How is the corona virus affecting you?

Another week and still waiting for word on getting my first shot.

At this point, and with all the mutations becoming known, I'm sure a yearly COVID vaccine will be on the list in line with Flu shots, or every other year like some others.

Just occasionally in these bleak times, we hear something that amuses us. And so it was today with the story of a 32-year-old Liverpool journalist who was offered a Covid vaccination on the grounds of his "very high" BMI.

Very high? Well, a BMI of 28,000 does seem a little dangerous. Baffled, he called his GP practice and after a little investigation, they discovered that they had recorded his height as 6.2 centimetres. He is 6ft 2in tall.

One in three adults in the UK have now had their first jab, 16.8M, and an Isreali study is showing that the Pfizer product is 85% effective after one dose. Also the UK uptake in the over 75s is better than 90%. All great news, the one less good bit is that up to one third of staff in care homes are declining the vaccine, it just shows that even those who should be the most positive are being swayed by the awful misinformation.

Mother in law got her seconds round, so that's one down, Dana and I to go, then we can expand our circle to include each other, while still being safe of course.

I'm next on the "Registered by" date.

1613753712465.png

One in three adults in the UK have now had their first jab, 16.8M, and an Isreali study is showing that the Pfizer product is 85% effective after one dose. Also the UK uptake in the over 75s is better than 90%. All great news, the one less good bit is that up to one third of staff in care homes are declining the vaccine, it just shows that even those who should be the most positive are being swayed by the awful misinformation.
What awful misinformation do you mean?

What awful misinformation do you mean?
There are those who insist that:
The vaccines contain pork products
The vaccines are made from human embryo material
The vaccines contain microchips so that the government can track you
The vaccines make you sterile

The first one is possibly the worst because it is specifically spread to dissuade Muslims from having the jab.

Covid: Fake news 'causing UK South Asians to reject jab'

The funniest I've hard is that vaccines alter DNA and we will have a next generation of deformed children because of the vaccines :giggle:

The microchips theory is also very amusing. It is usually believed in by the same folks who are heavy social media users :D

Back
Top Bottom