How is the corona virus affecting you?

Boyfriend tested positive yesterday, just 2 days before my birthday :( According to current regulations in my country I don't need to isolate since I have no symptoms and I've got my booster shot, but I need to take a covid test tomorrow. The sensible thing for me to do is to isolate, since I work from home, my pantry is full and I don't really need to go out, on the other hand, I know a handful of people who tested positive or started showing symptoms on the last day of their isolation period, and if that happens with me, I would have to isolate at home for 14 days straight - definitely too much even for a homebody like me. And if our health authorities don't think I need to isolate, who am I to know better?

On the other hand, my airfryer has arrived in the store and I would need to leave the house and take public transport to pick it up. And I was really looking forward to trying an airfryer falafel recipe :cry:

The COVID holiday in the US is over. Europe's Omicron Stealth BA.2 variant has begun to increase US cases again.

:mad:

The COVID holiday in the US is over. Europe's Omicron Stealth BA.2 variant has begun to increase US cases again.

:mad:
The subvariant BA.2 is about 50% more contagious so infection rate will spike a bit for sure, but that was factored in long ago back in December. Most omicron infections worldwide are dominated by the BA.2 mutation now. It's not something to be worried about but I suspect some media will portray it in a different light. Countries that have a 0 covid policy BA.2 will go through the population very quickly basically rendering their policy ineffective, like China for example and I think there's a couple of other Asian Countries and New Zealand for example.

W
The subvariant BA.2 is about 50% more contagious so infection rate will spike a bit for sure, but that was factored in long ago back in December. Most omicron infections worldwide are dominated by the BA.2 mutation now. It's not something to be worried about but I suspect some media will portray it in a different light. Countries that have a 0 covid policy BA.2 will go through the population very quickly basically rendering their policy ineffective, like China for example and I think there's a couple of other Asian Countries and New Zealand for example.
We are still getting off lightly. 3 of my sons family have it atm.
My bestie and his wife have it also.

Russ

W

We are still getting off lightly. 3 of my sons family have it atm.
My bestie and his wife have it also.

Russ
Yeah I've been following NZ and AUS with special interest from the beginning. Being Islands in the South Pacific it kind of made sense that a 0 policy might be considered but even then almost all Scientists I followed on this said it's doubtful that would work because a Country can't be locked down indefinitely and eventually the virus will penetrate and I agreed with that, especially considering the negative and long term social and economical impact that might be inflicted from the strict mitigation that a 0 covid policy would require.

Well after 2 years NZ has what less that 150 total deaths with a population of 5 million with just under half a million infections. So by allowing the nation to mostly avoid earlier, more deadly variants and buying time to get people vaccinated the deaths have been extremely low with Omicron. So yeah, NZ is getting off lightly and some would say luckily. Cheers.

Its more or less back to normal here in terms of regulations. However, latest stats say 1 in 20 in the UK have Covid. The dominant variant is milder in general but has resulted in a significant increase in hospitalisations. I'm still being cautious and waiting...

How are you feeling since you tested positive?
Pretty normal TR. A bit of a tickle in my throat and the sniffles for a few days and that's been it, and was gone when eventually tested positive. Being 69 and knowing that people over 60 are where about 98% of all deaths occur had me a little more cautious than normal even though I'm in pretty good health but when all you hear is be worried you might die, it can get to you lol. Still tested positive today.

Its more or less back to normal here in terms of regulations. However, latest stats say 1 in 20 in the UK have Covid. The dominant variant is milder in general but has resulted in a significant increase in hospitalisations. I'm still being cautious and waiting...
But not in deaths MG, which is a positive indication that normalcy is the right policy. Stay safe and do what you think is right. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom