How is the corona virus affecting you?

I’m one handed on my mobile from hospital so I’ll just put all my news in here as the damn virus and the stupid hoarders are what started this journey in a way.

Hubby & I were getting ready very early on Saturday to go to get our weekly shopping in the hope of being able to purchase some Glen20 (like Lysol).

We’ve been having issues with our 2 male dogs fighting for dominance and they got into it in the kitchen when I accidentally let them into the same space trying to get a load of laundry on while hubby was showering.

We were both bitten in the melee trying to break them up. We are both in hospital for a second night following surgery to my left hand and his left fore arm.

Previous to all this I’d had a scratchy throat for a few days that I was hoping was hay fever as now that we’ve finally been getting some rain all the grasses are going to seed. Not sure if it’s the high dose of IV antibiotics or being properly hydrated or what but the sore scratchy throat and mild cough have abated.

Very grateful the public hospital here were able to keep OH & I together as his anxiety would be thru the roof in this environment - he has generalized anxiety and chronic social anxiety. We have family that work here that aren’t in a position to really pull any strings but they did tell the ER nurses to look after us and the ER nurses must have had a chat to someone. The ward nurses didn’t realize we are hubby and wife and each time they find out they are amazed as this is not a situation you normally get with couples being kept together. The hospital is busy of course and done areas are dealing with the virus but all the scheduled surgeries have been cancelled until it’s safer to have people in here when there is another choice.

I’m one handed on my mobile from hospital so I’ll just put all my news in here as the damn virus and the stupid hoarders are what started this journey in a way.

Hubby & I were getting ready very early on Saturday to go to get our weekly shopping in the hope of being able to purchase some Glen20 (like Lysol).

We’ve been having issues with our 2 male dogs fighting for dominance and they got into it in the kitchen when I accidentally let them into the same space trying to get a load of laundry on while hubby was showering.

We were both bitten in the melee trying to break them up. We are both in hospital for a second night following surgery to my left hand and his left fore arm.

Previous to all this I’d had a scratchy throat for a few days that I was hoping was hay fever as now that we’ve finally been getting some rain all the grasses are going to seed. Not sure if it’s the high dose of IV antibiotics or being properly hydrated or what but the sore scratchy throat and mild cough have abated.

Very grateful the public hospital here were able to keep OH & I together as his anxiety would be thru the roof in this environment - he has generalized anxiety and chronic social anxiety. We have family that work here that aren’t in a position to really pull any strings but they did tell the ER nurses to look after us and the ER nurses must have had a chat to someone. The ward nurses didn’t realize we are hubby and wife and each time they find out they are amazed as this is not a situation you normally get with couples being kept together. The hospital is busy of course and done areas are dealing with the virus but all the scheduled surgeries have been cancelled until it’s safer to have people in here when there is another choice.
Yikes! I hope you're both mended up and home soon. Who's looking after the dogs?

Having been unable to find a bar of soap anywhere in our few remaining local shops, we managed to buy some online. We now have some African black soap, which is all a bit hipster. Actually, I've used it before, when I worked in Accra. That should keep us clean for a bit.

Get well soon both.
Sarana x

Windigo when I get muscle cramps it is one of two things or both - dehydration and/low potassium.
Hope you both feel better soon.

Frizz1974 :hyper: That's crazy - a bad soap. "Couple hospitalized for dog bites in the middle of a pandemic "
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
Seriously- I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this with everything else going on. Hope you heal quickly. 🤒

I have not been to the national chain stores in over a week. I have been shopping my neighborhood market and local produce market and a Louisiana based supermarket chain.
When we shopped for plants we went to a regional big box store instead of a national chain.
I am keeping an eye on the T paper. When supplies get down to a week I will order online to avoid having to run from one store to another.

I am keeping an eye on the T paper. When supplies get down to a week I will order online to avoid having to run from one store to another.

Might want to do that sooner rather than later. I ordered TP from Amazon back at the beginning of the month and am still waiting. Fortunately, I was able to snag some from Walmart online. We'd be in big trouble otherwise.

Well Ray is home tomorrow, can not wait see him. Miss him so bad. I think he need feeding up. I start make Porchetta for him. I really think I loose him when he go hospital make worse because I could not go see him. I thank God he OK.

Sarana x

Well Ray is home tomorrow, can not wait see him. Miss him so bad. I think he need feeding up. I start make Porchetta for him. I really think I loose him when he go hospital make worse because I could not go see him. I thank God he OK.

Sarana x

So do I . Grazie dio.

Husband and I are still not better, both coughing and sniffing still and it's worse at night. Plus I have muscle cramps again and he's got an upset stomach. Normally flu takes a max of a week to pass for us so this is highly unusual. But we're ok, so many who have ( suspected) Corona are much worse off so we thank our lucky stars.

I still have fits of coughing a month after it started. I've read that it can easily go on for another month. So, you may be stuck with it for awhile.

CD

Having been unable to find a bar of soap anywhere in our few remaining local shops, we managed to buy some online. We now have some African black soap, which is all a bit hipster. Actually, I've used it before, when I worked in Accra. That should keep us clean for a bit.

I travel a lot, well did travel a lot. I always snagged the extra hotel soap (perfectly legal, as they are expendables). I have a basket full of hotel soaps. I don't think I have bought a bar of soap in 20 years.

CD

I travel a lot, well did travel a lot. I always snagged the extra hotel soap (perfectly legal, as they are expendables). I have a basket full of hotel soaps. I don't think I have bought a bar of soap in 20 years.

CD
We do similarly. Whenever I need soap, lotion, shampoo, conditioner, or mouthwash, I know to raid the drawers in the two bathrooms. :)

Back
Top Bottom