How is the corona virus affecting you?

I do not use the bags in the produce department. Produce goes into the basket loose. Makes G crazy
That was the most frustrating thing from shopping last night - those blasted produce and meat bags!

I absolutely cannot get those open without wetting a finger. Simply impossible. I do bag my produce (because I don't want plums rolling around the cart) and meat (because they can leak meat juice).

I must have gone through ripping/destroying 15 of those bags last night, standing there trying to shake them open, use a fingernail, whatever. No good. I ended up getting several of the heavy-duty bags, then tearing a bit in the top, which exposed enough of the edge that I could get it open.

One other thing...I got a grandma cart for Christmas (I asked for it) because I like to park about a quarter-mile away and walk into Kroger for a bit of exercise.

Everybody in my family laughed at me, even a couple of the employees that I'm on friendly terms with at Kroger have teased me a bit about that.

Now, I look like a freaking genius. Since all this started, I've had strangers ask me where to get one, how much they cost, because now, having your own personal shopping cart doesn't seem like such a bad idea. 🤔

Ciao,

I hear from Luca, people are on Balcony and window singing thousands is singing SSC Anthem!
First time since this hell start I wish I home.
Luca Keira an Carlo good.
Napoli tight apartment block in Citta if this evil take hold it decimate us! 10 -12 to home, 3 -4 generation in same place 5 -8 family same floor. 2000 in Campania have. Only time now. Luca say people stay wait and pray.
We Napulitani strong and survive many thing this I no sure. I happy my people sing defiance we have always.
I pray for them an pray for all.
God help us!

Sarana x

Ciao,
My daughter Maria send text she live Camden. She go supermarket and she see few female products on shelf! These become hoard also?
This may no be place but, if ladies find certain item difficult find then send message me, I come poor place when young we made own. I explain how. Forgive if I offend.

Sarana x

Last edited:
Same here @
One other thing...I got a grandma cart for Christmas (I asked for it) because I like to park about a quarter-mile away and walk into Kroger for a bit of exercise.
I've used these since my 20s. I used to live a 15 minute walk from the longest market in Europe (1mile) so shopped there most Saturdays.

Same here @

I've used these since my 20s. I used to live a 15 minute walk from the longest market in Europe (1mile) so shopped there most Saturdays.
I think they're a lot more common there than they are here, except for maybe large cities. I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen one used in the US in my entire life, and then it's always been senior citizens.

When we lived in the UK, I'd see them every day, mostly older people, but plenty of younger people, too. Hence, all the teasing from my friends and family, and all the questions of "What exactly is that thing?!" :)

Ciao,
Is strange I use to hate what thing was when I young, little food, go barefoot most time I had one pair shoe for school an church an two dress. Mama an Nonna make meal from nothing, sometime Papa came with something from dock. But, I now see it give me something I forget, see no thing is granted.
This hell take me back, again I see it not what have in purse or wallet is what in heart for family, friend neighbour.
I in many way been spoiled as I did my Bambini, I want give what I never have, I forget what I come from. I find so easy go buy things I never dream off in 60's in Napoli. We stick together if family have nothing we share what we have together. I ashamed say I lose this.
Last time in Napoli I walk in fine dress an shoes but after all I have now I still need remember I still Sarana Barrechi I still girl that steal apple of market so I eat at school an stare through ristorante window.
I lose pride in what I am before this, I never lose again, for all fine thing I have I still have heart off grubby little Napulitano ragazza. I find my Umiltà once more.

God keep you

Sarana x

Ciao,
My daughter Maria send text she live Camden. She go supermarket and she see few female products on shelf! These become hoard also?
This may no be place but, if ladies find certain item difficult find then send message me, I come poor place when young we made own. I explain how. Forgive if I offend.

Sarana x
No way are you offending. We need all the help we can get right now. For me no problem with female products - I'm past that stage!
I have to admit, due to the age of my wife and the fact that "I'm no lady, :)))" my first reaction to your post, Saranak, was, "What, people are panic-buying nail polish or something?" :shy:

No way are you offending. We need all the help we can get right now. For me no problem with female products - I'm past that stage!

Me too, thank goodness, though mine was surgical.

Thinking about it, that area, along with adult diapers, did look a bit light.. there were baby diapers though.

My Niece has Cerebral Palsy. She uses adult diapers. When they returned home from the hospital Sis was down to 6 diapers . Baby Brother ran all over to find enough to last until Sister's online order arrives.

I think they're a lot more common there than they are here, except for maybe large cities. I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen one used in the US in my entire life, and then it's always been senior citizens.

When we lived in the UK, I'd see them every day, mostly older people, but plenty of younger people, too. Hence, all the teasing from my friends and family, and all the questions of "What exactly is that thing?!" :)

They are more common in NYC where many people don't own cars.

CD

Back
Top Bottom