How is the corona virus affecting you?

I don’t think you should do anything you’re not comfortable with. At some point, though, I’m betting you’re really going to want to rejoin the world-at-large a bit more, even if it’s just popping down to your corner shop or to the pub for a quick one.

I expect so. I've already gone stir crazy though. I mean, why did I buy that milk frother when I don't drink coffee?

Here's some info reguarding the mask mandate. Seems that it has be lifted in some aspects. :whistling:

Live updates: Mask mandate for travelers no longer in effect
Yeah, I saw that. All the airline stocks went up today because of that. They had been lagging for quite awhile. I bought shares when they took a hit last year (LUV--Southwest and UAL--United Airlines) so I am up. I am not so certain that they are really big money makers in the long run, however. I am just not sure that air travel is ever going to be what it once was, regardless of lifting mask mandates, because I think a lot of business travel has gone by the wayside. Some people will continue to use it (caseydog) and other self-employed individuals, plus some corportate employees like two of my daughters, but many people will continue to work from home. I think I will probably take some of my money off the table before they rescind it, LOL.

Yeah, I saw that. All the airline stocks went up today because of that. They had been lagging for quite awhile. I bought shares when they took a hit last year (LUV--Southwest and UAL--United Airlines) so I am up. I am not so certain that they are really big money makers in the long run, however. I am just not sure that air travel is ever going to be what it once was, regardless of lifting mask mandates, because I think a lot of business travel has gone by the wayside. Some people will continue to use it (caseydog) and other self-employed individuals, plus some corportate employees like two of my daughters, but many people will continue to work from home. I think I will probably take some of my money off the table before they rescind it, LOL.

I wonder if Amtrak lifted it. Some places in NYC haven't relaxed it yet. :ninja:

I wonder if Amtrak lifted it. Some places in NYC haven't relaxed it yet. :ninja:
I understand other people may choose to not wear a mask anymore and it's their right if the mandates are lifted, but I am going to continue to do so. I really liked not getting very many colds over the past couple of years. And, I have family members with weak immune systems I like to spend time with, so I don't want to get them sick so they end up in a hospital.

I'm flying today. It will be interesting to see what people actually do in the airports and on planes.

CD

While fully vaccinated passengers/people don't need to produce a negative PCR test entering Canada anymore they will need to continue to wear a mask for 14 days. This drives people absolutely batty and just supports the negative and skeptical dialog that's been going on from the very beginning of the pandemic with logic like this. Cheers lol

While fully vaccinated passengers/people don't need to produce a negative PCR test entering Canada anymore they will need to continue to wear a mask for 14 days. This drives people absolutely batty and just supports the negative and skeptical dialog that's been going on from the very beginning of the pandemic with logic like this. Cheers lol

I am at DFW airport right now, and maybe 10-percent of people are wearing masks.

Covid infections are going up, but I think people are just worn out on wearing masks. I still wear one in crowded places, but if I can distance myself, I just do that. Airplane air is pretty well filtered, to the best of my research, so I'm not too concerned.

CD

I am at DFW airport right now, and maybe 10-percent of people are wearing masks.

Covid infections are going up, but I think people are just worn out on wearing masks. I still wear one in crowded places, but if I can distance myself, I just do that. Airplane air is pretty well filtered, to the best of my research, so I'm not too concerned.

CD

Hope you have a good flight.

CD
Your right, the air in a plane is about as good as it gets in a situation like that. Problem with masks in planes besides small children screaming like they were being eviscerated is food time when most people drop the mask and feed, and I suspect eating time on planes in the last couple of years is taking longer than normal as well, it is what it is I guess.

I traveled on the MBTA yesterday, & even though the mask mandate has been lifted,on some rapid transit lines such as the Green & Red Lines, some of the trains still have on the intercom that face coverings are required. So it seems that they have not changed the ruling which should now say that it is an option. But none of the divers have asked any of the passengers to mear a mask. :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom