How is the present heatwave affecting you?

Are you talking about free standing, vent out the window types?

I have a 'sort of' open plan ground floor but the front part is South facing and gets really hot. I can't open windows in that room as its on a noisy main road. I was thinking of wall mounted venting through the wall - has to be specially installed.
Yeah, pretty sure he is referring to a window unit.

Are you talking about free standing, vent out the window types?

I have a 'sort of' open plan ground floor but the front part is South facing and gets really hot. I can't open windows in that room as its on a noisy main road. I was thinking of wall mounted venting through the wall - has to be specially installed.

Yes, I was referring to a window air conditioner. You do need to put it in a room you can close off for maximum benefit.

In Texas, poor people can get them for free from City and State governments. Utility companies will even credit their electric bills. Too many people used to die because they couldn't afford air conditioning.

CD

Yes, I was referring to a window air conditioner. You do need to put it in a room you can close off for maximum benefit.

In Texas, poor people can get them for free from City and State governments. Utility companies will even credit their electric bills. Too many people used to die because they couldn't afford air conditioning.

CD
We have a window unit for our room over the garage even though we have a whole house HVAC. We also have a space heater for that room in the winter. Of course it's the guest room so neither of them get run very often. I occasionally will go up there to sleep if hubby is snoring but that doesn't happen much anymore since he dropped 20 pounds.

CD

Yeah - that wouldn't work here. I need something permanently installed. It seems indulgent to splurge a load of money on it, though. My life is misery for maybe a three to four weeks every year due to heat. By most people standards that's nothing I suppose.

Welcome to my world.

CD

Agreed. I'm barely functioning right now. I'm seriously considering installing air-con.

On Friday a male colleague became annoyed at some of us complaining about the heat, for him the temperature is perfect, what are we moaning about.
I came very close to sitting him down and explaining the whole menopause thing where our body temperature is already much higher than normal, so with this extra heat it is almost unbearable and suffocating. He is married so he must know something about it.

Last edited:
We are going to fall short of 100F/38C again, today. It is 97F/36C right now, and that's going to be the high for today.

CD

On Friday a male colleague became annoyed at some of us complaining about the heat, for him the temperature is perfect, what are we moaning about.
I came very close to sitting him down and explaining the whole menopause thing where our body temperature is already much higher than normal, so with this extra heat it is almost unbearable and suffocating. He is married so he must know something about it.
Maybe his wife is one of the odd ones like I was. I had 0 effects from menopause, much to the envy of women I know who had unbearable hot flashes and mood swings. All of my sisters had horrible experiences going through menopause. I realize I am one of the lucky ones, but I certainly wouldn't discount their experiences just because mine was not bad.

Maybe his wife is one of the odd ones like I was. I had 0 effects from menopause, much to the envy of women I know who had unbearable hot flashes and mood swings. All of my sisters had horrible experiences going through menopause. I realize I am one of the lucky ones, but I certainly wouldn't discount their experiences just because mine was not bad.

When I realised I was starting to go through it I had no issue, it is part and parcel of being a female, things have just become worse over the past couple of years :(

When I realised I was starting to go through it I had no issue, it is part and parcel of being a female, things have just become worse over the past couple of years :(
I'm hoping it gets better soon :hug:

36C 97F for several days in Zürich. My desire to cook and make videos plummeted.
I'm also recovering from a really bad dose, that took four weeks to shake. My poor wife is still suffering from it.
Antibiotics and steroids for both of us.

For the heat, I found fans to be very helpful.

But thankfully I'm back at the editing, just dropped the chicken pot pie video....enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom