How is the corona virus affecting you?

There have been a few stories like that coming out - people coughing on produce, licking canned goods, etc. I know I mentioned it already, but it fits in with the purposely-damaged hamburger buns and Tylenol bottles I found at my local Kroger.

Two things that I've changed, somewhat without thinking:

1. Leftovers - we don't like leftovers, and during normal times, the amount of food we throw out is, frankly, rather obscene. I don't think I've thrown out a single morsel of food since this mess started.

2. Plastic freezer/storage bags - I've taken to saving clean ones, ones that didn't hold anything dirty, and reusing them. While they had some at the store last time I was there, they were picked over.

Went to Kroger at 7:15PM, very empty:

Fairly well stocked, I must say. No TP or cleaning supplies, of course, and ground beef was scant, but all the produce, bread, dairy, eggs, and even flu medicines a body could want. Booze was plentiful as well, so I grabbed a bottle of Prosecco for mimosas.

A few thoughts
Saranak
I am so happy for you. :woot: Having Ray home will greatly ease your mind and reduce your stress.
Grocery bags
When Stepson was a child (early 80') we went grocery shopping. At checkout the cashier asked "Paper or plastic?" referring to the bags
G did not hear her question so SS nudged him and asked "Dad - Do you want to pay with a check or credit card?"
I bring my own bags. Fabric and mesh. I have done so for years. I do not use the bags in the produce department. Produce goes into the basket loose. Makes G crazy

Whole Foods charges for paper bags, 10 cents apiece & about $1.85 for the stronger bags. I hate those paper bags!! I have to have them double the bags if I'm buying milk because one is not enough to hold them.

A few thoughts
Saranak
I am so happy for you. :woot: Having Ray home will greatly ease your mind and reduce your stress.
Grocery bags
When Stepson was a child (early 80') we went grocery shopping. At checkout the cashier asked "Paper or plastic?" referring to the bags
G did not hear her question so SS nudged him and asked "Dad - Do you want to pay with a check or credit card?"
I bring my own bags. Fabric and mesh. I have done so for years. I do not use the bags in the produce department. Produce goes into the basket loose. Makes G crazy
Grazie Elizabeth,
I pray every day he be OK seem God answer me.
I have use fabric bag for long time, better for environment.
Sarana x

I managed to do a bit of shopping today - first time out of the house for three days. It felt a bit like being in a surreal sci-fi movie.

At the greengrocer, only one customer at a time is allowed. You cannot go right into the shop, but have to tell them what you want. Still, they had some eggs, which was a nice surprise after a complete absence of them on Monday.

I also went to the "refill" shop. It gets even weirder in here. They get you to use hand sanitiser and then put on disposable gloves before you can fill your container. All very understandable, of course, but who would have imagined having to go through a rigmarole like this?

My 87-year old father still refuses to stay home. He goes to Kroger (groceries) EVERY day. He can't go to gym anymore because they are closed, as mandated by the State of Texas. But, he takes every opportunity to run some kind of errands, in addition to his daily trip to Kroger.

If he gets the virus, my 85-year-old mom will likely get it, too.

CD

My 87-year old father still refuses to stay home. He goes to Kroger (groceries) EVERY day. He can't go to gym anymore because they are closed, as mandated by the State of Texas. But, he takes every opportunity to run some kind of errands, in addition to his daily trip to Kroger.

If he gets the virus, my 85-year-old mom will likely get it, too.

CD
Wow, it's like we're siblings, because my parents do exactly the same thing, except for them it's Walmart and the local IGA.

Back
Top Bottom