How is the corona virus affecting you?

Apples: meat pies (pork and apple), apple cake, a big Dutch baby apple pancake.

Squash: soup, maybe, or throw them at someone and take their apples.

I seem to remember seeing an apple and squash soup recipe somewhere. Google is your friend!

We don't have all the ingredients we would need so maybe I will give something a go next week as I will still be off.

Also, there's talk that you can't come back with the same bags that you've used before. You have to use a new bag, supposedly to keep germs away! They charge for those bags & now, you can only use them once?!! Ridiculous!!:mad::stop::ninja:

Also, there's talk that you can't come back with the same bags that you've used before. You have to use a new bag, supposedly to keep germs away! They charge for those bags & now, you can only use them once?!! Ridiculous!!:mad::stop::ninja:

Don't they offer plastic bags at the store? They don't charge for those and they can go in the recycling.

Yes, they DO charge for them. Since they are doing that, if so, then they should refund the price of them & don't charge for new ones.

It depends on the state/municipality. Right before all this CV stuff hit, Cincinnati was about to introduce a bill to ban them after 2025, but I think that got sidelined.

I wonder if most stores still offer paper bags. It used to be "Paper or plastic"?
Kroger does, and they'll ask about half the time. I know the few employees I've talked to about it hate the reusable bags. :)

Back in 1992, the very first time I went to a high street shop in the UK village we'd just moved to, I of course didn't bring a bag.

Wasn't a problem, though. The woman at the till rang my purchases, then unrolled a giant roll of brown paper, chucked all my stuff in, wrapped it up, then tied it into a bundle, neat as you please.

"Oh, I'm soooo going to love it here!," and I did. :)

Back
Top Bottom