How is the corona virus affecting you?

There seems to be competition to the odious Mike Ashley for the title of Britain's most unpopular business person. Tim Martin (Wetherspoons and Brexit fanatic) firstly insisted on keeping his pubs open until forced to close, then pretty much told his staff to go and take a running jump and forget any idea of being paid. Now he is telling suppliers they're not getting a penny, either. You could, perhaps, just about put up with this if this was a very small business, but Wetherspoons make huge profits and Martin is hardly short of a few bob.

Some supermarkets have engaged in social distancing. That is, customers can't get too close to others while waiting in line to cash out. This is getting so ridiculous!!:stop:

So our local pub The Black Horse has organised with their fruit and veg supplier to put together community veg boxes. Given that Lu and I are currently banned from shopping, getting this lot for just £15 this morning is simply amazing. It has meant that with everything going on we have not had to worry about keeping stocked with the basics and having to ask others for help. Old Aylestone is a fantastic community to live in.

There seems to be competition to the odious Mike Ashley for the title of Britain's most unpopular business person. Tim Martin (Wetherspoons and Brexit fanatic) firstly insisted on keeping his pubs open until forced to close, then pretty much told his staff to go and take a running jump and forget any idea of being paid. Now he is telling suppliers they're not getting a penny, either. You could, perhaps, just about put up with this if this was a very small business, but Wetherspoons make huge profits and Martin is hardly short of a few bob.
This kind of sits with my post above. When this is over we must all remember who stepped up and was supportive and who either profiteered or put themselves first.

Yesterday, the government added 'off licences' to the list of shops deemed essential and able to stay open! :ohmy:

Maybe this has something to do with tax revenue.
Or they know there'll be a riot if they cut off the booze supply!

I'm just really thankful he didn't stick those plungers on his butt cheeks. :ohmy:

Some supermarkets have engaged in social distancing. That is, customers can't get too close to others while waiting in line to cash out. This is getting so ridiculous!!:stop:
It's almost impossible to do what they're suggesting, even at a major supermarket. Two people passing with a cart, even in a big aisle, are going to violate that, especially since the shop chooses to litter up the aisle with some kind of display every few feet.

Last time I was at Kroger, I stood patiently behind a woman who was getting celery, doing my best social distancing. Just as she was moving away and I was stepping forward, another woman swooped in front of me to grab some celery as well - and there was plenty.

To most people, six feet apart looks like you're not even in any kind of line, and they'll walk right in and get in front of you. Who'm I kidding...they'll do it at three feet.

I can say that I do appreciate my KrogerPay, ApplePay, and various Scan-And-Go apps on my phone. I don't have to touch a single kiosk or interact with a cashier if I don't want to.

This is one of our local superstores (which is mostly closed) and this is the waiting area for carry oot (take away) food.

Just check bank and wages gone to staff so they OK they put food on table an pay bills. When Ray home we see what help can get so still have business when this all over. We own site where frames made so no rent. Stock is season oak so no rot last years. I sleep tonight know we do right thing.

Sarana x

So our local pub The Black Horse has organised with their fruit and veg supplier to put together community veg boxes. Given that Lu and I are currently banned from shopping, getting this lot for just £15 this morning is simply amazing. It has meant that with everything going on we have not had to worry about keeping stocked with the basics and having to ask others for help. Old Aylestone is a fantastic community to live in.View attachment 39026

Just need to decide what we are going to do with the squash and all those apples.

You may have heard this already, but I'm proud to say that Ford Motor Company is going to begin making respirators, face masks, and surgical masks. I've seen a detailed presentation, and the timeline is very aggressive. I'm hopeful that production will begin relatively soon. Here's an article on the topic that was posted 2 days ago:

Ford is using stock car parts to upgrade the design of ventilators and respirators

Even better, other companies (GM and Tesla, to name 2) are also planning something similar.

Back
Top Bottom