How is the corona virus affecting you?

I’m one handed on my mobile from hospital so I’ll just put all my news in here as the damn virus and the stupid hoarders are what started this journey in a way.

Hubby & I were getting ready very early on Saturday to go to get our weekly shopping in the hope of being able to purchase some Glen20 (like Lysol).

We’ve been having issues with our 2 male dogs fighting for dominance and they got into it in the kitchen when I accidentally let them into the same space trying to get a load of laundry on while hubby was showering.

We were both bitten in the melee trying to break them up. We are both in hospital for a second night following surgery to my left hand and his left fore arm.

Previous to all this I’d had a scratchy throat for a few days that I was hoping was hay fever as now that we’ve finally been getting some rain all the grasses are going to seed. Not sure if it’s the high dose of IV antibiotics or being properly hydrated or what but the sore scratchy throat and mild cough have abated.

Very grateful the public hospital here were able to keep OH & I together as his anxiety would be thru the roof in this environment - he has generalized anxiety and chronic social anxiety. We have family that work here that aren’t in a position to really pull any strings but they did tell the ER nurses to look after us and the ER nurses must have had a chat to someone. The ward nurses didn’t realize we are hubby and wife and each time they find out they are amazed as this is not a situation you normally get with couples being kept together. The hospital is busy of course and done areas are dealing with the virus but all the scheduled surgeries have been cancelled until it’s safer to have people in here when there is another choice.

:hug: hope you both get through this ok.

Well Ray is home tomorrow, can not wait see him. Miss him so bad. I think he need feeding up. I start make Porchetta for him. I really think I loose him when he go hospital make worse because I could not go see him. I thank God he OK.

Sarana x

Great news. But don't you need to self isolate any more? What are the instructions from the hospital?

Yikes! I hope you're both mended up and home soon. Who's looking after the dogs?

My 19yo daughter took 11yo Loki to the vet then home to her place. Loki is her best friend. My 16yo son & 18yo nephew are at our place with giant pup Cube.

last night daughter went to our place to cook dinner with the boys and get them cleaning up & doing laundry.

my teens are both pretty good humans

Last edited by a moderator:
Just sold my HT Kingswood sedan a couple of months ago. It needs a lot of love & $$ but I think the neighbour who bought it will put in the dollars and time. It was in pretty good shape having always been garaged until my selfish baby brother moved home to my elderly parents and pushed it out into the yard so he could store his crap in the shed.

fun fact. I was made in an 64 EH Kingswood & Dad followed that up in 1974 by buying a second hand Daytona Bronze HT Monaro coupe.

I fell in love with the 03 Audi TT. It’s like a bug & a Porsche has a love child.

What would you give for a Monaro now eh?

Russ

I travel a lot, well did travel a lot. I always snagged the extra hotel soap (perfectly legal, as they are expendables). I have a basket full of hotel soaps. I don't think I have bought a bar of soap in 20 years.

CD

Lol, you should see the big bag in my bedroom wardrobe. Soap for Africa, shower caps, razors, cotton n needles, shoe shine pads etc. no shampoo ATM,lol

Russ

detroitdad 🙏 for your daughter.
G travels a lot . He always brought home soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion and the list goes on
His very good intention was to donate to the veterans home in Alexandria- 1 1/4 hours away. Never Happened. When I no longer had room for toilet paper in the vanity cabinet I pitched a rare but furious fit. ENOUGH! So - some went to his hunting camp, some to his fishing camp and the rest was donated to the women's and children's shelter.
OOPS! Maybe should have kept some.
Actually not a problem.

detroitdad 🙏 for your daughter.
G travels a lot . He always brought home soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion and the list goes on
His very good intention was to donate to the veterans home in Alexandria- 1 1/4 hours away. Never Happened. When I no longer had room for toilet paper in the vanity cabinet I pitched a rare but furious fit. ENOUGH! So - some went to his hunting camp, some to his fishing camp and the rest was donated to the women's and children's shelter.
OOPS! Maybe should have kept some.
Actually not a problem.
Plenty of tp here, 2 min wait for shops, raining so no wait today. The factory is only 20 mins away, I don't get the panic buying of tp.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom