How is the corona virus affecting you?

Our government wants a 'testing society' which means that for every visit to a restaurant, public entertainment venue, event and cultural venue you're going to have to prove you're negative to the corona virus. People who had the vaccine are not exempt from the testing.
AND they want the tests to be 7,50- euro a head, which would mean that poor people can basically forget going anywhere as their tests alone with a family of four would be around 30 euros, and then an entry fee won't have been paid yet!

I can't entirely object to tests being mandatory, but I am very upset by the amount of money it would cost. I am a well off woman, it's not a problem for me but I have been poor and this would case a huge inequality gap between the rich and the poor. I find the whole idea very distasteful. This can only be done if the fee is reasonable, or no fee at all.

Still on target.

Well, this is kind of strange...I reported back in January that my uncle died of Covid. Obviously, back then, no services of any kind.

That's relaxed a bit since then, and I found out that services are now scheduled for later this month. However, we're still under indoor masking/limitations on numbers recommendations (or possibly restrictions, it changes), and the service is, of course, scheduled for inside, with a lunch following.

Asking around...it looks like hardly anyone is planning on going. Even vaccinated, the older folks are too scared, and the younger folks, meaning great-nieces/nephews and below, they don't go to funerals as a rule, so now it looks like holding a service now will be no different than if it had held when he actually died.

I'm hoping some common sense prevails and my aunt reschedules this thing for later in the year.

Not sure if its suited for here, or in what made you smile.

In the UK the plan is to end all restrictions on June 21st, so Aldi have announced that they are bringing back their Christmas range; mince pies, puddings and even the two yard sausage. They have declared June 25th as Junemas - six months late, but at last we can hug our family.

This is a marketing campaign I really want to succeed.

In the UK the plan is to end all restrictions on June 21st, so Aldi have announced that they are bringing back their Christmas range; mince pies, puddings and even the two yard sausage. They have declared June 25th as Junemas - six months late, but at last we can hug our family.

I f*****g LOVE it!!!

At last! Wishing you the best of luck. And will be wishing Happy Junemass.

Tomorrow, Sunday 9th May is my vacc day. 10.15-10.45 is the plan.
A coworker is driving, so we both won't be alone. She mentioned picking up a third coworker.

She said we will be expected to stay seated and overwatched for 30 min, to make sure we are ok after the vacc.

I did the grocery shopping today, and the reschedule of Monday's lessons.

So in case I get tired, I can ease and nap.

Hope no side effects will appear, as we compete on Monday, and travel to a near by city (hour drive) for the music competition.

🍀

Vacc done. It was a mass vacc at a high school gym hall for teaching staff. Very well organized, in and out within 10 minutes.
My arm is a bit heavy and sore but so far all else is good.
I do feel like relaxing, but it is fine.
A coworker gifted me a cooling gel pad for the arm, as I have to play piano tomorrow morning. And I bought some more pads of the same kind.

We had a coffee and cheesecake and nice chat afterwards.
Fingers crossed all stays ok.
My next vacc is June 13 th.
Pfizer.

Am happy and calm.

Vacc done. It was a mass vacc at a high school gym hall for teaching staff. Very well organized, in and out within 10 minutes.
My arm is a bit heavy and sore but so far all else is good.
I do feel like relaxing, but it is fine.
A coworker gifted me a cooling gel pad for the arm, as I have to play piano tomorrow morning. And I bought some more pads of the same kind.

We had a coffee and cheesecake and nice chat afterwards.
Fingers crossed all stays ok.
My next vacc is June 13 th.
Pfizer.
View attachment 62907

View attachment 62908

Am happy and calm.
Nice job! One more of us, one less of them.

This is one of the very few occasions where every single person on the planet has an equal role to play.

Today there were no deaths reported for the whole of England, Scotland and Northern Ireland (Wales reported 4). The PM has just announced that from next Monday, as expected, restaurants and bars can start serving customers indoors.

This should be a cause for celebration, but here in the UK we are all very aware that most of the World is not in the position we are.

The (dis)United Kingdom: the country that likes to tell everyone else to go and take a running jump.

The government has just reduced the foreign aid budget by nearly three billion pounds. What's more, they made the announcement on the last day of Parliament before the summer recess, ensuring that it couldn't be debated.

As a former VSO volunteer, I have a keen interest in such things. VSO inform us that their budget for this year has been cut by 45%, meaning they are having to pull out of a number of countries. I contacted my MP about this, but received no response. He appears to be too busy trying to promote a dead-in-the-water political party, to whit Alex "Sexpest" Salmond's laughable Alba bunch. He (my MP) decamped to these clowns from the Scottish National Party.

It's the same story for other charities. And it's not hard to see how it will affect the already minimal support that Britain provides to countries with appalling Covid problems. Sometimes, well actually frequently, it's embarrassing to be British.

The (dis)United Kingdom: the country that likes to tell everyone else to go and take a running jump.

The government has just reduced the foreign aid budget by nearly three billion pounds. What's more, they made the announcement on the last day of Parliament before the summer recess, ensuring that it couldn't be debated.

As a former VSO volunteer, I have a keen interest in such things. VSO inform us that their budget for this year has been cut by 45%, meaning they are having to pull out of a number of countries. I contacted my MP about this, but received no response. He appears to be too busy trying to promote a dead-in-the-water political party, to whit Alex "Sexpest" Salmond's laughable Alba bunch. He (my MP) decamped to these clowns from the Scottish National Party.

It's the same story for other charities. And it's not hard to see how it will affect the already minimal support that Britain provides to countries with appalling Covid problems. Sometimes, well actually frequently, it's embarrassing to be British.
Sadly the poor showing by Labour in England and the loss of the Sunderland by-election just shows that people either agree with or just don't care/ understand what this government is up to. All under the cover of covid, so cynical, so dangerous.

Sadly the poor showing by Labour in England and the loss of the Sunderland by-election just shows that people either agree with or just don't care/ understand what this government is up to. All under the cover of covid, so cynical, so dangerous.
Forgive the correction, but the by-election was in Hartlepool. The point you make is, sadly, entirely correct.

shows that people either agree with or just don't care/ understand
I think what happened here, with respect to the last decade or so, is that people thought whatever extremist garbage was going on was just a very few dedicated nutjobs influencing several more people who didn't know any better.

Sadly, especially after the US Capitol storming, more people are starting to realize that it's more than just a few, and it's not a matter of being willfully ignorant - they actually think that way. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom