How is the corona virus affecting you?

We can start coming back into the office voluntarily after next week. Today, they just announced that no masks are required for the fully vaccinated, and except for a few locations in other states where they're allowed to do it, there will be no checking for proof of vaccination - it's the honor system.

At some point, and I think it'll be fairly soon, the voluntary part will switch to mandatory. I, of course, already have permission to work from home full-time, so I'm not too concerned about that.

That's what I was told via the radio.

Russ

Ah - I think what you heard applies only to NZ citizens and immediate family who are in India. All such travellers must have a negative test before departure and must quarantine on arrival.

https://covid19.govt.nz/travel/inte...el-restrictions-for-very-high-risk-countries/

10 million injections have now been reached since yesterday. The government is catching up, but this counts all injections so it's roughly 5 million people who've had both shots now.

https://coronadashboard.rijksoverheid.nl/

The exact number is not on this website yet, due to the numbers always being for the previous day. Today the 10th million injection will be reached.
We expect that my stepsons can both get their shots by the end of the month.

Masks optional at Kroger today for the fully vaccinated.

I noticed that, and it's not just in Ohio. I thought about not wearing a mask, but decided to keep mine on. For all of last year, and well into this year, the divide was easy to spot:
  • People with masks were being careful, and likely also associated with people who were similarly careful
  • People without masks were not being careful, and likely also associated with people who were similarly not careful
Now, it's a lot less clear. I kept my mask on because I didn't want to freak out the people who also kept their masks on.

10 million injections have now been reached since yesterday. The government is catching up, but this counts all injections so it's roughly 5 million people who've had both shots now.

https://coronadashboard.rijksoverheid.nl/

The exact number is not on this website yet, due to the numbers always being for the previous day. Today the 10th million injection will be reached.
We expect that my stepsons can both get their shots by the end of the month.

We will go over 300-million doses given in the next day or two. As far as percentages, it depends on where you live. In my county, 44 percent of all people of all ages are vaccinated. 78 percent of those over 65 are vaccinated.

My county is a "family" heavy county, and has a lot of children (under 18), who have just recently been cleared to get a vaccine (12 and up). So, that skews the averages for people of all ages.

CD

My husband's symptoms have dissapeared completely, mine have started to come on now. I've had muscle cramps all over my body for the past 24 hours, making lying down or sleeping rather uncomfortable. And I have a mild fever now. Hopefully it will not get much worse.

Take some Tylenol (Acetaminophen) for the aches and fever. That's what doctors here are telling people, and it seems to work well.

CD

I noticed that, and it's not just in Ohio. I thought about not wearing a mask, but decided to keep mine on. For all of last year, and well into this year, the divide was easy to spot:
  • People with masks were being careful, and likely also associated with people who were similarly careful
  • People without masks were not being careful, and likely also associated with people who were similarly not careful
Now, it's a lot less clear. I kept my mask on because I didn't want to freak out the people who also kept their masks on.

I have noticed some people get nervous if they see me without a mask, so if I am in a fairly crowded store, I put a mask on to ease their minds. I was in Lowe's the other day, and I'd estimate that 20 percent of shoppers wore masks, and none of the employees. Nobody seemed nervous about it, so I didn't bother wearing my mask.

CD

Take some Tylenol (Acetaminophen) for the aches and fever. That's what doctors here are telling people, and it seems to work well.

CD
Tylenol doesn't exist here, but I know you mean paracetamol. That didn't put a dent in the cramps, I've been awake for half the night. But they are gone now, and so is the fever.

Back
Top Bottom