How is the corona virus affecting you?

Here's an absurdity: vast quantities of food that were intended for the catering trade, schools and colleges are lying around in warehouses, being left to rot because they cannot, apparently, be sold to the public. What a world.
OK if can not sell give to food bank no let rot.

Sarana x

Here's an absurdity: vast quantities of food that were intended for the catering trade, schools and colleges are lying around in warehouses, being left to rot because they cannot, apparently, be sold to the public. What a world.

Same here makes me so angry especially with the shortages at hand but they refuse to sell them at a lower price and prefer to let it rot..

That is a lot of quail's eggs. Maybe you should make curry spiced pickled eggs with some of them. Top tip: hard boiled quail's eggs are a nightmare to peel. But if you immerse them in vinegar for ten minutes or so, the shells dissolve and can be easily peeled off.

The lady who supplied the eggs normally supplies them to two open local markets but now both markets have been closed.

[Edit: c. 50 of the eggs have already been gifted to a neighbour]

Last edited:
Otherwise getting a bit tired of being unable to read or watch anything without Corona being mentioned. I 'm taking a Facebook break.
I get the same way, just so fatigued by the whole thing. My wife, OTOH, just reads and reads and reads all this stuff, and the worse the news, or the sadder the news, she has to tell me. :(

Am worried about you folks in the US by the way, how do you feel about the current situation in your country?
Well, the worst is in New York, and it's scary reading the news from there. We're in Ohio, so several hours by car from NY, and we don't have nearly the cases they have, 1137 with 19 deaths so far, out of about 10M Ohions. Geographically, we're about the same size as Austria.

However, we get daily briefs from our state governor and our state health department head, and they're painting a pretty grim picture for us. She's saying the peak here will likely be sometime in May, and where we're seeing maybe 300 or so new cases today, to steel ourselves for 4,000...6,000...10,000 new cases a day for days on end, until this passes. :(

People we talk to seem to be one of two extremes: it's either the end of the world and this is how life's going to be from now on, or saying it's just the flu, everybody relax already. We see friends on FB mocking the whole social distancing thing, talking about "quarantining" at a large family gathering, etc. Then my wife talked to someone yesterday (phone) who's daughter is a nurse in Michigan, the next state up, and her daughter's a nurse, and was crying because they don't have enough equipment. She said, "We're literally sending people home to die, because we can't help them."

That's probably our state in two or three weeks.

One thing that I think is helping here, though: states have great leeway individually in how they manage this. In a general sense, the federal govt gives a state money and resources, and then largely leaves them alone to deal with it. That's why testing criteria will be different from state to state.

We seem to be lucky in that we've got a governor who took this stuff seriously from the beginning, so Ohio has been a little bit ahead of the curve in that respect, but it's only a matter of time before it gets worse.

I get the same way, just so fatigued by the whole thing. My wife, OTOH, just reads and reads and reads all this stuff, and the worse the news, or the sadder the news, she has to tell me. :(

Well, the worst is in New York, and it's scary reading the news from there. We're in Ohio, so several hours by car from NY, and we don't have nearly the cases they have, 1137 with 19 deaths so far, out of about 10M Ohions. Geographically, we're about the same size as Austria.

However, we get daily briefs from our state governor and our state health department head, and they're painting a pretty grim picture for us. She's saying the peak here will likely be sometime in May, and where we're seeing maybe 300 or so new cases today, to steel ourselves for 4,000...6,000...10,000 new cases a day for days on end, until this passes. :(

People we talk to seem to be one of two extremes: it's either the end of the world and this is how life's going to be from now on, or saying it's just the flu, everybody relax already. We see friends on FB mocking the whole social distancing thing, talking about "quarantining" at a large family gathering, etc. Then my wife talked to someone yesterday (phone) who's daughter is a nurse in Michigan, the next state up, and her daughter's a nurse, and was crying because they don't have enough equipment. She said, "We're literally sending people home to die, because we can't help them."

That's probably our state in two or three weeks.

One thing that I think is helping here, though: states have great leeway individually in how they manage this. In a general sense, the federal govt gives a state money and resources, and then largely leaves them alone to deal with it. That's why testing criteria will be different from state to state.

We seem to be lucky in that we've got a governor who took this stuff seriously from the beginning, so Ohio has been a little bit ahead of the curve in that respect, but it's only a matter of time before it gets worse.
I see New York on news it look as war zone.
Sarana x

You ain't seen nothing yet!

50 Thai village people trouping around the house of an (allegedly) infected person, three times to exorcise the Coronavirus!

We're still in the dark ages over here!

They are then likely to all gather together to drink Lao Khow (a local unregulated rice whiskey) probably sharing glasses, until they are all paralletic without a care in the world.

COVID 19 is affecting my posting here :( I know, first world problems lol. My work week is silly busy. I know longer have any down time whatsoever to quickly pop in. I believe its only going to get worse. Then when I get home I'm exhausted. On WED my old man feet hurt like heck. It even hurt standing in the hot shower lol. OT wasn't too bad this week. I only put in 7 hours. I do think that will pick up over the next few months.

I can't complain too much. I still have a job. I'm collecting a check, and I still have my health.

Take care everyone and try to stay healthy.

This is frightening - and its in your village?

No, it's a few kilometres away (about 20). Apparently the theory is a bit more complicated but whatever the theory, the practice is what it is.

Actually my village (baan) is within the city boundary. That's not to say that they are not as stupid here though!

Back
Top Bottom