How is the corona virus affecting you?

I felt awful yesterday evening, serious stomach aches and generally feeling unwell but still no fever. Am sniffing and coughing again though. Husband was a bit better yesterday, now says he feels runover by a truck and also has the sniffles.
It's all not really bad, compared to others with ( suspected) Corona we're doing really well but it does take a long time to run it's course!

I can imagine that if you get the worse version, beating it can be really hard. It's like running a marathon, I imagine. This virus is no joke.

Otherwise not much news, though the government dropped a hint that next tuesday a full lockdown may be instated.

We're having a good time aside from the virus, we never had time for a full honeymoon and now we do. It's been great for our relationship so far 🙂

I felt awful yesterday evening, serious stomach aches and generally feeling unwell but still no fever.

It may be you have something else going on. The main thing is that you have no fever and no breathing difficulties. Glad you are coping so well. What will 'total lockdown' mean where you are?

Wife has been working long hours every day at her hospital. Largest hospital system in the southwest and one Corona case sent to them from Public Health,,,, so far.
She has to suit up like in those Hollywood Pandemic from outer space Movies.

Yesterday she went to her favorite grocery store and experienced a reality check,, the shelves were empty. A real eye opener that made her appreciate that I had a months supply of everything on hand.
Our Russian friends said it looked familiar like the Soviet Union days.

As soon as the news media mentions there's a run on something at the stores then the hoarders kick into high gear and exacerbate that situation.

I bought gasoline last night for $2.34 US a gallon at COSTCO. In California that's amazing. They had people sanitizing the pumps handles and pump after each customer. I went into COSTCO at 8PM and the greeter girl sanitized the cart handle and had hand sanitizer. She said the daily deliveries of TP and Rice were lasting a bit longer in the day but gone by 1PM. Maybe a sign things are calming down.

Friend manages a Smart and Final grocery store and tipped me off dairy deliveries are around 1PM after the mad hoarders are gone. I picked up a couple gallons of milk and some eggs. We are a milk and eggs family. Grabbed a couple New York cut steaks too and they had a vast supply of bags of potatoes, limit 2 that I took advantage of. Made the kids this:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtImhRShqUI

Also earlier this week made the family Hungarian potato soup with Sausage. WOW is this ever a good recipe:

Hungarian Potato and Sausage Soup Video

Skip the sour cream.

Garden hose and shop towels.
For our recreation vehicle we have to use a fast dissolving TP. On the road it can be hard to find, especially in the middle of the Southwest deserts so we keep a decent supply of that on hand too.

Anyone remember that episode of the Twilight Zone TV show where the neighborhood beats down and destroys the door of the only 4 person bomb shelter on the street a family built when they thought the country was under attack?
Neighbors will beat down my trailer door to get to the TP. A good Monty Python episode. I'll get blasted with a sawed off shot gun for my 10 rolls of Charmin.

The coming months are likely to be a test of many things, including our cooking skills. In some ways, it reminds me a little of being a VSO volunteer in a place where we had a limited range of food to buy. You become, almost by accident, quite inventive. Rather happier times, admittedly, but a similar approach to cooking is needed.

It may be you have something else going on. The main thing is that you have no fever and no breathing difficulties.

Well I am saying it's likely corona because that's what the doctors assistant told me based on my symptoms. But because only severe cases get tested, we're still guessing of course.

The coming months are likely to be a test of many things, including our cooking skills. In some ways, it reminds me a little of being a VSO volunteer in a place where we had a limited range of food to buy. You become, almost by accident, quite inventive. Rather happier times, admittedly, but a similar approach to cooking is needed.

Yes I think so too, we're only at the start of things and the UN is already warning of shortages.

Yes I think so too, we're only at the start of things and the UN is already warning of shortages.
Ciao Bella,
It going to become tougher as time goes, things take for granted will no be able to find. We must change what cook and use. Then will follow black market. Things we think basic few week ago will become luxury, meats I think may be one. Ones I feel for those can not cook they will struggle. Site as this become even more important to help. Every one need practice Cucina Povera waste nothing, the less waste more go round for all. We need change how think of food to much thrown out this have to change! Make every thing we can. More than this Improvise, I say before hope for best prepare for worse.
Sarana x

Back
Top Bottom