How is the corona virus affecting you?

We definitely keep that in mind, but we haven't been sick enough to warrant hospital care. The rule is that you only get treated if you have a fever, and we've both not had one. We'll just have to stick it out, unless indeed pneunomia might occur.
If get worse Bella call for help.

Sarana x

My instinct is help people but can not.
That's what's so hard about this, it interrupts most people's natural inclination to help by interacting with neighbors and family (bringing them food, doing their shopping, etc.).

My neighbor got laid off last week, and I'd just baked a big cake, too much for just two people, and my first thought was to give them half, but my second thought was potentially contaminated box for cake, or breathing on the cake, or coughing accidentally while trying to hand it over...you just can't win right now, because this is separating everyone.

Our cruise in May has officially cancelled. We get to choose between a 100% cash refund now, or 125% applied to a future cruise.

The airlines are being a little craftier. They're not cancelling flights until the last minute, because if they cancel, then they have to offer you you're money back. Instead, they're cancelling most flights now, and rebooking passengers on alternate flights, knowing full well no one's traveling right now. Then they're waiting until the last minute to cancel that one, hoping that travelers will call first. If the traveler calls, the airline will just offer to waive any change fees and give you 100% credit on a future flight. Doing their best to keep the money in-house. 🤫

At work we were told yesterday that effective immediately all air traffic engineers rostered as flexible shift are to stay home in future till notified otherwise. The only time a 'flexi' should go in is if we have mandatory maintenance to do or we are called in to assist the duty watch officer.

Only the duty watch officer is to go in to work as normal.

Well I just posted my husband had recovered yesterday, apparently not. He's had a major headache, felt sick and had trouble eating, and was suddenly coughing violently again. Going tomorrow we'll both have been ill for two weeks.
I had serious muscle cramps again too. This is not a regular cold, that's for sure.
Allegedly a thing with Covid-19. The patient can swing between feeling bad, feeling better.

For me the difficulty is isolating from my family. We go to each other in times of loss or stress. If one of us is ill the rest of us will cook and shop.
My 30 year old niece (middle Sister's daughter) has Cerebral Palsy. Last week she was in the hospital Sunday through Thursday. Not virus related. Sister was the only person allowed to stay with her and Sis could have no outside contact or she would not be allowed back in.
Sis has been able to do pickup orders from Walmart and the pharmacy. Unfortunately paper products and adult diapers are not available for pickup. We found toilet paper and paper towels. Baby Brother found adult diapers. Enough to last until her online order arrives.
I dropped off the tp and pt. I had to set them at the door. Sis stood in the doorway and talked to me for a few minutes with a distance from the door. Niece was behind her Mother. It was so hard not to be able to hug them.

Just heard from my AgCenter agent. I want to plant my garden boxes but have an infestation of beetles in the soil. He told me what I need to do. The garden will keep us busy for a couple of days.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you who are sick or have sick family members.

A source of hope in a bleak situation. I found these in various spots along South River Road (near where I live).

Our cruise in May has officially cancelled. We get to choose between a 100% cash refund now, or 125% applied to a future cruise.

The airlines are being a little craftier. They're not cancelling flights until the last minute, because if they cancel, then they have to offer you you're money back. Instead, they're cancelling most flights now, and rebooking passengers on alternate flights, knowing full well no one's traveling right now. Then they're waiting until the last minute to cancel that one, hoping that travelers will call first. If the traveler calls, the airline will just offer to waive any change fees and give you 100% credit on a future flight. Doing their best to keep the money in-house. 🤫

I would absolutely go for the 100% refund on the cruise. There company might easily fold or there may be very long term restrictions on foreign travel. I'm sure you know this, of course. You are lucky to get a refund. Lots of people are not getting any refund.

I would absolutely go for the 100% refund on the cruise. There company might easily fold or there may be very long term restrictions on foreign travel. I'm sure you know this, of course. You are lucky to get a refund. Lots of people are not getting any refund.
She's waffling right now. She's goofy that way. If this were on behalf of a client, she would quickly list out their options, then make a recommendation. She's already had to do that a few times in the last month. But when it's her own stuff... 🤷🏻‍♀️

She's not too concerned about them folding, as it's with Celebrity, who are part of Royal Caribbean and are quite large, but there always is that chance.

On top of the attractiveness of getting extra credit, the exact cruise we were scheduled for this year is already up and booking for next year, and it's cheaper than what we paid, that's like extra extra money.

That'll be her dilemma, she likes her dollars/value for her money, but no matter what she decides, as soon as she does it, she'll complain she should have done the other. :laugh:

She's waffling right now. She's goofy that way. If this were on behalf of a client, she would quickly list out their options, then make a recommendation. She's already had to do that a few times in the last month. But when it's her own stuff... 🤷🏻‍♀️

She's not too concerned about them folding, as it's with Celebrity, who are part of Royal Caribbean and are quite large, but there always is that chance.

On top of the attractiveness of getting extra credit, the exact cruise we were scheduled for this year is already up and booking for next year, and it's cheaper than what we paid, that's like extra extra money.

That'll be her dilemma, she likes her dollars/value for her money, but no matter what she decides, as soon as she does it, she'll complain she should have done the other. :laugh:
Can you afford to lose the money? Basically you have to gamble on the cruise line surviving and then getting a massive upgrade for your money next season, or going bust and then you are a small creditor when the companie's big suppliers will have their hand in the pot first.

Ciao,
I admit no technical, but I find radio Valentina Napoli complete accident on line. So I have few drinks and now dance around. I need hear Italian voices keep me sane. My English is no good, after all years I here I struggle if I in panic may be pain an stress I loose any I have.
Ray and bambini only speak Napulitano in house with me. No that I do not try I do, when family here I close eyes and can be back home. House so quiet, it feel dead cold!
I afraid for my Ray, I afraid for my bambini I afraid for grand children I afraid for brothers I have. I afraid for peoples I know. I afraid. Some person say when I in garden Italian bitch you bring here. I bring nothing, I honest I scared.
I hate when Ray cook and destroy my kitchen yet I give anything to hear him bash bang again inside. I sit and watch birds today. They little but they in way stronger thing bad they fly some where away.
I in now quattro G+T more G to T!
I still look God I trust he deliver us from this
My prays with all,

Sarana x

Now I have thing throw in window, look as dog shit from road!

Last edited:
I afraid for my Ray, I afraid for my bambini I afraid for grand children I afraid for brothers I have. I afraid for peoples I know. I afraid. Some person say when I in garden Italian bitch you bring here. I bring nothing, I honest I scared.

Don't panic! Ray is on the mend and younger people are much less affected by the virus. In particular, children tend to have mild symptoms. As for the person hurling abuse at you, there are no words to express how ignorant and prejudiced this person is. Keep on dancing!

Back
Top Bottom