How is the corona virus affecting you?

Vaccines opening in Ohio for 50 and over starting Thursday.

It is still 65 here, and I don't meet the high risk qualifications. So, I guess I wait.

But, in two days, all Covid restrictions are over. No masks, and bars and restaurants open to 100-percent capacity. Woohoo!

Luckily, most retailers will still require masks. No word yet on what restaurants plan to do.

CD

It is still 65 here, and I don't meet the high risk qualifications. So, I guess I wait.

But, in two days, all Covid restrictions are over. No masks, and bars and restaurants open to 100-percent capacity. Woohoo!

Luckily, most retailers will still require masks. No word yet on what restaurants plan to do.

CD
I hope you can get one soon. The downside to our eligibility being dropped to 50...we have vaccines sitting around not being used because so many people over 60 here (the current eligibility level) who aren't getting the vaccine, for one reason or another. The guv figured he may as well open it up to people who want to get it.

I hope you can get one soon. The downside to our eligibility being dropped to 50...we have vaccines sitting around not being used because so many people over 60 here (the current eligibility level) who aren't getting the vaccine, for one reason or another. The guv figured he may as well open it up to people who want to get it.

It is distributed county by county in Texas. Our county isn't getting enough. There was one county in East Texas that got way too many, and they put the word out that anyone who wanted them, come and get them. People drove 200 miles for them.

CD

71jXvZ8cbUL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg
Wearing this T shirt invites Flat Earthers wanting to debate me. I quickly change the subject to wrestlings real and we faked the moon landing.

From the Independent:

"I hope everyone remembers when they’re getting the Covid-19 (often referred to as the China Virus) vaccine, that if I wasn’t president, you wouldn’t be getting that beautiful ‘shot’ for 5 years, at best, and probably wouldn’t be getting it at all. I hope everyone remembers.”

My vaccine shot is certainly doing its stuff. I feel rotten, aching, fever, shivering. All signs that my immune system is learning and fighting off the intruder like it was the real thing. Several friends have had similar experiences and they were all better the following day, so I'm weirdly enjoying the pain because I know it means things are going right.

My vaccine shot is certainly doing its stuff. I feel rotten, aching, fever, shivering. All signs that my immune system is learning and fighting off the intruder like it was the real thing. Several friends have had similar experiences and they were all better the following day, so I'm weirdly enjoying the pain because I know it means things are going right.

I had no effect at all - I hope that doesn't mean it isn't working...

I had no effect at all - I hope that doesn't mean it isn't working...
It will be, just as a large proportion of people get asymptomatic Covid, many will have a benign response to the injection. There was a piece on the Sky News website the other day stating that research shows that peoole who had previously had Covid were three times more likely to experience strong side effects. That sort of makes sense, I've had Covid so I should have plenty of memory T cells out on patrol in my blood. Given that I started getting symptoms just 10 hours after the jab it seems like my body knew what to do with the threat and now my defences are getting further reinforced.

My parents, 88 and 86 years old have had their first shots, and my dad has had no side effects. My mom rolled over in bed onto the shot arm, and arm pain got her attention, but that was the only side effect it has had on her. Same with my sister -- just arm pain from getting the shot. I hope mine goes that way, but I'm willing to go through more side effects to do my part in eradicating this &*%$ virus.

CD

Back
Top Bottom