How is the corona virus affecting you?

In other corona news:
Our lockdown had some restrictions eased yesterday:
- Non essential stores are open
- Restaurants & bars with outdoor facilities may receive guests outside only
- Two households can meet, not just two people from two households
- The curfew has been annulled.

Me personally, I will keep sheltering myself until my second shot in June.

The problem we have is not availability of vaccines, but the number of Nimrods who say they don't want the vaccines.
Yup. Ohio is at about 30% for at least one shot, and now we're sitting on a vaccine surplus and have started closing some of our mass vaccination sites because there aren't enough people showing up.

We're almost back to "normal" here - about the only restriction is that we're supposed to wear a mask inside public spaces. That's about it. Like I mentioned yesterday, McD's here just reopened their self-serve drinks area and their touchscreen self-order kiosk.

My employer just announced that voluntary office work will commence in June. We'll still have to wear masks inside, get a temp check, etc, but we'll be able to come in as we please. Currently, if we want to come into the office, we have to fill out a long form, provide justification, and get three levels of approval.

I'm going to go in and clear my desk out at some point. I wonder how stale my opened bag of ginger snaps are? :laugh:

We're almost back to "normal" here - about the only restriction is that we're supposed to wear a mask inside public spaces. That's about it. Like I mentioned yesterday, McD's here just reopened their self-serve drinks area and their touchscreen self-order kiosk.

If the take up on the vaccine is only 30% that seems a highly dangerous strategy.

If the take up on the vaccine is only 30% that seems a highly dangerous strategy.
I think part of the reasoning is:

1. You have to go back to normal at some point
2. You can't make anyone get a vaccine

So if we've reached the point where pretty much everyone who wants a vaccine has gotten one... 🤷🏻‍♂️

The Guv here is trying to sweeten the pot by loosening restrictions for those who're fully vaccinated, like eliminating the requirement to quarantine if you've been exposed to Covid, but so far, there aren't many takers, it seems.

There is a prestigious private school here who notified their employees a few days ago that anyone who got vaccinated shouldn't bother coming into work as they would not be allowed to interact with the kids. There is a recording of the zoom or similar meeting where this was discussed. The next day, a spokesperson then backtracked and said they were just asking that school employees wait until after the school year is done. The words used in the call included "this vaccine is an experiment." Well, the sh!t is about to hit the fan. The furor has gone all the way to the whitehouse. This school receives public funding, all the way up to fed level. I have a feeling they are going to have to do some serious backpedaling and groveling, and someone may lose her job.

Centner Academy’s CEO Stands By Claims That COVID Vaccines Are ‘An Experiment Right Now’

There is a prestigious private school here who notified their employees a few days ago that anyone who got vaccinated shouldn't bother coming into work as they would not be allowed to interact with the kids. There is a recording of the zoom or similar meeting where this was discussed. The next day, a spokesperson then backtracked and said they were just asking that school employees wait until after the school year is done. The words used in the call included "this vaccine is an experiment." Well, the sh!t is about to hit the fan. The furor has gone all the way to the whitehouse. This school receives public funding, all the way up to fed level. I have a feeling they are going to have to do some serious backpedaling and groveling, and someone may lose her job.

Centner Academy’s CEO Stands By Claims That COVID Vaccines Are ‘An Experiment Right Now’

Yeah, I heard about this place. Idiots teaching children. Bad idea.

CD

Yup. Ohio is at about 30% for at least one shot,
I just checked, and I misspoke earlier. Ohio statewide is at 40%/32% for fully/partially vaccinated.

My county, however, is at 30%/26%. Our best day, we administered nearly 500 shots. Yesterday...50.

Back
Top Bottom