How is the corona virus affecting you?

Thursday I dropped off a dozen eggs to the community center, for them to cook with. Donation. I donated 18 the previous week. Normally I'll sell some there to locals, but too complicated to set up sales so I figure the center (which supplies take out lunches to the community five days a week) can certainly use them.

Now that the eggs are finally ramping up in production!!!

At any rate, I'm storing them and when it is time to bring them over, I shower, scrub my hands down, take each egg one by one and wash it with an egg wash, and place them in a carton that hasn't been handled for at least six weeks (I have a small stack that people have given me over the winter). Then I drive them two miles to the community center, carrying them in with the most sterile of my hands. (I've been driving there one-handed, as there is no one on the roads to speak of, even prior to the virus).

tp logo.jpg

I amused myself this morning by creating this "meme". Feel free to pass along.

Today's outing: I brought my trash to the dump - we don't have pick up service here. I went to the post office, as we also don't have door to door mail service here, either.

I am happy to report that I feel good today, I have the residual cough but otherwise great. My isolation period ends today so I will be able to get to the supermarket tomorrow.

I hope everyone else here currently infected is on the mend.
Good to hear!

caseydog, Windigo, Wyshiepoo - how are you all feeling today?

Mostly pretty good. I still have a cough that will not go away.

On another note: Shopping for Low Sodium foods is frustrating. Everything has sodium in it -- too much in many products.

CD
I had pneumonia years ago, maybe 1998 or so, and I still get nagging coughs all the time. Weirdly, I have a difficult time speaking on a phone - something about how a person naturally adjusts their voice to speak into a receiver, it sets off my coughing every time.

When MrsTasty has her heart attack last year, until we got further information from more in-depth testing, I bought a bunch of low sodium foods for her. You learn really quickly that there's a difference between "lower sodium" and true "low sodium," even though they all say they're low sodium.

Ciao,
So south Italia left alone again!!
Vincenzo De Luca is president in Campania say all ventilator an other equipment promised no come!! As we say if live south off Roma you no matter to government!! So now what happen? They promise to be arrive Giovedì still no come!!
Bastardo Giuseppe Conte Bastardo!!!
I so angry. But we fight we always fight we survive many time and again we survive. This time we never forgive. I pray God forgive Giuseppe Conte we will not!!

Sarana x

I am concerned about Mother. She will be 89 in August. I have noticed a little bit of forgetfulness- nothing major
I can be forgetful.
My 40 year old nephew died in a car crash in September. Since then Mother has become more forgetful, distracted and confused . Her doctor said she is suffering from the early stages of dementia.
With all of this Covid19 insanity her stress level has escalated. Her blood pressure has been high even with her medications. She has the TV on the news channel all day . We, her children, have asked her to limit her news watching to the local news - an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening. Not happening. Mother is disturbed by not being able to go to Mass. She is afraid- afraid for her children, grandchildren, great grandchildren and herself. All of her children visit over the phone every day . Not enough
She needs hugs. she needs to cook a meal and have her family gather
I am so glad that Baby Brother and niece live with her

I am concerned about Mother. She will be 89 in August. I have noticed a little bit of forgetfulness- nothing major
I can be forgetful.
My 40 year old nephew died in a car crash in September. Since then Mother has become more forgetful, distracted and confused . Her doctor said she is suffering from the early stages of dementia.
With all of this Covid19 insanity her stress level has escalated. Her blood pressure has been high even with her medications. She has the TV on the news channel all day . We, her children, have asked her to limit her news watching to the local news - an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening. Not happening. Mother is disturbed by not being able to go to Mass. She is afraid- afraid for her children, grandchildren, great grandchildren and herself. All of her children visit over the phone every day . Not enough
She needs hugs. she needs to cook a meal and have her family gather
I am so glad that Baby Brother and niece live with her
For what worth Bella give my hugs to you mama.

Sarana x

By a quirk of fate I am now getting more fresh food than ever. Riverford changed their orders so now we can only get veg, fruit, some meat, and some recipe boxes, plus eggs and milk, so that every one of their regular customers will get something good every week. Unfortunately that has meant that my alternate week dairy plus some other items order has gone out of the window, and to cap it all what is left on those weeks is far less than their minimum order. They have now put me back on what I used to get a few years ago, i.e. a veg box every week plus 3 litres of milk and half a dozen eggs, so I'll be living on stir fries, veggie stews and curries, and soup I expect. I've ditched my daily cheese sandwich in favour of a jacket potato with either cheese and herbs or baked beans. Eggs are for breakfast or baking. I have some meat in the freezer and plenty of chicken (bought for the dog but class A human grade so I can pinch some of it). I have rice and flour and butter, plus I got a supermarket delivery of cereals, tea, coffee, chocolate, chocolate biscuits, and non-(human)food essentials a couple of days before the panic buying kicked in. I definitely will not starve.

Back
Top Bottom