How is the corona virus affecting you?

The big reason for the shut downs out here were the hospitals are full. They can't handle more people getting sick.

Same here in many ways but also the sheer number of deaths amongst the elderly even when in hospital. Things are still shut down until April 12th at the earliest when pubs/restaurants may be able to serve people but only outside.

I was gobsmacked when I saw about Texas on the news this morning, it's like the Governor wants more people to die. Just as evidence from around the World is showing that safety is just a matter of weeks away and all we have to do is hold our nerve.
Mississippi is lifting their mask mandate too. I think both are a bit premature considering they've found variants in a few states. I wonder how long it will take for it to reach all the states.

A couple of states here are dropping mask requirements and opening back up:

Texas and Mississippi to lift mask mandates and roll back Covid restrictions

Yes, it's true. However, some companies are keeping mask requirements in place, which means more employees will get yelled at, beat up, and possibly shot, like before the State mandate, for trying to enforce company mask rules. I have no doubt that members of the Trump Cult will be going to these stores to intentionally challenge (bully) employees.

Leading US grocery chains, pharmacies, retailers and auto manufacturers, including Target(TGT), Kroger (KR), CVS (CVS), Walgreens (WBA), Best Buy (BBY), Macy's (M) JCPenney (JCP), Toyota (TM), GM (GM) and others, say they will continue to require mask wearing at their stores and facilities by both employees and customers.

Hey LateNightGourmet, is Ford also continuing mask policies in Texas?

This effects me because I'm going to have to stay at home even more now. At the least, I'm going to double mask, to make up for the mask some other person isn't wearing. Double masking has been found to be VERY effective at stopping the transmission of the virus. It is also harder to breath through.

CD

Scary stuff, but nothing scares me more than Brazil.

"Brazil is an open-air laboratory for the virus to proliferate and eventually create more lethal mutations."
- Miguel Nicolelis, Brazilian neuroscientist

One particularly nasty variant from Manaus has already produced six known cases in the UK. Who knows how many others there may be? And who knows what other variants have developed in Brazil and are making their way around the world? Bolsonaro continues to shrug his shoulders while barely 3% of the population have been vaccinated.

News today that there are less than half the number of Covid patients in Leicester hospitals now than there were a month ago.

Meanwhile Italy has blocked a shipment of Astra Zenica vaccine bound for Australia, a dangerous game to start given that Europe at some point is going to want some of the 2 billion doses being manufactured in India.

40% of UK adults have now been done at least once

Update, local figures show that in my county of Leicestershire the vaccination rate is now 50%, and the news is that locally over 55s are now being invited for the jab. I'm in the next group, so perhaps by the end of this month I too will have had an arm full of the good stuff.:woot:

Last edited:
One down, one to go! Stoked!
20210306_134232.jpg

Back
Top Bottom