How is the corona virus affecting you?

There's been concern about the pfizer vaccine crossing over into the nucleus and possibly effecting our DNA, scrambling it then crossing over into placenta effecting babies DNA etc and of course embraced by the anti vaxx community. Here's an explanation that hopefully dispels those fears.

View: https://youtu.be/cqfDXVzWbLM

I'm lucky to have a sister who is a medical professional. When something pops up on the internet that doesn't quite pass the smell test, I can just make a phone call, and find out what's what.

CD

I'm lucky to have a sister who is a medical professional. When something pops up on the internet that doesn't quite pass the smell test, I can just make a phone call, and find out what's what.

CD
I also have a couple of people and 1 close friend that are Doctors that I can ask certain question and I value that. How much medical information is your sister considered an expert on? Most if not all medical information and experts are on the internet, it's where information is stored. It's where Dr's get their information and experts in their field discus in podcasts that information as well, the internet isn't the boggy man imo. cheers.

I also have a couple of people and 1 close friend that are Doctors that I can ask certain question and I value that. How much medical information is your sister considered an expert on? Most if not all medical information and experts are on the internet, it's where information is stored. It's where Dr's get their information and experts in their field discus in podcasts that information as well, the internet isn't the boggy man imo. cheers.

My sister is pretty online savvy. But, she is also a front line professional. She has to be up to date on the latest information, which as you know, changes constantly as new data comes in. She also has 90-year-old parents, so she needs to know what's going on.

My sister is an RN, which means she has a four year college degree, and in her case, it is from TCU, a premier private University. She also has to take many hours of online continuing education every year to keep her State issued license to be a Registered Nurse. She is around doctors, at a major hospital in Houston, all day, every day. When it comes to medical advice, I don't argue with her. I will ask a lot of questions, but don't doubt her.

CD

Apparently in the last couple of weeks 1 in 15 people in the UK have covid. It's not even considered a thing anymore by most it seems despite bring more prevalent than ever. Masks and sanitising still happen in hospitals, but everywhere else it's back to normal.
This information and the date of your post makes so much sense to me as my family all caught covid in UK recently.
The wedding we all went to was on April 8th (no masks there) and by the 13th I knew of a dozen people that had gotten it. We all just kind of let our guard down and suffered the consequences.
In my own party we had my wife, my parents and I road-tripping Scotland. We had heard that positive cases were reported from the wedding, but we couldn't get our hands on self-test kits. We did our best to be responsible and keep our masks on when in public, or in any common areas of hotels or restaurants. Good thing we did because everyone in my car except me got it. I think my exposure to covid in January gave me a boost in immunity and I remained negative despite driving maskless in a car with 3 sick people.

My sister is pretty online savvy. But, she is also a front line professional. She has to be up to date on the latest information, which as you know, changes constantly as new data comes in. She also has 90-year-old parents, so she needs to know what's going on.

My sister is an RN, which means she has a four year college degree, and in her case, it is from TCU, a premier private University. She also has to take many hours of online continuing education every year to keep her State issued license to be a Registered Nurse. She is around doctors, at a major hospital in Houston, all day, every day. When it comes to medical advice, I don't argue with her. I will ask a lot of questions, but don't doubt her.

CD
I respect most people in the medical field and my personal Dr. is a good friend as well and I certainly do respect your sister and the comfort she give to other people with her knowledge. The podcast I posted was to help people that may have concerns about that specific topic and Dr. Damania is a molecular biologist with his thesis on integrin cell-cell adhesion pathways from Berkley and Stanford who talks about those concerns. Maybe you could tell us what in that podcast didn't pass your smell test if that's what you were alluding to, I'm not quite sure. Also maybe you could get your sister to watch it and get her opinion. You never know it actually might be good information. Cheers

There's been concern about the pfizer vaccine crossing over into the nucleus and possibly effecting our DNA, scrambling it then crossing over into placenta effecting babies DNA etc and of course embraced by the anti vaxx community.
It’sa good thing I’m past my child-bearing* years. :laugh:

*WTH, Apple?! You autocorrected “child-bearing” to “child-beating!” :laugh:

Maybe you could tell us what in that podcast didn't pass your smell test if that's what you were alluding to,

Mod.comment:
I think there is a misunderstanding here? There wasn't anything posted to suggest that anything in the podcast you linked to 'didn't pass the smell test'. I think the point was, that the false rumours about DNA changes from the Pfizer vaccines passing to the foetus 'don't pass the smell test'.

I respect most people in the medical field and my personal Dr. is a good friend as well and I certainly do respect your sister and the comfort she give to other people with her knowledge. The podcast I posted was to help people that may have concerns about that specific topic and Dr. Damania is a molecular biologist with his thesis on integrin cell-cell adhesion pathways from Berkley and Stanford who talks about those concerns. Maybe you could tell us what in that podcast didn't pass your smell test if that's what you were alluding to, I'm not quite sure. Also maybe you could get your sister to watch it and get her opinion. You never know it actually might be good information. Cheers

No, there was nothing wrong with your podcast. I was not being critical of that, at all. I was just saying "I'm lucky to have my sister to ask about health issues." I think you read a bit too much into that, or I wasn't clear.

We are cool. :okay:

CD

Mod.comment:
I think there is a misunderstanding here? There wasn't anything posted to suggest that anything in the podcast you linked to 'didn't pass the smell test'. I think the point was, that the false rumours about DNA changes from the Pfizer vaccines passing to the foetus 'don't pass the smell test'.

Thanks. It was definitely just GH and I not talking on the same wavelength. We're good. No harm, no foul.

CD

Mod.comment:
I wasn't sure, that's why I asked.

Also, be extra careful if you're planning to go on a cruise ship!! One of my brothers, his girlfriend went to Bermuda on a cruise ship & found out that she was exposed to the covid-19 virus!!! She had to quarrentine herself when she got back home!!!! Guess that there were so many people on the ship & they all were close together, & no one is going to tell you if they are infected with covid!!! What a bad way to find out if someone is sick!!!:yuck:

Also, be extra careful if you're planning to go on a cruise ship!! One of my brothers, his girlfriend went to Bermuda on a cruise ship & found out that she was exposed to the covid-19 virus!!! She had to quarrentine herself when she got back home!!!! Guess that there were so many people on the ship & they all were close together, & no one is going to tell you if they are infected with covid!!! What a bad way to find out if someone is sick!!!:yuck:
My wifes friend is a theater nurse quite high up but my wife told me something hard to believe. The nurse has another friend who is travelling to the states later In the year . They both sat at 1 of their places and swapped masked several times over an hour so the travellers could catch covid. She didnt want to be inconvenienced while overseas. Unbelievable really.

Russ

My wifes friend is a theater nurse quite high up but my wife told me something hard to believe. The nurse has another friend who is travelling to the states later In the year . They both sat at 1 of their places and swapped masked several times over an hour so the travellers could catch covid. She didnt want to be inconvenienced while overseas. Unbelievable really.

Russ
That's horrible. I don't know how your wife could tolerate being a friend with someone like that. I would tell them to eff off! I am also not sure how getting other travelers sick makes them inconvenienced? Very crazy mindset!

That's horrible. I don't know how your wife could tolerate being a friend with someone like that. I would tell them to eff off! I am also not sure how getting other travelers sick makes them inconvenienced? Very crazy mindset!
The nurse is really intelligent and that's what got me. Her hubby a pilot for air new Zealand.
This virus makes people do strange things.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom