How is the corona virus affecting you?

Over 20% of adults in the UK have now had at least one Covid jab and all of the most vulnerable will be done by the end of next week. There is definite hope in these parts.
I hope you all continue on that trend. Our health departments are still trying to get it sorted out but, thankfully, the seniors in our local senior housing were able to receive their first shots last week.

Over 20% of adults in the UK have now had at least one Covid jab and all of the most vulnerable will be done by the end of next week. There is definite hope in these parts.

Had mine this morning and it was completely painless. No queues - just went to GP's surgery and in and out in 5 mins.

Had mine this morning and it was completely painless. No queues - just went to GP's surgery and in and out in 5 mins.
I am due mine by May, and I'm happy to note that of all my family, friends and work colleagues that are at most risk of developing serious complications, all have now had their first shot.:happy:

Our state is at about 8% and our county is at about 6%, but the daily numbers have been increasing a bit each day, so it does look like we're at least pointed in the right direction.

Have to go up to the Princess Elizabeth Hospital today for a Covid test.
I've had a temp of 38.1, crappy headache and tiredness.
Typically, a few hours before I have to go up, the temperature, headache etc have eased.
The lady on the Covid advice hotline that I spoke to did say that there were a couple of 'bugs' going round that can make it look as though you have Covid.

Typically, a few hours before I have to go up, the temperature, headache etc have eased.
The lady on the Covid advice hotline that I spoke to did say that there were a couple of 'bugs' going round that can make it look as though you have Covid.

Hopefully you are OK - I thought Guernsey was virtually COVID free.

Hopefully you are OK - I thought Guernsey was virtually COVID free.
We were.
We had almost a year of being Covid free with everything open. The only cases being the odd one or two from people returning from the UK after medical treatment etc. But they were tracked, traced and isolated so weren't a problem.
Then, at the end of January, we had an outbreak of one of the new strains of the virus. No one is quite sure how it got out but one theory involves a bar maid visiting her boyfriend while he was isolating and passing it round the pub, another is that letting the students come home from the UK for Christmas may have restarted it.

It's a shame, but we've locked down hard again and I'm sure we'll beat it again.

Good luck to you with the test. Let us know how you do. Either way, I hope you're feeling better soon! 👍🏻

Our oldest is visiting us this weekend. He got an COVID app alert this morning telling that he's been in contact with someone who's been tested positive (less than 2 meter distance for more than 15 min sometime during the last two weeks; probably at work or in public transport) - and he's showing minor symptoms of (hopefully common) flu. My hubby just took him to the local hospital for testing. He's staying with us in quarantine until the results arrive. They said that my hubby - a middle-grade teacher - can go to work tomorrow as most alert-based tests are negative. Luckily we haven't met my mom and stepdad (in their eighties) or my in-laws during this weekend. No grocery shopping or any unnecessary human contacts outside home for at least a couple of days. Fingers crossed.

"Hello sir, do you have a sore throat and sinus area?"

*takes test*

I frickin' do now!

When you posted earlier about going I thought 'shall I warn him', then I decided 'nope, he'll find out soon enough'.

My throat was like a rasp for the rest of the day after mine.

Would you mind telling me what you are talking about here? I have had three tests (required before outpatient surgery) and all of them were a swab inside the sinuses. Didn't notice anything weird with my throat though.

Back
Top Bottom