How is the corona virus affecting you?

Would you mind telling me what you are talking about here? I have had three tests (required before outpatient surgery) and all of them were a swab inside the sinuses. Didn't notice anything weird with my throat though.
Some people get a throat swab for Covid, I didn't really understand why but happened to a co-worker of mine.

Ah. Thanks.
By the way they tried her sinus first, but ended up swabing her throat as well. I still don't know why, apparently her husband and children got the usual nasal swab and no throat swab.

• Wow
Reactions: mjd
Would you mind telling me what you are talking about here? I have had three tests (required before outpatient surgery) and all of them were a swab inside the sinuses. Didn't notice anything weird with my throat though.

Seems to be standard practice here.
First of all they put a cotton bud at the back of your throat and twiddle it round to a count of five. It all but activated my gag reflex.

Then up each nostril, way further than I thought possible and twiddled it for a count of five each time.

I found it v uncomfortable.

Our oldest is visiting us this weekend. He got an COVID app alert this morning telling that he's been in contact with someone who's been tested positive (less than 2 meter distance for more than 15 min sometime during the last two weeks; probably at work or in public transport) - and he's showing minor symptoms of (hopefully common) flu. My hubby just took him to the local hospital for testing. He's staying with us in quarantine until the results arrive. They said that my hubby - a middle-grade teacher - can go to work tomorrow as most alert-based tests are negative. Luckily we haven't met my mom and stepdad (in their eighties) or my in-laws during this weekend. No grocery shopping or any unnecessary human contacts outside home for at least a couple of days. Fingers crossed.
Negative test result (text message arrived in the middle of the night). Phooh. The uni (where he works for a company which funds chemical research) informed in a separate message that an exchange student working in the same floor had fallen ill with Covid. The person hasn't been present since Monday last week. Luckily our son hasn't been in straight contact with that person; his phone may have been as he's left it in a rucksack in a shared office/meeting room. Now he just has to stay alert and try to avoid job-related contacts for a few weeks. He has to run machinery/equipment at the premises so remote work is not an option.

Time for quarantine relief:
1: Second shot a week from this morning, wait a spell, then off to Key West.
2: $272 Round trip on American. Burbank to Key West, (1 stop DFW) and back.
3: Best Western on Hibiscus $141 a night before discounts.
4: The Green Parrot for a Havana Bay rum & Mexican coke.
Google images:
15414_Screen-Shot-2017-11-15-at-1.50.34-PM.png

RN Wife are her co worker nurses working for half pay.
50% of their paychecks going to state and Fed taxes.

• Wow
Reactions: mjd
As of this weekend, one in four adults in Britain have received their first jab, infection rates and hospitalisations are both down by 25% in a week, and the total number of people in hospital is starting to come down. The Government is publishing its road map back to normality next weekend, and the snow is almost gone.

Good news all round.

Back
Top Bottom