How is the corona virus affecting you?

The pandemic seems to have gone down in Massachusetts. Some stores have lifted the mandatory wearing of masks- though both the MBTA & Amtrak still want you to wear them while on the buses, trains & in stations. Airlines still want you to wear them at the airport & on the planes. :ninja:

Last edited:
flyinglentris - hey, is your rash getting better?

Yes. Now that I have identified the cause as being my use of Selsun Blue and discontinuing usage, yes, it is going away. I figure it will still take some time to clear up completely. When something like this happens to you, it is next to god awful worrisome, especially when you don't know what it is and your primary care doesn't either. The dermatologist appointment has a long waiting list too, so things were looking bleak, until I did some rationalizing and figured out on my own that Selsun Blue was the cause. I got lucky with my troubleshooting and damn glad that I am intelligent enough to be able to use my noodle in a rational and not reactive way.

It's an excellent example of how I remain cool, calm and willing to suffer without screaming for pity or whining for attention when affected by something like this. It's another case of getting through something bad in life that could have gone on for a long time, if I had continued to use Selsun Blue without knowing that it was the cause. :okay:

So, before mainstream media and the fear mongers get to you there is a new variant called XE. This is basically a recombinant variant of BA.1 and BA.2 with BA.2 the prevalent variant right now. A recombinant variant is basically produced when a host is infected with both variants at the same time, then a mutation takes place and that is exactly what happened. For example when Delta was the prominent variant and Omicron came into the picture the same thing happened and was called the XD variant and people called it Deltacron but went nowhere as well as XT with less than 10 cases in France and Belgium.

XE is omicron but is slightly more contagious that BA.2, around 10% so this will eventually become the prominent variant over time. Which generally means main stream media won't run with the fear mongering for a while I suspect. For example when Omicron came out it was 500 % more contagious than Delta and consequently the big spikes around the world. Then BA.2 immerged with about 50% more transmissible. This is mostly from UK data because they're still doing a lot of sequencing where most countries have either stopped or doing very little. It could be called the UK variant much like the Delta was initially discovered in Africa and was called the African variant. Anyway immune escape is pretty minimal and no more dangerous. At this point in time there is very little to be concerned about. Cheers.

Last edited:
So, before mainstream media and the fear mongers get to you there is a new variant called XE. This is basically a recombinant variant of BA.1 and BA.2 with BA.2 the prevalent variant right now. A recombinant variant is basically produced when a host is infected with both variants at the same time, then a mutation takes place and that is exactly what happened. For example when Delta was the prominent variant and Omicron came into the picture the same thing happened and was called the XD variant and people called it Deltacron but went nowhere as well as XT with less than 10 cases in France and Belgium.

XE is omicron but is slightly more contagious that BA.2, around 10% so this will eventually become the prominent variant over time. Which generally means main stream media won't run with the fear mongering for a while I suspect. For example when Omicron came out it was 500 % more contagious than Delta and consequently the big spikes around the world. Then BA.2 immerged with about 50% more transmissible. This is mostly from UK data because they're still doing a lot of sequencing where most countries have either stopped or doing very little. It could be called the UK variant much like the Delta was initially discovered in Africa and was called the African variant. Anyway immune escape is pretty minimal and no more dangerous. At this point in time there is very little to be concerned about. Cheers.

Thanks! I'll be sure to avoid the mainstream media, and only get my news from the internet. :okay:

CD

Well, well…today was the first doc’s appointment I’ve been to since everything tanked where I didn’t have to call in from the parking area or even wear a mask. Now, I can officially proclaim that, as far as day-to-day life goes, it’s 100% back to pre-covid days around here, if one so chooses.

I’d gotten a new primary care doc right after covid started (nurse practitioner, actually), so today is the first I’ve ever seen her without her mask on. Hand to god, when she walked into the exam room, I thought, “Who the hell is that?” :laugh:

Apparently in the last couple of weeks 1 in 15 people in the UK have covid. It's not even considered a thing anymore by most it seems despite bring more prevalent than ever. Masks and sanitising still happen in hospitals, but everywhere else it's back to normal.

Sadly, that is why I'm even more apprehensive about going out to a pub or restaurant. My booster jab 'immunity' is probably waining. If distancing and masks were in place I'd probably go out to a pub garden. Last summer if you went to a pub garden you were served at the table. Now you have to go into a potentially crowded bar. Its worse for anyone who is vulnerable right now than it was last year.

Apparently in the last couple of weeks 1 in 15 people in the UK have covid. It's not even considered a thing anymore by most it seems despite bring more prevalent than ever. Masks and sanitising still happen in hospitals, but everywhere else it's back to normal.
The way they’re reporting it here, the latest strain is so mild, most people don’t need to be concerned about it.

I’m still getting my second booster (fourth shot) in July this year, in preparation of coming over there to see all you all in September!

Yeah - for most people it probably is. Maybe I should be braver... my biggest fear is it affecting my heart which is prone to doing strange things.
I don’t think you should do anything you’re not comfortable with. At some point, though, I’m betting you’re really going to want to rejoin the world-at-large a bit more, even if it’s just popping down to your corner shop or to the pub for a quick one.

Back
Top Bottom