How is the corona virus affecting you?

The nurse is really intelligent and that's what got me. Her hubby a pilot for air new Zealand.
This virus makes people do strange things.

Russ
I was at the doctor getting my pneumonia shot and since it was just a vaccine, I saw a nurse instead. I was talking with the nurse and asking if she had her pneumonia shot yet, and she said she didn't believe in vaccines and if she hadn't been told she would lose her job (last year) if she didn't get the covid vaccine, she would never have done it. Unbelievable. I just stared at her in amazement like she had two heads. A friggin' healthcare professional says something like that. SMH.

Also, be extra careful if you're planning to go on a cruise ship!! One of my brothers, his girlfriend went to Bermuda on a cruise ship & found out that she was exposed to the covid-19 virus!!! She had to quarrentine herself when she got back home!!!! Guess that there were so many people on the ship & they all were close together, & no one is going to tell you if they are infected with covid!!! What a bad way to find out if someone is sick!!!:yuck:
BA.2 apparently is more transmissible than the measles. Measles meet cruise ship.

BA.2 apparently is more transmissible than the measles. Measles meet cruise ship.
Yeah, I didn't like the whole idea of cruise ships way before the pandemic. Nothing like being herded in a cattle-like fashion and crammed into small spaces with people you might or might not like being around. People were dirty and germy before, some people might have temporarily adopted more sanitary practices but long-term, people fall back into bad habits. I have been in public restrooms over the years where I have seen women walking out of the stall, rinsing their hands for a few seconds, patting their hair, applying makeup, and walking out. And some just straight up walking out of the stalls and out the door without stopping at the sink. UGH. Gross.

Yeah, I didn't like the whole idea of cruise ships way before the pandemic. Nothing like being herded in a cattle-like fashion and crammed into small spaces with people you might or might not like being around. People were dirty and germy before, some people might have temporarily adopted more sanitary practices but long-term, people fall back into bad habits. I have been in public restrooms over the years where I have seen women walking out of the stall, rinsing their hands for a few seconds, patting their hair, applying makeup, and walking out. And some just straight up walking out of the stalls and out the door without stopping at the sink. UGH. Gross.
The beginning of the pandemic was a cruise ship nightmare, and I mean nightmare for the people trapped for over a month stuck on board.

I remember, so awful!
Yeah, early 2020 was a full on "who's driving the bus" moment. In Ontario during that time was the confusion with retirement homes, that was ridiculous and loved ones in hospitals not being able to be with family in their last breaths of life. I remember Cuomo sending recovered residents back into retirement homes for the fear of overrunning hospitals. Also back then the people in charge had the rate of death from contracting covid 19 at around 3% and figured millions of Americans were going to die over the coming months and had triage ships pulling into the harbor in NY. Crazy times.

I was at the doctor getting my pneumonia shot and since it was just a vaccine, I saw a nurse instead. I was talking with the nurse and asking if she had her pneumonia shot yet, and she said she didn't believe in vaccines and if she hadn't been told she would lose her job (last year) if she didn't get the covid vaccine, she would never have done it. Unbelievable. I just stared at her in amazement like she had two heads. A friggin' healthcare professional says something like that. SMH.
I have strong feelings on this one, but out of respect for anyone who may have health professionals in their family, I will hold back. I just don't understand how you can devote your life to this particular profession if you "don't believe in it"

I have strong feelings on this one, but out of respect for anyone who may have health professionals in their family, I will hold back. I just don't understand how you can devote your life to this particular profession if you "don't believe in it"
I have health professionals in my family who whole heartedly embrace the science. I don't get it either. And how unprofessional for her to say that to a patient.

My wifes friend is a theater nurse quite high up but my wife told me something hard to believe. The nurse has another friend who is travelling to the states later In the year . They both sat at 1 of their places and swapped masked several times over an hour so the travellers could catch covid. She didnt want to be inconvenienced while overseas. Unbelievable really.

Russ
Of all the stupid things to do! What stark-raving idiocy!!! That is like sending the wolf out to guard the sheep!! Who in their right minds would even THINK about doing that!!! I tell you, that if those people had brains, they'd be dangerous!! Seems like they are trying to spread the virus around the country all over again & get everyone sick!! :yuck::yuck::yuck:

Last edited:
I've had doctors I visited last year tell me 'it's my office so if you want you can take your masks off you know''.. so this doesn't surprise me. And I am a vulnerable patient..

Of all the stupid things to do! What stark-raving idiocy!!! That is like sending the wolf out to guard the sheep!! Who in their right minds would even THINK about doing that!!! I tell you, that if those people had brains, they'd be dangerous!! Seems like they are trying to spread the virus around the country all over again & get everyon sick!! :yuck::yuck::yuck:
There are plenty of idiots out there, and some of them are running our country. And there are plenty of people who buy into that "herd immunity" idea of not getting vaccinated and ideally having the virus to build immunity. I like the idea of "herd immunity" created by smart people getting vaccinated and maybe getting a few sniffles if they are accidentally exposed to covid. But the idea of healthcare professionals purposely getting people sick is an overwhelmingly horrible idea.

Denmark is suspending vaccinations as of May 15th. Tyra Krause the director of SSI said it's impossible to stop the spread of the infection even with severe restrictions and the best course of action is to let it spread throughout the population. Denmark has a high vaccination rate and the virus is basically under control.

Denmark is suspending vaccinations as of May 15th. Tyra Krause the director of SSI said it's impossible to stop the spread of the infection even with severe restrictions and the best course of action is to let it spread throughout the population. Denmark has a high vaccination rate and the virus is basically under control.

I suppose what isn't really clear is how much immunity wanes and over what time scale. In England, a 2nd booster (4th jab) has been rolled out for people over 75, residents in care homes and those with weakened immune systems. That doesn't include me - my 1st booster (3rd jab) was in mid-December. I think there is a watch and wait policy as to whether to roll out boosters to anyone else in the Autumn.

3 jabs didn't stop Omicron for my wife or I, but Omicron was so mild that maybe this is the right combination to achieve "herd immunity"? That is to say a mixture of vaccine and natural antibodies could be just what we need to significantly stop the spread of the virus. Then again, other people may react differently and of course the immunocompromised out there still need to be on heightened alert.

Back
Top Bottom