How is the corona virus affecting you?

The microchips theory is also very amusing. It is usually believed in by the same folks who are heavy social media users :D

This is my favorite dumb rumor about the vaccine. As I understand it, the smallest nanotechnology is still much too large to be injected through an opening as tiny as the end of a needle.

I am still amazed at how many people are willing to believe this nonsense. We still need ~80% coverage for the vaccine to be effective, so I'm hoping the world is only 20% stupid.

There are those who insist that:
The vaccines contain pork products
The vaccines are made from human embryo material
The vaccines contain microchips so that the government can track you
The vaccines make you sterile

The first one is possibly the worst because it is specifically spread to dissuade Muslims from having the jab.

Covid: Fake news 'causing UK South Asians to reject jab'
Thanks for expounding on that. I've been reading and watching things and I've seen some stuff that is quite concerning but had not heard about the pork conspiracy theory.

This is my favorite dumb rumor about the vaccine. As I understand it, the smallest nanotechnology is still much too large to be injected through an opening as tiny as the end of a needle.

I am still amazed at how many people are willing to believe this nonsense. We still need ~80% coverage for the vaccine to be effective, so I'm hoping the world is only 20% stupid.
The microchip theory seems to be mostly accepted by those whose lives are so dull there is no possible way any government would be interested in what they are doing.

See also those who take to twitter, facebook and youtube to complain about big tech.

Thanks for expounding on that. I've been reading and watching things and I've seen some stuff that is quite concerning but had not heard about the pork conspiracy theory.
If it had pork in it, the naysayers in my family would be the first in line. They love that bacon! :laugh:

Meanwhile 20 mins from me a cricket match was played with 9,000 watching on side by side. New Zealand beat Australia by bowling them out. Great game. Jabs are starting with front line staff now.

Russ
If only I lived on an island where it was possible to bring in early border controls and avoid the worst of this pandemic.... oh, hang on :mad:

* I know you aren't a fan of your government but as a country you've done far more right than you've done wrong.

If only I lived on an island where it was possible to bring in early border controls and avoid the worst of this pandemic.... oh, hang on :mad:

* I know you aren't a fan of your government but as a country you've done far more right than you've done wrong.

We were 3 weeks slower than Samoa. They had no deaths. The government at first refused to shut borders. We are isolated. I remember watching the news 6 months ago, all the Brits were swimming in Spain and Portugal . I thought to myself that's not good!!

Russ

LissaC, remember when we were discussing the "swab test" (in the private area) in China and I posted that was just a rumor at the time? Apparently, it does really exist! Ouch!

BEIJING (AP) — China on Thursday denied subjecting U.S. diplomats to COVID-19 anal tests following reports from Washington that some of its personnel were being made to undergo the procedure.

Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian told reporters at a daily briefing that “China has never asked U.S. diplomats in China to go through anal swab tests.”

A U.S. State Department spokesperson said Washington was “committed to guaranteeing the safety and security of American diplomats and their families while preserving their dignity, consistent with the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations as well as other relevant diplomatic law provisions.”

China denies subjecting US diplomats to COVID-19 anal tests

Watching the BBC tonight it looks like the vaccine roll out in Europe is a mess. A large vaccine centre opened in Brussels, set up to do 5000 jabs a day and they are doing just 200 because of supply problems and beaurocratic failures. In France and Germany it is reported that people are refusing the Astra Zenica product saying they would rather wait for another one to come along - this is being blamed in part on President Macron falsely saying that it is ineffective and not suitable for the over 65s.
There are millions of doses of vaccines in storage but seemingly no efficient way to get them into peoples arms.
Meanwhile Greece has decided to start making its own arrangements and is distancing itself from the EU centralised approach. It is unilaterally discussing with Britain how to allow tourist travel very shortly, and is prioritising airport, hotel and hospitality workers in order to get its important holiday industry going again.

* If any of my European friends here finds my account mistaken, then I am happy to be shown wrong as the above report is based on just one news piece.

Another week and still waiting for word on getting my first shot.

At this point, and with all the mutations becoming known, I'm sure a yearly COVID vaccine will be on the list in line with Flu shots, or every other year like some others.

I still don't know if I qualify as "high risk." I know I'm not old enough to get one now. My parents, who are 88 and 86, still don't have an appointment. But, this is Texas, where they can't even keep the power on when it gets cold.

CD

But surely we all know that it's a scheme devised by Bill Gates, George Soros and the Chinese government, with significant input from Hillary Clinton, to turn the world's population into android lizards? I thought that was understood by all sensible people.

You forgot AOC, who caused the Texas power crisis.

CD

A large vaccine centre opened in Brussels, set up to do 5000 jabs a day and they are doing just 200 because of supply problems and beaurocratic failures.
So they're following the American Plan, then. Good to know... :whistling:

Seriously, when I feel bad about how the vaccine rollout is going here, I check one of the reputable tracking sites, and as bad as we are, we're still doing a lot better than many, many other places - some countries have yet to administer their first dose...to their first citizen. :eek:

So they're following the American Plan, then. Good to know... :whistling:

Seriously, when I feel bad about how the vaccine rollout is going here, I check one of the reputable tracking sites, and as bad as we are, we're still doing a lot better than many, many other places - some countries have yet to administer their first dose...to their first citizen. :eek:

Keep in mind that there was NO plan before Biden took office. Trump left it to the states to come up with individual plans. Some states did better than others. I'm guessing Texas just turned it all over to the "free market" to get the job done, which means company executives are trying to maximize profitability from the dispensation of the vaccines.

CD

Way back in the olden days, the WHO would be in charge of this sort of thing, and they would coordinate with countries to figure out the best rollout. But, as global as we are when it comes to commerce and entertainment, the world is terribly disjointed when it comes to international cooperation.

And, that's even true within the same country (it certainly is over here): until recently, each state had to work out their own plan, whether it was for pandemic safety or for vaccine rollout. There were many stories of the federal government seizing masks after the states purchased them from overseas. While that isn't happening anymore, each state (and even each county) is on their own when it comes to vaccine appointments. When I go to the Macomb County Board of Health website, it takes a bit of research to figure out how to schedule a vaccine appointment. And, that's for someone who's at least tech savvy enough to post on cooking discussion forums. I can't imagine someone who isn't comfortable with computers (i.e., the people in the age group that really needs it) trying to figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom