How is the corona virus affecting you?

Per a lot of reports that come across on my computer, it's affecting nearly every body system in the worst cases, and there are lots of people with long term symptoms, even with milder cases.

I just got lucky - I arranged for a GP to phone me re partner's psoriasis (he needs more ointment prescribed). He wanted him to come in to be examined and I said we weren't happy to go out right now due to the virus. He then asked if we had been given the vaccine. Well, given that we are both not yet 70 we were not expecting it until March or April. The national deadline for 70 plus and the clinically vulnerable is 15th Feb. He said they were ahead of schedule at the surgery, so we could both get the first jab on Saturday morning. I really wasn't expecting that!

The irony is that my friend who lives in Essex and is over 70 and deemed clinically vulnerable has not yet been called.

I just got lucky - I arranged for a GP to phone me re partner's psoriasis (he needs more ointment prescribed). He wanted him to come in to be examined and I said we weren't happy to go out right now due to the virus. He then asked if we had been given the vaccine. Well, given that we are both not yet 70 we were not expecting it until March or April. The national deadline for 70 plus and the clinically vulnerable is 15th Feb. He said they were ahead of schedule at the surgery, so we could both get the first jab on Saturday morning. I really wasn't expecting that!

The irony is that my friend who lives in Essex and is over 70 and deemed clinically vulnerable has not yet been called.
That's great news!

Can you ask him to move to the US and help these people get a clue on how to do this efficiently? Asking for a friend. ;-)

Just read this...I am hoping this doesn't set a precedent for other countries.

German Court in Weimar Declares Lockdown Unconstitutional

A LANDMARK legal decision declared that regional containment policies – including lockdowns, social distancing, prohibitions on gatherings by family or friends) are UNCONSTITUTIONAL. The judge called the lockdowns a “catastrophically wrong political decision with dramatic consequences for almost all areas of people’s lives.”

The judge ruled that the government violated the “inviolably guaranteed human dignity” under basic German law. This momentous, affirmative, liberating decision was handed down by a court of law in Weimar, Germany;

Read all here: German Court in Weimar Declares Lockdown Unconstitutional |

Personally, I would have thought that spreading a horrible disease to other people "violated human dignity" quite substantially, but then again, I have never studied law.
There are still too many people banging on about their rights, and never considering their responsibilities.

Well, I got tired of looking over and over online for the couple of vaccine-related questions I have, so I stopped by the county health department today. They're the ones overseeing the vaccine rollout in our area.

First thing I wanted to know was if my wife would be moved up in eligibility based on her multiple chronic conditions. The answer was...probably, starting 15 Feb, but maybe not.

Second question was whether there is a pre-registration process, like the entire rest of my family has gone through the next county over. Anyone can pre-register their details, and when they're eligible, they get a call. The answer was...no, we're not doing that here.

Last question was, seeing as we have six vaccination providers in our county, is there one central scheduling number to call or does a person have to sit there and call six different agencies in order to find a slot (once eligible). The answer was...no, there is no central number to call, but we may have one by the summer.

Hmmmmm...

Well, I got tired of looking over and over online for the couple of vaccine-related questions I have, so I stopped by the county health department today. They're the ones overseeing the vaccine rollout in our area.

First thing I wanted to know was if my wife would be moved up in eligibility based on her multiple chronic conditions. The answer was...probably, starting 15 Feb, but maybe not.

Second question was whether there is a pre-registration process, like the entire rest of my family has gone through the next county over. Anyone can pre-register their details, and when they're eligible, they get a call. The answer was...no, we're not doing that here.

Last question was, seeing as we have six vaccination providers in our county, is there one central scheduling number to call or does a person have to sit there and call six different agencies in order to find a slot (once eligible). The answer was...no, there is no central number to call, but we may have one by the summer.

Hmmmmm...
Sounds like my neck of the woods. The local health department's favorite refrain..."We just don't know at this time." to just about any question posed.

I’ve been nauseous (besides my thread & post content quality) for the past three days. When the Wifie gets extra quiet and that NOLA accent rolls off her tongue then she’s focused that I have some serious malady or side effect.

No fever but it’s said that’s no sign of anything.

Anyway, wife says the second shot of the vaccine supercharges the first and I’ll be feeling a bit worse then.

Im walking wounded for now but feel good that in a few weeks I’ll be sitting at the old guys bar in Key West.

Back
Top Bottom