How is the corona virus affecting you?

I've been in five states over the last six days (Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, and Missouri), and ran the gamut of mask rules:

1. No mask required
2. Mask required if not fully vaccinated
3. Mask optional
4. Mask required
5. Wear mask at your own risk

Three quarters if all British adults have had one vaccination, and half have had both. That's got to be something to cheer about.

Three quarters if all British adults have had one vaccination, and half have had both. That's got to be something to cheer about.

View attachment 64621

And its safe to say that if folk have had the first dose they will have the second. Given that its still rolling out to younger people we should soon reach a good 80% plus of all adults, I hope. Unfortunately some younger adults are vaccine hesitant - (a) because they don't mind catching it because they think the symptoms are going to be less serious for them and (b) because they worry about long term side effects.

We went to Craig's ortho doctor today for followup. The majority of the staff weren't masked, nor was he or his intern. He told us we could take our masks off if we wanted because nobody there drank the kool-aid. Mind you, this was the doc that met me in the preop area before Craig went in for surgery with no mask and stuck out his ungloved hand for a handshake on 10/31/2020.

Went out for lunch afterwards and masks were optional. Some of the wait staff had 1 on, others didn't. Same with patrons entering and leaving.

I'm really disturbed by this. Here there are really strict rules in all hospitals and doctor's surgeries (and recently I've been attending them frequently :(). Your temperature is taken on entry and you are provided with a proper surgical mask. Everybody wears masks and all waiting seating is distanced... etc.

He told us we could take our masks off if we wanted because nobody there drank the kool-aid.

What does that mean?

What does that mean?
The same thing as when I write about the orange one's followers drinking the kool-aid. Basically that the virus and vaccine aren't real or much of a threat.

I also mentioned that we both were vaccinated and he made a comment about some man in his 80s, a politician or 1 of the talking heads, didn't recognize the name and don't remember it, taking the vaccine and then dying 2 or 3 days later.

The phrase "Drinking the kool-aid" came about after Jim Jones and the suicide/murders at Jonestown in 1978.

I went in for a checkup last week. My doc and staff had on masks, face shields, and surgical gowns over their clothes. Signage was up about wearing masks and the number of people that were allowed in waiting room, plus the chairs were turned around or blocked to enforce social distancing. There was also a sign on the outside door that if you weren't feeling well to inform the receptionist immediately upon entering.

The government also announced it will start vaccinating people over 20 in August. Portugal is known for bureaucracy and lack of organization so I'll only believe all of this when me and my friends have our appointments scheduled. I have zero concerns about the vaccine itself or possible side effects I just want to get my shot :laugh:

The phrase "Drinking the kool-aid" came about after Jim Jones and the suicide/murders at Jonestown in 1978.

For those who don't know the American phrase, to "drink the Kool-aid," it means to "be a sheep," or "believe a lie" in effect. It goes back to the Jonestown mass suicide/muder, where they drank Kool-aid mixed with cyanide. Those who didn't drink the Kool-aid were shot to death.

Jonestown - Wikipedia

CD

Ohio suspended all Covid-related health restrictions today. Individual businesses can still require masks, but it's no longer required.

1 in 20 are vaccinated here so the press say, I find that hard to believe. I only know of two people, both front line people.
Not a mask to be seen here except on buses and bus stops.

Russ

1 in 20 are vaccinated here so the press say, I find that hard to believe. I only know of two people, both front line people.
Not a mask to be seen here except on buses and bus stops.

Russ
It is difficult for us to assess New Zealand, the BBC reports that you have only had 26 deaths in the entire country, there have been more than 26 deaths within a mile of my house.

Edit: to qualify, I live in one of the more affluent areas of Leicester where a number of the larger houses with substantial grounds have been extended and turned into private care homes for the elderly. The virus has run rife through these care homes but has affected the general population no more than average.

Last edited:
It is difficult for us to assess New Zealand, the BBC reports that you have only had 26 deaths in the entire country, there have been more than 26 deaths within a mile of my house.

I know, but then lockdown was pretty dam efficient, we were locked down while seeing you Brits partying in Spain and around Europe. Same with muricans at the beaches.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom