How is the corona virus affecting you?

Both my husband and I had Covid back in January and about maybe acoupla months or so ago, my hair has been falling out at a shocking rate!

IMG_1667.JPG
IMG_1668.JPG

I had my follow-up appointment with the PCP last month and she said that they are finding that this is the case after Covid, as well, Shingles, which I also had!!! I won't show you that one, because, I wound up with a secondary skin infection which was a bit ugly and painful.
My hair is starting to grow back in; I have oodles of "baby hairs" all around my face, which is a bit annoying with just the slights of a breeze, I just can't tame them.

Both my husband and I had Covid back in January and about maybe acoupla months or so ago, my hair has been falling out at a shocking rate!

View attachment 86843 View attachment 86844

I had my follow-up appointment with the PCP last month and she said that they are finding that this is the case after Covid, as well, Shingles, which I also had!!! I won't show you that one, because, I wound up with a secondary skin infection which was a bit ugly and painful.
My hair is starting to grow back in; I have oodles of "baby hairs" all around my face, which is a bit annoying with just the slights of a breeze, I just can't tame them.

Here the shingles jab is free when you reach 65. I'm done.

Russ

The company rule now is that if you have covid, you treat it like a cold, if you feel fine then you can come back to work but keep a distance, if you are unwell then you are off sick as normal, there is no more covid pay just the normal standard sick pay. I understand we have to move forward and 'get on with it' but at the same time it is nasty and could cause harm to anyone who is vulnerable.. swings and roundabouts I suppose.

That happened to a friend of mine as well.

Here the shingles jab is free when you reach 65. I'm done.
Here, most insurance plans will cover it at 60 (I think), but if you want it before then, it’s on you and it ain’t cheap (ask me how I know…).

There are two available, the older one and the new shingrex two-shot. The older one is covered and is cheap, but both our doctors told us that it’s not very effective, while the new one is much more so.

MrsT is considered high risk for it (and everything else, it seems) so her doctor wrote a little letter for the insurance company, saying it was a medical necessity for her; because of her autoimmune disorder, should she get shingles, she’d have a worse-than-average experience with it.

Used to be, when a doc would do that, insurance companies would yield and cover it, but no more. They said, “Tough 💩, pay for it yourself or wait a few more years!”

We paid (for both of us).

The company rule now is that if you have covid, you treat it like a cold, if you feel fine then you can come back to work but keep a distance, if you are unwell then you are off sick as normal, there is no more covid pay just the normal standard sick pay.
That’s sort of what it is at my job now, with the added benefit that, if you can work from home, go ahead and stay home, but if you need to come in to do your job, having covid is no longer a good enough reason on its own.

It’s a lot more relaxed now. After MrsT was exposed, I checked up on the latest quarantine rules, and I expected a “stay home for five days” thing, something like that, but it was, “If you’re vaccinated, you've been positively exposed, but no symptoms, carry on like nothing happened.” - she quarantined anyway, and I cancelled a trip to see my dad in the nursing home, just to be safe.

It’s a lot more relaxed now. After MrsT was exposed, I checked up on the latest quarantine rules, and I expected a “stay home for five days” thing, something like that, but it was, “If you’re vaccinated, you've been positively exposed, but no symptoms, carry on like nothing happened.” - she quarantined anyway, and I cancelled a trip to see my dad in the nursing home, just to be safe.
Gotta keep everyone safe.

The general manager has Covid for the 2nd time, our Quality manager has Covid for the 2nd time and is at home feeling very poorly, my colleague who sits to my left has Covid for the 3rd time, she is fine but is taking a couple of days holiday. It is spreading again and the FD is starting to get a bit twitchy...

The general manager has Covid for the 2nd time, our Quality manager has Covid for the 2nd time and is at home feeling very poorly, my colleague who sits to my left has Covid for the 3rd time, she is fine but is taking a couple of days holiday. It is spreading again and the FD is starting to get a bit twitchy...

Estimate are that 1 in 12 has it in England. Its summer and the rates should be lower...

Estimate are that 1 in 12 has it in England. Its summer and the rates should be lower...
Yeah and school holidays are starting now as well (in the UK). Private schools are already finishing for the year, so it's only going to get worse as people go on holiday...

It's not affecting me, our government is ignoring it once again and doesn't even have any boosters available. Multiple watchdogs are sounding the alarm since the start of this month, but the Health ministry sees 'no urgent factors to currently take in consideration regarding the Covid situation'. Ie doing something costs us too much money and we're done spending money, as per a directive this week from the vice president. Covid support is halted completely.

Yeah, the immune escape for BA.5 is high and is really contagious but deaths are basically in the basement which is exactly why the mitigation was lifted, removed, reduced etc back in the early months of the year. Of course with the infection rate going up, the sky is falling down and I think seeing people alone in their vehicles wearing masks is here to stay. The fall with people forced more indoors we'll see it tick up for sure, but so will the flu and other contagions.

Last edited:
Yeah, the immune escape for BA.5 is high and is really contagious but deaths are basically in the basement which is exactly why the mitigation was lifted, removed, reduced etc back in the early months of the year. Of course with the infection rate going up, the sky is falling down and I think seeing people alone in their vehicles wearing masks is here to stay. The fall with people forced more indoors we'll see it tick up for sure, but so will the flu and other contagions.

The times I found myself wearing a mask alone in my car were because I forgot to take the dayum thing off.

CD

The times I found myself wearing a mask alone in my car were because I forgot to take the dayum thing off.

CD
Yep, that happens as well. I've done it coming out of stores when it was mandated and forget but always removed it. Too many incidents in my area for that to be the reason but then again the media in Ontario still paint the apocalypse is just around the corner.

Last edited:

CD
I don’t wear a mask much anymore (save yesterday, because the county I went to to get my booster is still a high risk county), but when I was wearing a mask, I’d frequently wear it in my car by myself, because once I got it fitted properly, I didn’t want to take it back off between shops that were just a couple of stoplights apart. Put it on for Kroger, leave it on for ALDI and Lowes.

Yep, that happens as well. I've done it coming out of stores when it was mandated and forget but always removed it. Too many incidents in my area for that to be the reason but then again the media in Ontario still paint the apocalypse is just around the corner.
Well as I said nobody cares here including the media. But I just had multiple PE's and am already in an at risk group, so that uptick in deaths might involve me and other vulnerable people and I don't quite think that's fine and dandy to ignore.

Back
Top Bottom