How is the corona virus affecting you?

I don’t wear a mask much anymore (save yesterday, because the county I went to to get my booster is still a high risk county), but when I was wearing a mask, I’d frequently wear it in my car by myself, because once I got it fitted properly, I didn’t want to take it back off between shops that were just a couple of stoplights apart. Put it on for Kroger, leave it on for ALDI and Lowes.
Yeah I have worn it in much the same way between stops, just constantly taking it off and putting it on irritates me.

Well as I said nobody cares here including the media. But I just had multiple PE's and am already in an at risk group, so that uptick in deaths might involve me and other vulnerable people and I don't quite think that's fine and dandy to ignore.
The Netherlands don't care about the people vulnerable to the disease, that's a shame and I would be concerned too.

The Netherlands don't care about the people vulnerable to the disease, that's a shame and I would be concerned too.
Unfortunately they have been like this for the entire crisis after the first covid wave. The mantra has been 'protect the vulnerable' but money always prevails here so as soon as it's even marginally possible everything is thrown out the window.

The times I found myself wearing a mask alone in my car were because I forgot to take the dayum thing off.

CD
I think some uber and lift drivers wear their masks when alone in the car, or those who are going to pick up and transport an elderly or immunocompromised friend or family member. Keeping their germs from circulating throughout the car is a noble thing to do.

I will wear my mask in the car after leaving one location to visit another location (while working) that is within a minute or two away. Otherwise I completely change my mask, putting the used one in a ziplock, spraying it with alcohol, and sealing it, then sanitizing my hands. It's quite a production. I have probably 25 cloth masks to launder on a regular basis, plus a few boxes of the disposable ones as well.

When it's in the high 80s or low 90s it's very uncomfortable to wear the whole time.

I do recall wearing mine outside on cold and windy days of winter just to cover my face from the weather. But, yes, when it is 100F/38C outside like it is now, it is stifling.

CD

This morning I had a bit of a croaky voice and bit of a cough, then had the sniffles and a tight chest, headache, sore throat, felt off colour, apparently these are symptoms. I have tested and am negative, will test again tomorrow. I thought it could be hayfever but according to my colleague, pollen levels are low so can't be that, if that is the case then maybe it is because it is hot and I haven't had much sleep.
They are obsessed with it being covid :headshake:

This morning I had a bit of a croaky voice and bit of a cough, then had the sniffles and a tight chest, headache, sore throat, felt off colour, apparently these are symptoms. I have tested and am negative, will test again tomorrow. I thought it could be hayfever but according to my colleague, pollen levels are low so can't be that, if that is the case then maybe it is because it is hot and I haven't had much sleep.
They are obsessed with it being covid :headshake:
At any rate, it's horrible to not feel well, Covid-19 or not. And also, in my experience, it depends on the pollen type. There are some (juniper and cedar) that I am so sensitive to that it doesn't take much, and there could be low grass pollen and other types of pollen in the air but just a little bit of that juniper and cedar that I am breaking out in a rash and sneezing fits. So hope you are feeling better soon! :hug:

At any rate, it's horrible to not feel well, Covid-19 or not. And also, in my experience, it depends on the pollen type. There are some (juniper and cedar) that I am so sensitive to that it doesn't take much, and there could be low grass pollen and other types of pollen in the air but just a little bit of that juniper and cedar that I am breaking out in a rash and sneezing fits. So hope you are feeling better soon! :hug:
You wouldn’t want to live here. Juniper and Cedar are abundant.

Thank you.
It is only the past few years that I have had issues with hayfever, however it could just be a cold.

Back
Top Bottom