of our times. My friend Susie was asked by a former student from Newcastle University for a reference. She was more than happy to oblige. The ex-student, a talented young man who had graduated with a first in history, had applied for more than 100 jobs. A little while later, he emailed Susie to tell her that he had got the job and to thank her for the reference.

The job? Packing groceries at the distribution centre of a large supermarket.

Thank you Lullabelle. Yes, I have everything I need at the moment. My caregiver went to the grocery and pharmacy for me yesterday. She's an angel. Hugs back to you! :hug:

P.S. I've been meaning to tell you that I remember a woman that was the niece of our next door neighbor when we were growing up. Her name was Lullabelle. She was so sweet and would come babysit for us sometimes. She LOVED Hershey's with almonds and would sneak some to my sister and me. I think of her every time I see your name. ;-)

Thank you :)

The nick-name was given to me by a colleague who used to work with us, she is a lovely lady, generous and funny so I am happy to keep it.

I tested last Wednesday and got a positive on Friday (2 days later). I've had three prior tests (required by my various doctors prior to procedures) which were all negative. I have to quarantine but I do NOT have to retest after that. I will have to do another test prior to the outpatient surgery that was cancelled for Friday but expect it to be negative by that time (they require 20 days between a positive and the next appointment).

I'm in Chicago, IL (USA) and it costs $300 per test if you are uninsured and your doctor didn't order the test. I have been asymptomatic the whole time (minus a slight sinus congestion which I get every Autumn) so I wouldn't have tested had it not been required.

I need to clarify my post (above) because it's been rated with "sad or sorry". I have insurance now so I didn't have to pay for my tests. I wouldn't have had to pay regardless because my various doctors requested them. The $300 cost is for someone walking in off the street just wanting to be tested at our local hospital.

Sorry it was confusing before.

I can't find anything supporting that premise. Do you have some names? Some sources?

All the information I was able to find with a few web searches said just the opposite -- more than one positive test from one person is treated as one confirmed case.

CD
My wife works at the largest medical center in the Southwest.
Almost 1000 RN’s.
They have had no COVID cases. Read that: None.

Also Elon Musk just hit the news this morning that he took 4 tests in one day and had different results.
He just today took an additional 2 more.

I took the test and was givin a phone number to call and patient #B1985 to find my result. They had no clue who I was.

Wife is connected with other RNs at medical facilities from here to NOLA and they concur with my take. Multi testing is cooking the numbers.

If a patient dies of something else and they check the “other” box and write in COVID the hospital gets almost $1300 from the Feds.

Add the all too common multi false positives and the numbers are boiling.

“Cooked” and “boiling” I’m staying within the premise of the Forum even though it’s numbers not food.
Flame away.

I digress.

Last edited:
At work yesterday a delivery driver parked outside the factory, walked straight in, used the toilet, then went back out to his van. Production manager went after him and gave him a ticking off, took a picture of his number plate and is looking to report him. Had he knocked on the office door and asked to use the loo then fine we would have said yes. As things are we have to monitor people who come in through the door, he is a complete stranger..naughty.

Almost 1000 RN’s.

Also Elon Musk just hit the news this morning that he took 4 tests in one day and had different results.

I took the test and was givin a phone number to call and patient #B1985 to find my result. They had no clue who I was.

Wife is connected with other RNs at medical facilities from here to NOLA and they concur with my take. Multi testing is cooking the numbers.

If a patient dies of something else and they check the “other” box and write in COVID the hospital gets almost $1300 from the Feds.

“Cooked” and “boiling” I’m staying within the premise of the Forum even though it’s numbers not food.
Flame away.

I digress.

I am a Covid19 survivor.

I first had the virus in February, 2020, just as it was beginning the spread in the US. I knew I had it, the symptoms were not like anything I had ever experienced before, and reported it. I was asked if I had recently traveled overseas or whether I had been in contact with somebody who was known to have the virus. I had to answer no to both questions and having done so, they dismissed my report with no further ado. I was told to go about my business and routine as normal. I was wise enough to quarantine myself, until the symptoms ameliorated and went away, about 7 days. This all occurred back when the CDC was in the incompetent business of making face mask and respirator deals and tracking using some antiquated system that a bunch of them in committee with a free lunch came up with.

People had begun at that time, to report similar symptoms to what I had experienced.

What was it like? I did not have a respiratory infection. It was gastro-intestinal (which was another thing under contention, as it was assumed that COVID-19 was purely respiratory in nature). The major symptoms were from an extreme immune response, what they call a Cytokene response. This resulted in massive muscle aches, extreme weakness and fatigue. There was some diarrhea due to the gastro nature of my infection.

The gastro-intestinal path of infection is now more clearly recognized and they began turning up proof that people had been dying of the virus much earlier in my area than had been known, through autopsies.

It has also been found that the paths for infection were not so clear as there were asymptomatic carriers involved. But it should have been recognized, early on, that people had been traveling through Wuhan and coming back to the US via a number of pathways and for nearly 2 to 3 months beforehand. That was not considered. All concentration was on cruise ships and the case up in Washington State which produced the first recognized death.

The point is that the people running the CDC are in fact, people. They have the same idiotic tendencies to be egotistical and know it all, while not knowing anything. They are political and take a hand in deal making. They are closed minded and not open to listening to the patient, like some doctors are not. Thankfully, other organizations took a hand in the process and helped to clean up the mess, but unfortunately, too late.

The CDC's behavior is scarey, considering what they are managing, deadly infectious diseases.

Almost 1000 RN’s.

Flame away.

I digress.

No flames! We are better than that at Cooking Bites. We respectfully disagree.

My sister is an RN in a large hospital in Houston. She actually performs Covid-19 swab testing. I have run all the rumors by her, and she hasn't seen that kind of stuff happening. BTW, she's been an RN for 38 years, so she has seen just about everything.

The kind of conspiracy to inflate numbers to hurt certain politicians would require the participation of tens of thousands of medical professionals. That's too many players to get on the same game plan -- and keep there.

CD

No flames! We are better than that at Cooking Bites. We respectfully disagree.

Mod.Comment:
Quite right. I think we need to do just that. I'm sure we could debate the veracity or otherwise of COVID statistics ad infinitum, based on personal testimonies from all manner of health professionals we know. We are not likely to reach a watertight conclusion. Please can we draw a line under this debate.

Back
Top Bottom