How is the corona virus affecting you?

Looks good. :okay:
Made it again today and it went fast. Something about those ceramic coated cast iron Dutch ovens just adds to the experience too.

Neighbors are backing their cars into their garages when they unload their groceries. Guess they don't want anyone to see what they've found.
All the stores are discounting everything. I mean everything. News reports on TV reporting that stores are price gouging never show nor mention where.

TastyReuben
Nice. Think I need one. Should have gotten one years ago
They have some "deluxe" ones as well, meaning they have a little extra bit under the handle to hold your bags. I didn't get one, I just carry mine on one arm so they stay out of the way.

I do intend to order a liner for it, though, as I've lost some smaller items out of the cart while rolling along. :)

All the stores are discounting everything. I mean everything. News reports on TV reporting that stores are price gouging never show nor mention where.
One chain they mentioned here is Menard's (big box DIY store, based in Wisconsin). They doubled the price of bleach and a couple of other items (gloves, maybe?) overnight.

I never shopped much at Menard's anyway, but now I know I won't ever. It may seem petty on my part, but I remember crap like that for a long time.

The expensive delivery service for food is out of slots too now, and eggs and flour have been unavailable for two weeks. Problems with the supply chain are starting to be notable. I'm fine for flour but only have six eggs . I hope next week more eggs will be available.

Husband and I are still coughing and sniffing, but getting less of other symptoms so I think we're slowly on the mend. I hope we are because I am starting to miss going out for a shop and a chat.

Otherwise getting a bit tired of being unable to read or watch anything without Corona being mentioned. I 'm taking a Facebook break.

The expensive delivery service for food is out of slots too now, and eggs and flour have been unavailable for two weeks.

Eggs appear to be in short supply here.

However, this afternoon a friend brought us some quail eggs - 150 of them! (£2.40; $3.00).

We'll need a few of those for a decent omelette!

Eggs appear to be in short supply here.

However, this afternoon a friend brought us some quail eggs - 150 of them! (£2.40; $3.00).

We'll need a few of those for a decent omelette!

That is a lot of quail's eggs. Maybe you should make curry spiced pickled eggs with some of them. Top tip: hard boiled quail's eggs are a nightmare to peel. But if you immerse them in vinegar for ten minutes or so, the shells dissolve and can be easily peeled off.

That is a lot of quail's eggs. Maybe you should make curry spiced pickled eggs with some of them. Top tip: hard boiled quail's eggs are a nightmare to peel. But if you immerse them in vinegar for ten minutes or so, the shells dissolve and can be easily peeled off.

I shall try that. And I shall advise my egg peeling expert of your welcome suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom