How is the corona virus affecting you?

No mask in sight here ANYWHERE.

Russ

I see them from time to time. Asians in the US wear them more often than most people. Seems to be a cultural thing. My neighbor works in retail, and is around a lot of people she doesn't know. She wears one at work. That makes good sense.

Red states in the US are very anti-mask, and are becoming more and more anti-vax... especially Texas. I guess masks and vaccines fall under the "woke" category. 🤷‍♂️

CD

I see a surprising number of masks here, but that's probably because the health system is bankrupt. It might also be that the government still hasn't worked out what COVID is. They probably think it's a North Korean missile.

I see them from time to time. Asians in the US wear them more often than most people. Seems to be a cultural thing. My neighbor works in retail, and is around a lot of people she doesn't know. She wears one at work. That makes good sense.

Red states in the US are very anti-mask, and are becoming more and more anti-vax... especially Texas. I guess masks and vaccines fall under the "woke" category. 🤷‍♂️

CD

Yeah asians driving wear them . I recently went drs for a script wearing a mask. I said its dam hard breathing through this. She said take it off. Then she took her off.
True!!!
Recent rugby tournament we went to, 300 people, not 1 mask.

Russ

January this year I fired my family practitioner and hired a new one. She is amazing. I trust her implicitly. I have had the two initial COVID vaccines and one booster. We both had a mild case of COVID a year ago. I am a former heavy smoker. My lung capacity is restricted. My doctor recommended the new booster. I have an appointment for the COVID booster shot and the pneumonia vaccine tomorrow.
My doctor has ordered flu vaccines and will let me know when she has it available. Probably in a week or two. I have not had the Shingles vaccine; it is on the to do list.
I see very few masks. We do not wear mask, nor do we attend large crowd events. This summer has been so miserably hot that I have rarely poked my head outside. I order my groceries for pick up. I have only occasionally gone into a store. I kind of miss grocery shopping. It sounds crazy but I pay more attention to fruits and vegetables than the store shoppers do.
George refuses to take the new booster.

January this year I fired my family practitioner and hired a new one. She is amazing. I trust her implicitly. I have had the two initial COVID vaccines and one booster. We both had a mild case of COVID a year ago. I am a former heavy smoker. My lung capacity is restricted. My doctor recommended the new booster. I have an appointment for the COVID booster shot and the pneumonia vaccine tomorrow.
My doctor has ordered flu vaccines and will let me know when she has it available. Probably in a week or two. I have not had the Shingles vaccine; it is on the to do list.
I see very few masks. We do not wear mask, nor do we attend large crowd events. This summer has been so miserably hot that I have rarely poked my head outside. I order my groceries for pick up. I have only occasionally gone into a store. I kind of miss grocery shopping. It sounds crazy but I pay more attention to fruits and vegetables than the store shoppers do.

Any day above earth is a bonus. :) :)

Russ

That's a shame. Have you tried saying 'do it for me?'. I know its what I would say.

Here, they just announced roll out of the booster for the following groups:

The following people are eligible for an autumn Covid booster:

Residents in care homes for older adults
This is because the risk of severe Covid continues to be strongly associated with increasing age and underlying health conditions.

That's a shame. Have you tried saying 'do it for me?'. I know its what I would say.

Here, they just announced roll out of the booster for the following groups:

I'm not getting any more jobs and wife said the same. BUT last time they lied and said not mandated but changed the rules. Education jobs. No jab no job.
Well see how this goes.
I only got jabbed last time as kids were and if I wanted to see them I had to be jabbed.
I'm confident my immune system can handle it.

Russ

My DH & I both tested positive, yet again.
This variant wasn't so bad though.
Our PCP prescribed that new Pfizer drug, and then we had to self isolate for 5 days and then 5 more days in public with masks ... we just stayed home.
For me anyways, it was like having a cold.

Back
Top Bottom