How Much TV Do You Watch?

I like the Foreign film section..gf never did because she found it hard to keep up..but after a few movies she searches those sections as much as I do..
I love that stuff. I watch more of those than homegrown programs/movies.

I don't really watch TV anymore. When I was younger I would tune into UK comedy shows (Blackadder, Young Ones, Bottom, Only Fools and Horses) and also sci-fi like Star Trek and stuff. These days, while we have Netflix, I rarely watch it - just the odd show so it's my wife and kids who are mainly taking advantage of it. In the past year I watched Squid Game and some of Stranger Things, but prior to that the last thing I watched all the way through was Breaking Bad, so quite a few years in-between. I watch YouTube maybe 2 hours a week - food/cooking, travel and my other interests.

I'm a video gamer, so my TV in the bedroom is more used for my PlayStation.

Here is my bedroom TV. Currently showing, a sweatshirt and walking pants.

IMG_1835 copy.jpg

BTW, no cable or satellite TV here, either. I do have Peacock for five bucks a month. I have AppleTV boxes, but have not subscribed to the service, yet. I need to look into it to see if it is worth it. I currently use AppleTV to watch movies/concert videos stored on my main computer, or to rent movies.

CD

We have a 60" TV in the bedroom but nowhere else on this side of the house. But our bedroom also has a seating area with a loveseat, papasan chair, and coffee table on one side of the room closer to the tv, with my office space on the other. During the afternoon the TV stays on CNBC for stock channel and businesss news. I mostly just listen to it if I'm working at my computer. We listen to music in the kitchen/living area while I am cooking or we are entertaining. At night before we go to sleep we watch TV shows or movies sometimes in bed.

We have a 60" TV in the bedroom but nowhere else on this side of the house. But our bedroom also has a seating area with a loveseat, papasan chair, and coffee table on one side of the room closer to the tv, with my office space on the other. During the afternoon the TV stays on CNBC for stock channel and businesss news. I mostly just listen to it if I'm working at my computer. We listen to music in the kitchen/living area while I am cooking or we are entertaining. At night before we go to sleep we watch TV shows or movies sometimes in bed.

You must have a large bedroom. I couldn't fit all that into any of my bedrooms. Had to look up 'papasan chair' - very retro!

You must have a large bedroom. I couldn't fit all that into any of my bedrooms. Had to look up 'papasan chair' - very retro!
Yep I had to look that up too!

I believe houses in the US are much larger than in Europe. My house is a 2 bedroom 69m2 (742. 7sq feet) at any rate.

Yes, when we added on to the house I wanted a big bedroom. It's got a sliding glass door that goes out on the back deck. I think our bedroom is 25 ft by 25 ft? I'd have to measure it, it could be bigger, LOL. It's the biggest bedroom I have ever had in my life!

Yep I had to look that up too!

I believe houses in the US are much larger than in Europe. My house is a 2 bedroom 69m2 (742. 7sq feet) at any rate.
It's much larger than normal bedrooms of homes in the US although some people probably have bigger ones!

I love my papasan chair! When we lived in Okinawa, Japan, we had one. I have always loved them, they are so comfortable!

And a terrace too (or balcony?).

To keep on topic, I assume the TV is on the wall opposite the bed?
Yes, we call it a deck here. It runs down the length of the back of the house, past the dining/kitchen area. And yes, the TV is on the wall opposite the bed.

It's a little messy, lol. I wasn't expecting company :laugh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom