How is the corona virus affecting you?

I pass along things I've read, or things I've heard from my sister, a frontline medical professional. I don't go in depth, because I am neither a doctor or a scientist. I love science, but my profession is graphic design and photography, where I am qualified to comment in depth.

CD

I pass along things I've read, or things I've heard from my sister, a frontline medical professional. I don't go in depth, because I am neither a doctor or a scientist. I love science, but my profession is graphic design and photography, where I am qualified to comment in depth.

CD
I love science as well CD and personally I don't see a problem discussing it. We're not reinventing the wheel here, just some pretty basic stuff. :)

where a hospital worker has infected a patient
Who said it is ICU staff? It's all nurses period. That's general wards and the likes as well.

As for deaths decreasing, that's not the case here. Deaths are at their highest level of the entire pandemic.

Plus they are allowing lorry drivers and supermarket staff to work when positive as well.

I started feeling sick early Tuesday, tested positive Wednesday,
Sorry to hear this.

I also started ill on Tuesday evening. Went for a PCR test 8am Wednesday. We're still waiting on the results and from what I've been told by an editor of a local paper it could well be Thursday this week before we get the results.

I read somewhere in an Australia news website (I'm sorry I can't currently find the link and I feel to like crap right now to search) that in households where only 1 person hours down with it and the other doesn't that there is evidence that blood groups are also being looked into. Increasingly they are seeing that in the majority of these cases, the partners are different blood groups.

Sorry I need to rest. I'm exhausted again. 20 minutes pruning a pear tree and I'm utterly exhausted.

Who said it is ICU staff? It's all nurses period. That's general wards and the likes as well.

As for deaths decreasing, that's not the case here. Deaths are at their highest level of the entire pandemic.

Plus they are allowing lorry drivers and supermarket staff to work when positive as well.

Sorry to hear this.

I also started ill on Tuesday evening. Went for a PCR test 8am Wednesday. We're still waiting on the results and from what I've been told by an editor of a local paper it could well be Thursday this week before we get the results.

I read somewhere in an Australia news website (I'm sorry I can't currently find the link and I feel to like crap right now to search) that in households where only 1 person hours down with it and the other doesn't that there is evidence that blood groups are also being looked into. Increasingly they are seeing that in the majority of these cases, the partners are different blood groups.

Sorry I need to rest. I'm exhausted again. 20 minutes pruning a pear tree and I'm utterly exhausted.
I hope you will feel better soon :hug:

So how did the day of disobedience go? Nothing is being reported in the British press at the moment, but then we have a couple of juicy scandals to focus on.
No scandals, because the fact that half the country protested did not phase our politicians in the slightest as usual. Every restaurant was packed with customers like the lockdown didn't exist.
The public gave the new rules a resounding NO for an answer, but the coming days we'll have to see if people dare to go against the mandates for real because the muncipalities have stated they would only tolerate dissent for a day and will start closing businesses and give out fines to anyone not co operating from today on.
The only reaction politicians gave to the protest was 'well we're sorry you don't like it but we'll see you in two weeks at the press conference'.

I have had time to think on my probable exposure date being Dec 27th (where I was mask-less at a wedding) or Dec 28th (walking around Disney Springs in just a cloth mask). So that puts me at Exposure + 9 days. The sore throat is subsiding a bit and very rarely do I feel like coughing. Still wearing mask in the house and watching my wife's low grade fever and fatigue... but we can't tell whether the fatigue is due to the virus or the pregnancy lol. She gets re-tested tomorrow.
Pregnant? Congratulations!! Best wishes ! And a speedy recovery...

Why do you think they're allowing people to work when positive?

A 0 covid policy has facilitated one of the lowest covid death rates in the world in Australia so when the policy changed more recently the death rate had no where to go but up. New Zealand will be in a similar situation soon I suspect. Cheers

Well I've finely been given the all clear. Seems it was just a bad chest infection, cold, sore throat, chest pain and ... you get the idea. 6 full days for the results to come through though.
Well glad it's not Covid-19, but the not-knowing part must have been agonizing. But a chest infection is worse than what I had. Hope you're feeling better.

Well glad it's not Covid-19, but the not-knowing part must have been agonizing. But a chest infection is worse than what I had. Hope you're feeling better.
Thanks. The not being able to go out and get supplies in was the hardest part & frustrating to. Not bring able to stroll outside of the land we rent rather than get to roam the 800 hectares (2,500 acres) our landlord owns was also annoying. I'd just stayed to make progress with my waking distances after my hip replacement and now get to start all over again. The community really helped us out which was great and it looks like I'm probably getting a weekly veg box (I'll go down and choose the contents because she doesn't delivery outside of the local town). That's tomorrow at 2pm.... I get to go out and spend money!

But I'm still rough. The antibiotics knock me for six. But this lunch time was the last dose so hopefully tomorrow I'll start to improve but I'm still coughing (dead) crap up and struggling with my breathing which is a pain. I can at least talk again and with us both in the clear, next weeks citizenship ceremony is back on the books assuming that the Governor- General (the UK Queen's representative in Australia) has also recovered from Covid-19! I guess his deputy would have to cover if he hasn't. I'm hoping it will be good weather because I'm trying hard to avoid inside venues at the moment!
And I had to cancel physio this morning because we'd not heard in time and I really need my hip looking at because the muscles are sore and I don't know why. Maybe it's just a case of not being used for 6 days?

My doctors appointment was interesting (via phone call) because she's asked what's our Covid plan. Realistically I don't expect to survive catching it to be honest and as she confirmed the health authorities wouldn't know I'm a high risk patient from their information. As far as they are concerned I'm in my late 40's and female. That's a low risk group!

[Mod edit: post moved from separate topic to here. (TR)]

Germicidal UV Light Fixtures run at 30 to 40 watts and emit high energy UV light which as a side effect, creates ozone. Both the UV light and the ozone will kill germs. However, the UV light intensity and the ozone are harmful to pets and humans. These light fixtures come with a remote control to allow starting them and controlling them from outside the room where they are placed. They are capable of disinfecting an entire room. They run for just 15 minutes, typically, and that is enough time. It is important to understand that the room and indoor area where they were run, must be ventilated for an hour, a whole hour, to dissipate the generated ozone, which is harmful to human and pet health. Opening a window to ventilate seems to negate the use by letting in outside air, but perhaps not, if run on a sunny day.

Germicidal UV Lights have suddenly started showing up online in quantity since the COVID pandemic has progressed. They are normally used in hospital, restaurant and other commercial buildings and are not typical for home use, because of the health issues and care that must be taken to run them and ventilate afterwards.

Will a home run germicidal UV light help combat COVID? No. COVID contact and spread will more likely be encountered in public spaces, not in the home. If such a light is run in a public commercial building, it is the responsibility of that business or facility maintenance to properly run the light and ventilate the space afterwards. We can hope to trust them to use the lights responsibly.

Small wand UV light fixtures run at a lower wattage and emit lower intensity UV light and may be used for short applications in the home. Such wands typically are used to disinfect computer keyboards, shoes, door knobs and kitchen/bathroom areas, - places with high touch frequency. They should not be used to disinfect skin.

NEVER look directly at a UV light source!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom