How is the corona virus affecting you?

Not sure if its suited for here, or in what made you smile.

In the UK the plan is to end all restrictions on June 21st, so Aldi have announced that they are bringing back their Christmas range; mince pies, puddings and even the two yard sausage. They have declared June 25th as Junemas - six months late, but at last we can hug our family.

This is a marketing campaign I really want to succeed.
I may do the same as well.?

Russ

Buriram is the next province to the west of ours in Thailand:

"Buriram makes Covid vaccines compulsory for high-risk groups

Buriram ordered people in high-risk groups to take coronavirus vaccine or face fine and jail time, the province announced this week.
The official order was announced Thursday night. The governor of each province has the authority to introduce Covid-prevention and restriction measures as they deem appropriate, according to the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), formed under the power of the state-of-emergency decree.

Buriram Governor Tatchakorn Hatthathayakulorder?s order states that every citizen over the age of 18 who lives and works in the province must fill an offline or online self-evaluation form and hand it in to the local health authority. The local authority will then determine whether the person is considered to be at risk of Covid-19 infection. If the person as considered to be at risk, they will have to be vaccinated on the date and time that the authority designates. Refusal to fill the self-evaluation form can incur a fine of no more than 10,000 baht or jail for no more than one month. A violator who refuses to be vaccinated could face a fine of no more than 40,000 baht or jail for no more than two years."

10,000 baht is currently US$320.00.

Buriram ordered people in high-risk groups to take coronavirus vaccine or face fine and jail time, the province announced this week.
The official order was announced Thursday night. The governor of each province has the authority to introduce Covid-prevention and restriction measures as they deem appropriate, according to the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), formed under the power of the state-of-emergency decree.

Buriram Governor Tatchakorn Hatthathayakulorder?s order states that every citizen over the age of 18 who lives and works in the province must fill an offline or online self-evaluation form and hand it in to the local health authority. The local authority will then determine whether the person is considered to be at risk of Covid-19 infection. If the person as considered to be at risk, they will have to be vaccinated on the date and time that the authority designates. Refusal to fill the self-evaluation form can incur a fine of no more than 10,000 baht or jail for no more than one month. A violator who refuses to be vaccinated could face a fine of no more than 40,000 baht or jail for no more than two years."

Are any other vaccinations or medical protocols compulsory for other diseases already?

Reactions: mjd

That's just...wow. I don't really understand what is going on. Some of our prisoners have been released from jail due to COVID outbreaks but they've arrested some people for opening their businesses or not wearing masks, etc.. The whole thing is just weird.

Ohio is anticipating lifting all restrictions (for the most part) June 2nd.

The CDC just announced that if you're vaccinated, you can also feel safe ditching the mask in just about any situation. Dr. Fauci was on the news last night and stated that the chances of a fully vaccinated person getting Covid are exceedingly small, and if they do contract it, it wouldn't likely be a severe case.

I think I'll stick with a mask for at least a little while longer, don't know about Craig but I would like for him to. However, if I forget and leave it in the car, which we were both really bad about doing at the beginning of all this, at least I won't HAVE to go back and get it unless going into a store that still requires them.

Ohio is anticipating lifting all restrictions (for the most part) June 2nd.

The CDC just announced that if you're vaccinated, you can also feel safe ditching the mask in just about any situation. Dr. Fauci was on the news last night and stated that the chances of a fully vaccinated person getting Covid are exceedingly small, and if they do contract it, it wouldn't likely be a severe case.
That approach worries me, what is to stop those who are not vaccinated but disagree with the restrictions just lying and causing more danger for everybody.

Much as it pains me to give the current British government any credit, our "we're all in this together" approach of everyone being subject to the same rules until it is safe for everybody to have them relaxed makes sense. There is no extra policing needed, jealousy and cheating is removed and it avoids division.

That approach worries me, what is to stop those who are not vaccinated but disagree with the restrictions just lying and causing more danger for everybody.
To me, it's a "read between the lines" opportunity. What I see is, "Hey, if you're vaccinated, you have no worries, if you're not vaccinated, you're flirting with disaster. Make your choice."

Dr. Fauci went as far as to specifically point out that if you've been vaccinated, you are in virtually no danger from an unvaccinated, unmasked, previously-had-Covid individual, whether walking by them outside or sitting next to them inside, even without your mask on. He stated the real-world efficacy rates of the vaccines are that good.

I took that as a message to the fence-sitters who are unvaccinated as much as anything else - "Get your shot and join the rest of society."

Of course, if you already believe you're safe without the shot, you'll just keep doing what you're doing, but I think at this point, there's not a whole lot anyone can do to persuade a person who feels that way.

Back
Top Bottom