How is the corona virus affecting you?

So when you come back you have two weeks off work to quarantine?
That's the Government instruction. Here's the stupidity of the thing... I am going to perform acceptance trials on a new resin dispensing machine. So if I fly out, sign off the machine, then fly back whilst the equipment is delivered by DHL I have to go into quarantine. If however I drive to Germany in the company van, sign off the machine then load it into my vehicle and bring it back with me I don't have to isolate because I am a delivery driver. Madness!

Our Guv abruptly ended his stay-at-home rule, which was never much of a mandate anyway, and pretty much everything is open or is opening very soon, I think. I can't even keep track any longer. 🤷🏻‍♂️

My point in mentioning that is to talk about the psychological impact of opening things. Before that, when I'd go out to Kroger or some such, I'd see nearly all the workers in masks, and maybe 70% or so of customers in masks.

Today, I had to go because I was out of eggs, and upon entering, I noticed virtually every employee was wearing a mask...down around their necks, leaving their faces completely exposed, and masks among customers was maybe 25% at best. I'm pretty sure employees are still required to wear a mask, too, but maybe I missed the announcement that said your adam's apple is now your most vulnerable part.

See, you lift a few restrictions, ease up a little here and there, and everyone thinks, "Ok, back to normal!" - and they ignore all the restrictions.

There's a website that tracks transmission rates per state - under a score of 1, the virus isn't transmitting enough to stay active and will start to pass, and over 1, it is transmitting at a rate to keep going. Something like that, anyway.

Right around reopening, Ohio was at a very nice 0.78, and it had been steadily declining before that, meaning the virus was well on its way out, and I just checked it yesterday, and we've climbed to a 0.95 - still under 1, but not for long, I'd wager.

Corona virus related. At 5pm BST the British Prime Minister in one short statement gave away all his credibility, split the Conservative party, rendered the authority of the police in covid matters unworkable and made 66 million people very angry. All to try to save the job of the man who pulls his strings.
We all needed a little light relief.

As one of my friends said (well, emailed), what we are seeing in the UK is the result of a Cabinet full of toadies and sycophants. People utterly devoid of talent, people utterly devoid of empathy, people devoid of any discernible ability. Which is why we're in the lamentable mess we're in.
Sounds similar to much of the US government.

Okay, so we know where we stand. The career of an unelected spin doctor is far more important than the lives of the UK population.

How much more ordure do you want to heap upon us, Bozo?
Cummings of course knows where Boris' skeletons are hidden because he helped hide them.

Cummings of course knows where Boris' skeletons are hidden because he helped hide them.
It does make you wonder, though. Why is every Tory MP so terrified of Cummings? Has he got photos? Is this where goats come into things? There's always this stuff about how so many Tories are angry "in private" but none of this manifests itself in overt ways.

I hope that, one day soon, this blows up in their face. Probably a false hope. The devotees of the Tory press apologists will do what they always do.

It does make you wonder, though. Why is every Tory MP so terrified of Cummings? Has he got photos? Is this where goats come into things? There's always this stuff about how so many Tories are angry "in private" but none of this manifests itself in overt ways.

I hope that, one day soon, this blows up in their face. Probably a false hope. The devotees of the Tory press apologists will do what they always do.
At this point I am waiting (hopefully not in vain) for The Mirror or the Guardian to publish evidence of the latter two misdemeanours. That would blow the whole government position out of the water.

The whole lot of them bewilder me. Gove, metaphorically speaking, stabbed Johnson in the back, yet is a big cheese. Priti 'Vacant' Patel is so useless that they only wheel her out on days when the press have given up. This is a woman who would, by her own criteria, deport herself. And these are the talented ones.

At this point I am waiting (hopefully not in vain) for The Mirror or the Guardian to publish evidence of the latter two misdemeanours. That would blow the whole government position out of the water.
This is the key, what are the papers holding back. It was revealed by Sky tonight that the guy who saw him at Barnard Castle wrote down the number plate because it is a personalised one, and guess who it turns out it belonged to. ANPR records and perhaps normal phone photos which happened to catch him in the background might come out, here's hoping.

This weekend is a major holiday weekend in the US. It is the symbolic beginning of summer, and everyone celebrates it. Seems this year is no acceptation, for many. New coverage is showing beaches, parks and pools packed with people, shoulder-to-shoulder and no masks. There have even been scattered incidents of news crews wearing masks being harassed by knuckle-draggers at big gatherings.

It seems like a minority, but a substantial one, are taunting the virus -- "I double-dog dare you to make me sick."

BTW: As of 15 May 2020 the total cases of COVID-19 were 1,571,908 with 95,764 total deaths. We should go over 100K this week. We're Number One! Whoohoo!

DJT spent Saturday playing golf (no masks).

CD

Talk of opening border to Australia. In a month? This would be brilliant for both countries, think ozzy is 80 deaths and us 21? For some reason we both countries have missed the worst. Lots of friends have their plans cancelled for however long? Mainly family overseas. My good friend hasn't seen his first grandchild yet, she's in London with her husband.

Russ

That's because your two countries handled things quite well, also a bit easier to contain things better in countries that are basically just large islands. Not so easy on a continent like North America. And the US? We have a mixture of highly intelligent people (fewer unfortunately) and lots of ignorant people (they breed faster).

Our government's overall handling of this fiasco was horrendous and is getting worse. No one over here is on the same page, so much disparity between political parties and it will likely stay that way, and those states who have governors in opposition of our idiot-in-chief DJ Chump are getting egregious blowback for it both from the White House and each state's cattle...ahem, excuse me, sheep...oh no wait, I meant...their population of grand citizens who are so selfish and entitled that wearing a mask and social distancing is above them.

The only thing I can do is try to keep myself and my loved ones safe.

Back
Top Bottom