How is the corona virus affecting you?

My parents, 88 and 86 years old have had their first shots, and my dad has had no side effects. My mom rolled over in bed onto the shot arm, and arm pain got her attention, but that was the only side effect it has had on her. Same with my sister -- just arm pain from getting the shot. I hope mine goes that way, but I'm willing to go through more side effects to do my part in eradicating this &*%$ virus.

CD
Paracetamol works wonders, I hope you breeze through it.

I worked on a report a little while ago. A mid-60s year old man whose job brings him into contact with a lot of people, directly and indirectly. Felt really, really bad, but kept working and kept feeling worse. Finally, after nearly a week since experiencing first symptoms, he decides to get a COVID test. Guess what, he tested positive. Now, a little over a week later, he is being admitted to hospital with COVID related pneumonia, pulmonary embolisms, and a heart attack. Wonder how many people he infected along the way? He's actually improving from the pneumonia at this point BTW. They are giving him remdesivir anyway though, but no more antibiotics as he got them after he was diagnosed.

We've been in lockdown since December, and are staying in lockdown till May at least..

As for vaccines, our goverment has managed one million since january, on a population of nearly 18 million. Priority is based on age, and some medical conditions. I have a priority condition, but am young and at this speed I'm not getting a vaccine anywhere in the near future. Might probably be happy if I get a vaccine somewhere in december this way. It's just frustrating me to no end. It's all taking much too long and a third wave is coming. I survived this far but how many chances does one have to evade the virus?

The US is up to about 2.5 million doses per day, now that we have competent leadership in the White House. The J&J vaccine (which Merck is going to produce along side J&J) will add more capacity. I will be eligible starting Monday. That doesn't mean I'll get one next week. You get on lists, and when they run out of doses, they run out, and you get back on the next list.

With a population of 330-million people, it is going to take awhile to get everyone vaccinated.

CD

Reactions: mjd
We've been in lockdown since December, and are staying in lockdown till May at least..

As for vaccines, our goverment has managed one million since january, on a population of nearly 18 million. Priority is based on age, and some medical conditions. I have a priority condition, but am young and at this speed I'm not getting a vaccine anywhere in the near future. Might probably be happy if I get a vaccine somewhere in december this way. It's just frustrating me to no end. It's all taking much too long and a third wave is coming. I survived this far but how many chances does one have to evade the virus?
One million? That is a disgrace, in Britain we are doing that every three days. I hope things improve for The Netherlands very soon.

One million? That is a disgrace, in Britain we are doing that every three days. I hope things improve for The Netherlands very soon.
Unfortunately, the Netherlands has been pretty disgraceful all over and is doing the worst in Europe currently being at the bottom of the vaccinated population list.
Meanwhile the government refuses plainly to speed things up, or even use the army that has offered to volunteer to help..

Unfortunately, the Netherlands has been pretty disgraceful all over and is doing the worst in Europe currently being at the bottom of the vaccinated population list.
Meanwhile the government refuses plainly to speed things up, or even use the army that has offered to volunteer to help..
By contrast in the UK the Government tasked the Army with setting up the vaccination centres and organising all the logistics. An excellent decision which has born huge benefits for us.

By contrast in the UK the Government tasked the Army with setting up the vaccination centres and organising all the logistics. An excellent decision which has born huge benefits for us.
Our goverment does't want to admit it's failed with it's vaccination strategy so tells us to shut up and wait our turn instead..

There are elections next week, hope this doesn't lead to a worse kind of chaos on top of it all

• Wow
Reactions: mjd
It's a shame the media doesn't give the Government more credit for what's been achieved with the vaccine programme. Same with the ventilator programme.

He declined to participate in the PSA but put out that memo. He also claims that he and Melania got their vaccinations in January before they left the WH. A study showed he has a definite impact on how his supporters perceive the vaccination.

New study finds Trump's tweets intensify anti-vaccine attitudes among his supporters

Our goverment does't want to admit it's failed with it's vaccination strategy so tells us to shut up and wait our turn instead..

There are elections next week, hope this doesn't lead to a worse kind of chaos on top of it all
Are the elections liable to produce a definitive result or will there be more delay and lack of clarity whilst a coalition government is put together?

MrsT getting the shot:

Back
Top Bottom