How is the corona virus affecting you?

Went in to pick up a prescription and the pharmacy had a big sign out offering no-appointment vaccines. That's a first for this location.

Not a soul in the vaccine waiting area, though.

My best friend lives in a small town, and both he and his wife are reluctant to get the vaccine. He gets a flu shot every year, and I told him, it's pretty much the same thing. He knows that, but small town folk seem to listen more to local gossip than reliable news. I'm sure everyone down there know's someone whose friend's brother-in-law's second cousin got the vaccine and almost died.

CD

We are both fully vaccinated with the Maderna vaccine.
We spent Easter weekend with stepson, DIL and GD at our camp at Toledo Bend. DIL is a teacher in the Katy Tx. school district. She received a call from her school telling her that one of her co-workers had Covid. She went to a clinic for a test. Fortunately negative. She went into her Drama Queen mode and insisted that she would not have the vaccine because she "did not do shots". WHAT? I had to bite my tongue to the point of bleeding. The alternative was to b!tch slap her. Her parents and Brad's Mother are all in their late 60's or early 70's. I don't care if she gets Covid. I do care about the high risk people around her that could be infected. Such foolish selfishness p!sses me off.

We are still awaiting info about vaccination, when and where. Possibly at our school.

Meanwhile,2 more kids are in quarantine, students of our school. One of them is 10 y old, her 8 y old sister has Covid.

Radio news yesterday was a surprising low of 300 new cases. Huge drop from the 3000 a week or so ago.

I don't know.

We are both fully vaccinated with the Maderna vaccine.
We spent Easter weekend with stepson, DIL and GD at our camp at Toledo Bend. DIL is a teacher in the Katy Tx. school district. She received a call from her school telling her that one of her co-workers had Covid. She went to a clinic for a test. Fortunately negative. She went into her Drama Queen mode and insisted that she would not have the vaccine because she "did not do shots". WHAT? I had to bite my tongue to the point of bleeding. The alternative was to b!tch slap her. Her parents and Brad's Mother are all in their late 60's or early 70's. I don't care if she gets Covid. I do care about the high risk people around her that could be infected. Such foolish selfishness p!sses me off.

Send her some brochures for "pre-arranged" funeral insurance with a note: "Since you don't do shots..."

I'm rather surprised Katy ISD doesn't require the vaccine for its teachers, unless they have a written letter from a Doctor saying they can't have one.

I know companies are reluctant to require vaccines from employees, but I'd have no problem doing it. I would tell my employees they don't have to get the vaccine, if they don't want to -- just don't come to work. Americans love to demand their freedoms and their rights, but forget about the part where, with freedom and rights come responsibilities. Like you said, selfishness.

CD

My best friend lives in a small town, and both he and his wife are reluctant to get the vaccine. He gets a flu shot every year, and I told him, it's pretty much the same thing.
I know someone who's the opposite - swears the flu shot is a big pharma scam (placebo for money), but couldn't get a Covid shot soon enough, and since he fell outside the early eligibility guidelines, that was a big govt scam... 😒

I'm rather surprised Katy ISD doesn't require the vaccine for its teachers, unless they have a written letter from a Doctor saying they can't have one.

I know companies are reluctant to require vaccines from employees, but I'd have no problem doing it. I would tell my employees they don't have to get the vaccine, if they don't want to -- just don't come to work. Americans love to demand their freedoms and their rights, but forget about the part where, with freedom and rights come responsibilities. Like you said, selfishness.

CD
On the flip side of that though, you have the school.in Miami....

Headmaster stood up for us and got us vaccination plans. Mine is this Saturday 8th May at 1 pm.

Our students who prepare for a competition have a test concert that Sat , so I made the necessary arrangements that my participation is done by 12.45...

Vacc will be done at the local high school, not too far from work.

With 3 new cases in my kid's school, none of the kids in her class wear masks. She told me.
We have a parents' group on whapp. While 1 mum and I asked the headmistress and classmistress to remind the kids...
One of the mums posted a pic of 5 kids without masks hugging and smiling in a pose. And commented, well they want to hang out, they are difficult to control.
And another sent a laugh emoji and heart.

What does it make me then? Requiring my own kid to wear a mask at all times within the school.

A witch surely. Who likes to torture her own kid just because there is no pandemic whatsoever.🦹

We are all carefree and jolly and ahaha life is so easy...

Whereas the 2nd mom had Covid and suffered immensely...how does that make sense??

I need a pinch. Maybe it is a dream.

Today is my "Congratulations, you're at Fully Vaccinated Stage" Day, so we'll be sitting our fat butts inside a restaurant tonight for the first time in 14 months. :woot:

You just watch, they'll get one of our orders wrong. Always happens. :laugh:

Hope you aren't going to a Cinco de Mayo celebration place. Not sure I'm that trusting yet, though we did go out for breakfast monday, and they were out of Craig's favorite, which is why we went there to begin with.

With 3 new cases in my kid's school, none of the kids in her class wear masks. She told me.
We have a parents' group on whapp. While 1 mum and I asked the headmistress and classmistress to remind the kids...
One of the mums posted a pic of 5 kids without masks hugging and smiling in a pose. And commented, well they want to hang out, they are difficult to control.
And another sent a laugh emoji and heart.

What does it make me then? Requiring my own kid to wear a mask at all times within the school.

A witch surely. Who likes to torture her own kid just because there is no pandemic whatsoever.🦹

We are all carefree and jolly and ahaha life is so easy...

Whereas the 2nd mom had Covid and suffered immensely...how does that make sense??

I need a pinch. Maybe it is a dream.

A big "star" on FOXnews is saying that kids wearing masks is child abuse, and that people should "confront" anyone wearing a mask outdoors...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMAcd0XePkw

CD

I don't know about that. They do it in Kentucky too, and that's not exactly Mexican central. I think it has spread over nearly all the US in an effort to get people in to spend lots of money on booze.

Could be. I just remember the two years I lived within miles of where Tasty lives, and it was heavy German, and not much else. The times we went South of the Ohio River, things seemed different -- more Southern. That was a long time ago.

CD

Back
Top Bottom